Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we all just be grateful we made it through another year without Imagine Dragons?

Default Re: Can we all just be grateful we made it through another year without Imagine Drago

This is how I imagine Drago:

first this:

then it morphs into this:

Default Re: Can we all just be grateful we made it through another year without Imagine Drago

It is always good to celebrate the little victories.

I too support this thread

there is a friend of my girlfriend's who keeps bragging her bf bought her imagine dragons tickets. i give her that "im actually pooping" smile.
    yet every time, she forgets, and tells us again. she either has early-20's-onset alzheimer's or she's retarded. i guess either would explain the love/excitement for deliberately seeing that band.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    there is a friend of my girlfriend's who keeps bragging her bf bought her imagine dragons tickets. i give her that "im actually pooping" smile.
    yet every time, she forgets, and tells us again. she either has early-20's-onset alzheimer's or she's retarded. i guess either would explain the love/excitement for deliberately seeing that band.
    I have a friend who lives in Scottland and went to the T in the Park fest. At a festival with Kraftwerk, MBV, Richie Hawtin, etc... him and his wife came back and bragged about seeing Imagine Dragons and Mumford And Sons. What a freakin waste.

I'm not sure they'll ever play Coachella.

They're already getting billed above Beck at FireFly and doing an arena tour this spring. Would have to think if they're on the poster in 2015 or 2016 with a new album, they'd have to get top 2-4 billing even if they aren't headlining, and I think GV won't do that. Even if this year had a ton of questionably high radio rock billings, they were name 5 or below.

At least I hope so.

They'll probably subheadline next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I have a friend who lives in Scottland and went to the T in the Park fest. At a festival with Kraftwerk, MBV, Richie Hawtin, etc... him and his wife came back and bragged about seeing Imagine Dragons and Mumford And Sons. What a freakin waste.
    people in the uk love that mumford crap

Hate on ID all you want, their performance with Kendrick was pretty badass.

Wasn't expecting that at all. Good stuff. Felt bad for Kendrick at the end but RAM was a hell of a record and Daft Punk deserved it.

Lol at Macklemore winning so many awards, what a travesty.

Don't like them, but that Kendrick duo was fucking awesome. Mainly because of Kendrick, but still...
    '10 '11 '12 '13 '14

Any shit that Kendrick touches turns to gold. He could rap over the sound of a chainsaw and it would still sound awesome.

I threw up everytime Macklemore beat Kendrick for a Grammy.

Maybe you guys could all keep an open mind until you actually see them live. I saw them three times before all the hype started. They're good musicians, the front man is very engaging, and they know how to work a crowd. I have a feeling if you could get into the pit to see them at the main stage, you might just be converted. Plus, if they play there, Nico Vega is bound to also (The singers of both bands are married). And Nico Vega writes amazing music (Much less pop than ID). And I know they're going to try to write more songs that grow on you more than hit you right out of the box in the future. Come on! I didn't like Phoenix, but their show was cool. Add James, Blur, Dropkick Murphys, Black Lips, and many more to that list. Keep an open mind people.
    Friday (Slow Start): Broken Bells - AFI - Dum Dum Girls - The Afghan Whigs - The Cult - MS MR - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Title Fight - Grouplove
    Saturday(Screwed!): MGMT - White Lies - Muse - QOTSA - Cage the Elephant - Pet Shop Boys - Sleigh Bells - Temples - Warpaint - Foster the People - Lorde - Mogwai - Capital Cities - Bear Hands - The Naked & Famous
    Sunday(Good Night and Good Luck): Arcade Fire - Beck - Beady Eye - Lana Del Rey - The Toy Dolls - Laurent Garnier

fuck off.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

At least Macklemore acknowledged that Kendrick should have won.

Guys open your minds.

Radio active, radio active.

That Grammy performance with Kendrick was pretty killer though.

"Radioactive" has now been on the Billboard charts for a record-setting 77 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Welcome to the new age...
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by YzermaNeely View Post
    Maybe you guys could all keep an open mind until you actually see them live. I saw them three times before all the hype started. They're good musicians, the front man is very engaging, and they know how to work a crowd. I have a feeling if you could get into the pit to see them at the main stage, you might just be converted. Plus, if they play there, Nico Vega is bound to also (The singers of both bands are married). And Nico Vega writes amazing music (Much less pop than ID). And I know they're going to try to write more songs that grow on you more than hit you right out of the box in the future. Come on! I didn't like Phoenix, but their show was cool. Add James, Blur, Dropkick Murphys, Black Lips, and many more to that list. Keep an open mind people.
    Imagine Dragons is this generation's Nickelback.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

i believe in strength in numbers, so i'll join everyone and say thank god. i don't know if gv made a wise decision or some other factor came into play but either way we'll take it as a win. i was beginning to think and band labeled 'indie' that got radio play would get billed.

i endured an entire song by imagine dragons on snl last weekend. i kept getting a linkin park vibe from them. make me a little sick to my stomach.

Silly thread. Yes, this band is rubbish, but a crap booking like this would mean fewer conflicts. But I guess there are enough of those this year already.

Terrible idea: book more bad acts so there are less conflicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Goodness, I've forgotten how aggressive you all are. That's not quite what I said, but nvm.

God, Mitch. Stop being such a bully.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    Hate on ID all you want, their performance with Kendrick was pretty badass.
    They added nothing to Kendrick. In fact, they took away from his performance.