Thread: Is the campground still the party?

Default Is the campground still the party?

What up Week 2!

I was not able to make it to last years festival but I will be back with a vengeance this year! However I had a question - what is the party situation like in the campgrounds these days? I remember the last year I was there (Dre, Snoop, Tupac(sorta)) they were supposed to have a silent disco but it was not broadcasting properly/too loud and it could not happen.

Is the roller rink still a big dance floor? Are the swings still the place to be at night in the campsite?

I loved these campground after parties but for some reason I thought Indio was holding this down in response to all the noise 'issues'?

Thanks! And fuck all the DP lovers. They are not coming, get over it.

Default Re: Is the campground still the party?

go away ...
    Please close thread ...
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Did I miss something? I feel this thread is about to spiral out of control (like all the other jacked threads) but someone please answer

too many factors to consider & it's subjective anyways. watch some youtube vids maybe? the majority of people here will just bitch, moan or troll the lurkers. sounds like you've camped here before so you already know what to expect, the rest is up to you. imo, camping is 33% of the coachella experience & it gets better every year.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

The party scene is as follows...Hollywood money rent out huge houses and hold pool parties. They then stroll onto the fields about 5pm and meander around the VIP beer garden. The rest of the 99%er's have been over ran by frat bros and prude "hoes;" Hipsters seem to be dying off due to these douche bags...Don't be surprised if Justin Bieber makes it out there this year...This is part truth, part speculation due to the way things have been going the last few years....

I know what you are saying about the Bieber comment...I could see that slow transformation over the past few years. Prude hoes need to stay home...Coachella only likes bitches that put out.

How about after the festival ends though? Is the roller derby still a thing?

I camped on-site last year after many years of condos, houses, hotels, Lake Cahuilla, etc. The party in the campgrounds after the shows wasn't all that exciting. Seems like a lot of people hit the hay pretty early.

I've camped the past 2 years and found that 2013 camping environment drastically improved from 2012. The silent disco was bigger and better, had no issues with headphones much like in 2012. I have also noticed that not everybody in the campgrounds parties into the night and lots of people do pass-out after the last set of the night. But there still is a large number of people partying at the disco or just at their campground with new friends who go hard into the night.
    12wk2, 13wk2

They switch stuff every year man. There hasn't been the swings or roller rink since you last went but there's been other stuff. Last year they had a huge dome thing set up in lot 10 (I think it was 10 anyway) where they were playing music each night (not silent disco status either). The campground are always the place to party, regardless of what things coachella has set up

Campground was better with the swings and roller rink . Silent disco gets boring and the dj usually sucks
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

You should probably just bring in huge speakers and play shitty dubstep all night. Then I'll feel justified when I put a cinderblock through your window.

Lol yeah let's have a riot zone where we smash stuff
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

I do not like dubstep, nor would I be the camper to set up the speakers. I just enjoyed being able to meet fellow campers at the swings/derby after the show in the past and the last time I went that was not there, which was shitty.

Thanks for the replies, here is to hoping they have set up something to do after the festival (that is not a silent DJ).

And everyone reading this...take a moment, imagine the moment...feel the moment..OutKast getting ready to take on the polo fields, dropping Rosa Parks....mmmmmm soo much goodness. How could you not keep partying after a set like that?

Quote Originally Posted by mikush14 View Post
    Did I miss something? I feel this thread is about to spiral out of control (like all the other jacked threads) but someone please answer
    No you didn't. I swear every thread there's always a "to good for this" reply. Those people prob don't even go to Coachella.
    The Campgrounds last year were off the hook. We had a Sandstorm it was EPIC