Thread: Galantis

Default Galantis

Other than this one single, I'm having a hard time finding stuff on these guys. It's Christian Karlsson of Miike Snow, and Linus Eklow aka Style Of Eye.

I'm hoping for a good mix of Style of Eye and the Miike Snow dj sets. Probably one of the most exciting unknowns for me at the moment. Anyone have any other releases from these guys?

Default Re: Galantis

That's apparently about all they've released so far. I was interested in hearing this one, but it's a little too Bon Iver for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurbang View Post
    That's apparently about all they've released so far. I was interested in hearing this one, but it's a little too Bon Iver for me.
    Haha yeah I can see that. I'm hoping that with only 1 release it'll just be mostly tracks from their respective side projects.

I've actually been following them for a while now... They're featured on A-Trak's "Jumbo"... Check out "Raveheart" and "Tank" too

I dig those other tracks! Definitely more excited for this now. Thanks for the extra info!

I'm real curious about these guys. Seems like they could throw down a pretty awesome set. Hope I can catch them.

Preview to their new track.. This has potential to be big!

Here you go.

NSFW

No youtube of it but click the damn link. This is a very cool video. http://noisey.vice.com/music-video-p...irectors-cut-1
    Last edited by vogina; 02-18-2014 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Real excited for this set. I hope the live show is more than a DJ set.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Beyond excited for their set. I'm loving every single they've put out so far.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

NOPE
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Last edited by grind; 03-27-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Can't really get on board with these guys. Sounds like some stuff I would have dug back in 2011, but not so much anymore
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Their new 6 song EP was released today.
    Listening to it now and its sounds like a fun daytime Sahara set.

I'll probably go catch it if nothing else is on

For all the lazy people: https://soundcloud.com/wearegalantis/sets/galantis-ep-1

Definitely would be a fun daytime set.

Really enjoying the EP. Smile & You are very infectious tracks.
    crab fries

Hi,

If you were the person with the pole with the black cat astronaut that’s eyes lit up, please IM me.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

So I ended up seeing Galantis weekend two on a whim. Originally was going to see Sleigh Bells after Fatboy Slim but I looked at their crowd at the outdoor and decided to see what was up with these guys instead. Got to say it was a decision that completely altered the course of my weekend.

I was there by myself and thats how it stayed through the first part of their set. Then I decided to light up a joint and heard a little voice next to me ask "Oh my god can I hit that?" I looked over to see a very cute girl dancing right next to me. I passed her the joint and by the time it burned out neither of us were alone anymore. We went from Galantis to Pharrell to Muse then Nas and finally back to the house she was staying at.

Have to say Galantis' set could only be described as "plur as fuck." Their music makes you feel like everyone there is a part of something bigger. The lyrics to "You" and "Smile" should make me vomit but god damn the way those songs make you feel was perfect.

So glad they ended up in the Gobi as opposed to the Sahara. The bro crowd was missing from this set. It was just plur motherfuckers enjoying the moment. I remembered why I got into electronic music in the first place. No other type of music can create that kind of atmosphere at a show, and Galantis nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by jreynolds6 View Post
    So I ended up seeing Galantis weekend two on a whim. Originally was going to see Sleigh Bells after Fatboy Slim but I looked at their crowd at the outdoor and decided to see what was up with these guys instead. Got to say it was a decision that completely altered the course of my weekend.

I was there by myself and thats how it stayed through the first part of their set. Then I decided to light up a joint and heard a little voice next to me ask "Oh my god can I hit that?" I looked over to see a very cute girl dancing right next to me. I passed her the joint and by the time it burned out neither of us were alone anymore. We went from Galantis to Pharrell to Muse then Nas and finally back to the house she was staying at.

Have to say Galantis' set could only be described as "plur as fuck." Their music makes you feel like everyone there is a part of something bigger. The lyrics to "You" and "Smile" should make me vomit but god damn the way those songs make you feel was perfect.

So glad they ended up in the Gobi as opposed to the Sahara. The bro crowd was missing from this set. It was just plur motherfuckers enjoying the moment. I remembered why I got into electronic music in the first place. No other type of music can create that kind of atmosphere at a show, and Galantis nailed it.
    ^^ all of this.

saw them again this past friday at the el rey. so much fun.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jreynolds6 View Post

<3333333
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.