Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 First Time at Coachella Guide, Tips and Tricks

Default Re: 2014 First Time at Coachella Guide, Tips and Tricks

All great advice. As a guy who gets burned if I even think about the sun too hard, I'd also add that wearing a bandana under your hat is a fantastic way to keep the sun off your neck, and it can double as an emergency face mask in the event of an unforseen sandstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    11. Bring a scarf / dust mask & clear glasses - the last two years it's been great and we didn't need them as the wind was down, but for majority of the years the wind blows hard (insert joke) and the dust is freaking unreal...those that have been here have seen that it'll be the worst dust storm you've ever seen in your life....without the scarf your gonna be coughing up dust chunks all night long. I go as far as to bring clear glasses to keep the dust out of my eyes. I didn't use them the two years, but took them anyway. UPDATED: Last year I had a dust mask from home depot ($1.00) and cheap safety glasses (clear- I'm not talking the ones you wore in science in high school - these look more like Oakley's but clear)($1.50)....saved my ass. I was the only one not blowing chunks of dirt out of my nose and mouth for the next 2 days. I could have sold pairs of glasses for $20 each the last night and dust masks for $20 as well. I take three masks and 3 pairs of safety glasses....if I use em each night great....if not I toss em. I get mine at my last locker trip each night before I head over for dinner. Easy tip - if it's a little windy during the day ....it's gonna be a fucking whirlwind at night.
    Take a look if you want to see how bad it gets....trust me if you haven't seen a Coachella dust storm - it's nothing short of a wholly F moment ....link here ...http://blog.pe.com/music/2013/04/15/...ive-home-ever/
    A lot of great advice here. For people sleeping on the dust mask front, here was a Vine I took last year of what the sand and wind were doing on Night 3: https://vine.co/v/bFHFTAVOrWm/

I was coughing up dust for a week, I'm definitely bringing a scarf or something this year, just in case.
    06, 08-14

Put your name, friends name and their cell number on your lock screen. Just incase you drop your phone.
    Everyones a Photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by zemorr View Post
    Put your name, friends name and their cell number on your lock screen. Just incase you drop your phone.
    Same theme - put your contact info as the start screen of your camera (if you have that option).

Are we allowed to bring deodorant ?

Quote Originally Posted by zemorr View Post
    Reality is if you lose your phone you have 1 in a million chance getting it back. I know some guys n gals that clean up after Chella each night. They each clear 4-5 iPhones ...they sell em. I know it's not right but they make $300 on each. Reality here is don't take ur phone...leave it in the locker. You can live a few hours without it.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdocristy View Post
    You'd think it was not allowed the way some of these people smell...lol
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by weirdocristy View Post
    If we could only bring febreeze in the field or have them sponsor the event, that will be great. By noon, a good number of people needs to be sprayed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post

11. Bring a scarf / dust mask & clear glasses - the last two years it's been great and we didn't need them as the wind was down, but for majority of the years the wind blows hard (insert joke) and the dust is freaking unreal...those that have been here have seen that it'll be the worst dust storm you've ever seen in your life....without the scarf your gonna be coughing up dust chunks all night long. I go as far as to bring clear glasses to keep the dust out of my eyes. I didn't use them the two years, but took them anyway. UPDATED: Last year I had a dust mask from home depot ($1.00) and cheap safety glasses (clear- I'm not talking the ones you wore in science in high school - these look more like Oakley's but clear)($1.50)....saved my ass. I was the only one not blowing chunks of dirt out of my nose and mouth for the next 2 days. I could have sold pairs of glasses for $20 each the last night and dust masks for $20 as well. I take three masks and 3 pairs of safety glasses....if I use em each night great....if not I toss em. I get mine at my last locker trip each night before I head over for dinner. Easy tip - if it's a little windy during the day ....it's gonna be a fucking whirlwind at night.
    Take a look if you want to see how bad it gets....trust me if you haven't seen a Coachella dust storm - it's nothing short of a wholly F moment ....link here ...http://blog.pe.com/music/2013/04/15/...ive-home-ever/
    I'll probably get myself some boring clear safety glasses from Home Depot because I don't care what I look like if it's dust storming.

Or maybe for a few more dollars something that looks a little more normalish.

But what I really need is to find a pair that my girl will be ok with wearing. At first I was thinking these pink ones on Amazon...

...but now it's got me thinking - are these style of glasses adequate? I'm sure they'll handle things hitting them straight on just fine, but do they provide enough cover for a coachella dust storm? Do these unsealed types of glasses keep the dust out? Or do I need to focus more on the burning man type of sealed glasses I personally hate the look of? I REALLY dont want to get sealed burning man type glasses if I can avoid it - but if the ones I'm looking at don't keep the dust out then I'll have no choice. Searching for "sealed eyewear" comes up with the most awful burning man type of things I don't want to be caught wearing, but I'm sure they are fantastic at keeping the dust out.

So tl:dr does anyone have firsthand knowledge that unsealed safety eyewear keep the dust out of your eyes in a dust storm?
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Lurker

plastic tent stakes. not metal

ManimCool - the top pair is EXACTLY the kind I have....good post. They're $4.50 for a set of 4 (3 clear and one dark) or $1.50 per pair.
    Even if you have a pair buy a new pair so your view is crystal clear
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!

My trick to keeping cool, bring a bandana and do the following:
    A) run it under the water fountain when you're filling up your camelbak/water bottles
    or
    B) ask to dip it in the ice water that is used to keep the bottled water / red bulls cold around the festival

Then tie your bandana around your head or neck to stay cool all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

I just bought an external battery for my phone so if it dies, I won't have to find a plug in to get a full charge.
    Having one of these was a huge help last year. Worth the $30-$60 to just have.

1. Open a text thread the night before with every person in your group on it. Reply all when you are separated. Someone will respond.
    2. Make getting your booze-bracelet the first thing you do when you get into the venue. Don't take it off all weekend.
    3. Establish Meeting Spot A (Beer Garden under ferris wheel), and Meeting Spot B (Beer Garden near Sahara Tent). This is where you will meet up with members of your group when you are separated.
    4. Bring long sleeves in a bookbag or locker. It might be 100 during the day, but it might be 40 at night. Prepare.
    5. Get fucking wild.

If you're not camping and leaving Indio to go home right at the end of Day 3, get gas in the morning and go pee before you leave the venue. The traffic leaving the parking lot is so badly redirected, that you can basically only access ONE gas station on the way out of Indio and it will be completely packed (which will make you hate life even more if you have to work the next day, another mistake I'm NOT making this year!) If you take care of it ahead of time, you will blissfully slide out of town.

Last year my best friend and I left RCHP early, thinking we could get a head start on the crowds. It's just not going to happen. This year, definitely staying until the end of the last set, taking our time leaving to take it all in, and having a few drinks in the parking lot until traffic dies down.

Sorry if this is dumb but just to clarify I can bring in food and drinks/alcohol if I am car camping?

If someone tries to tap and blow, tell them to forget the tap part.
    HAHAHAHA YESSSS!!!! GPS YOU WIN AT FORUM YET AGAIN. I'm afraid that might have to be sigg'd
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

Quote Originally Posted by cstewie253 View Post
    Sorry if this is dumb but just to clarify I can bring in food and drinks/alcohol if I am car camping?
    yes...just to the camp area ...not into the music area

I'm honored to be included in the list of helpful advice. Basic advice for everyone: don't be an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )