Thread: Tips that noone asked for, which may help someone (or not)

Default Tips that noone asked for, which may help someone (or not)

A myspace pal is going for the first time this year and asked for some tips.
    I know we already have a thread or two like this, but I figure theres no harm in pasting what I wrote to her, as it may help somebody passing through here.

If ya know all this stuff already, please disregard. Or feel free to add what I may have missed.

Heres some stuff off the top of me dome...

• SPF 30 or higher. No joke.

• Straw cowboy hats are passé, but they keep the sun back

• On the way to the festival, theres a gas station on your right right before you turn left into the grounds. Stop there and make sure everyone gets a bottle of water thats at least 1 liter. You may be in the line to get in for a long time and you will really wish you had that water.

• Gum. Seriously. The act of chewing releases saliva and keeps you from getting a dry mouth.

• Comfy shoes. Comfiest you have. Brown or black if you have them. White will be dirty by the middle of the first day.

• Vitamins, power bars, etc. The grounds are a huge, huge place and I can <b>guarantee</b> you that you will be hustling around from stage to stage to catch acts you want to see.

• Dont get too stuck on trying to see full sets. Coachella is more of a buffet. Go in with that mindset and you will have a much greater experience than if you try to hard to see everything from the acts you want to see. Plus alot of the fun in it is stumbling onto acts you might never have heard before.

• Chapstik. Word.

• Water. Water. Water. At $2 a bottle, budget at least $20 per day for water. You should put another $10 in the Churro budget too.

• Jamba Juice. If youre staying in Palm Springs, get a smoothie at breakfast downtown there. Good to have the extra power.

• Sunglasses like a mummyfudger. Duh.

• If you want to get close to a stage, the dumbest thing you can do is to try to go in straight on thru the crowd. Go down the right or left sides of the crowd and cut into it diagonally. Never had trouble getting close to a stage I wanted.

• The Sahara Tent - I love to dance, but I have alot of friends that dont. Even if you dont, check out the Sahara tent. You might be surprised at how much you get into it.

• WATCH THE COACHELLA DVD. While it isnt perfect, it catches the tone of the fest quite well I think.

• Look for Danny Devito. Everyone runs into him there and he really is as awesome as they say. Nicest dude ever.

• Unless your favorite band ever is doing one, avoid the Virgin Store autograph signings. It will take a ton of time out of your day and do you really want to walk around all day trying to protect an autographed whatever?

• Art - tons of brilliant art around the site. Take your time to check it out.

• The TESLA COIL! Goes off after dark. DO NOT MISS! Video of tesla coil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV1Zg...8E8A82&index=4

• Churros, churros, churros.

• Sign up for the mobile alerts. Often surprise acts (Beck in 04, etc) will ONLY be announced that way.

Think that covers it.

There are 5 tents total. These pix will give you an idea of the scope of the grounds...

Default Re: Tips that noone asked for, which may help someone (or not)

Are the drinking fountains inside really so inaccessible that you need to budget 20 bucks for water?

They are no so good. Kinda warm, hard to find and possibly covered in Ebola.

Beck in 04 was accidentally announced when the set times were released, NOT just on the mobile alerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Ooops. My bad.

How does one sign up for said mobile alerts?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    How does one sign up for said mobile alerts?
    Go to the main Coachella page and look under news or updates....
    Someone should jam a panda up his peehole.
    Fuck Tiesto and his overblown schtick.

those things got super annoying in 05.

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    those things got super annoying in 05.
    Yea, It killed my phone both days. SUPER annoying. And my phone would not let me reply to that number to stop them. I will not be signing up this year....
    Someone should jam a panda up his peehole.
    Fuck Tiesto and his overblown schtick.

I didn't even get any mobil alerts in 05 until the day after the fest. But then I got like 20 all at once.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!