Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia Tech

old school

Default Re: Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    YOURE NOT COMPHISCATING MY GUNS YOU FUCKING FASHIST!!
    No shit, thats how Nazi Germany started out.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    listen quote stand by me all you want - the fact is no one knew exactly what was going down for a couple hours - I don't see how they could've reacted - any better at the time - ahead of time - now thats a different story.
    How about guarding the fucking doors? You're mentally intarded. Fucking fashists.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Your brand of common sense is fortunately less common.
    The fact that they didn't know the extent of the situation is the exact reason to get everyone home. This is not pure hindsighting. It's common sense. If you're the authorities you want to put civilians in their homes where they are safest and you can communicate quickly with them.

before blowing your top just think about whether 30 kids would have been killed if they were sent home hours before they were killed. Would some be killed? perhaps, but you can't kill 30 people in minutes unless they're all clueless and caught together.
    um - jackass - you don't know that at the time! thats the point - its easy to say that now.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Thats what I was trying to get across. Who's to say 30 wouldn't have turned into 60 - the point is no one knew where the shooter was - how many there were, etc...

2 1/2 hours would go by very quick for those not involved directly - its soooo easy for us to get on here and say we'd do thing differently - palease.

2 1/2 hours is an eternity after someone's already been killed. You're the moron who's spitting at everyone else for speculating how else this could have been handled when your method got 30 people killed.

moron.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-16-2007 at 11:03 AM.

the policy in situations like this is to make everyone stay put or move people to "safe zones".
    at any campus, be it college or highschool.
    this seems like a "fucked-if-you-do, fucked-if-you-don't" situation for the school.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems like school shootings is part of a fringe trend in American pop culture.
    Eh, I agree to an extent. Maybe not the words I would have chosen. Unfortunately I don't see things getting better. GOD WHY COULDN'T EVERYONE IN THE WORLD JUST EXPERIENCE COACHELLA AND REALIZE THAT LIFE IS WORTH LIVING

um - jackass - you don't know that at the time! thats the point - its easy to say that now.
    I said it was NOT pure hindsighting, I was speaking about what sensible authorities should do even before knowing what was going to happen later. Then you brilliantly point out what I didn't know at the time.

Jesus you're like a hyper mouse in a cage. Get a grip, douche

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    No shit, thats how Nazi Germany started out.
    That's a very dumb thing to say. Nazi Germany did not start that way at all. Since when was the German government shooting its own citizens to gain power for the Nazi party?

Sure, guns should not be outlawed, but there should more strict restrictions as to who can buy one. In terms of a government take-over, or invasion, then a militia would be the answer for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    if you have any pshychiatric disorders such as bipolar disorder or such you shouldn't be able to own or purchase.
    Fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    the policy in situations like this is to make everyone stay put or move people to "safe zones".
    at any campus, be it college or highschool.
    this seems like a "fucked-if-you-do, fucked-if-you-don't" situation for the school.
    yes exactly
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Eh, I agree to an extent. Maybe not the words I would have chosen. Unfortunately I don't see things getting better. GOD WHY COULDN'T EVERYONE IN THE WORLD JUST EXPERIENCE COACHELLA AND REALIZE THAT LIFE IS WORTH LIVING
    Amen to that.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Banned

you people need to calm the fuck down.

you can't kill 30 people in minutes unless they're all clueless and caught together.
    If the killer is walking around with 2 9mm's then it isn't difficult to kill 30 unarmed defenseless people in a short space of time.

I've got to say keeping people inside was probably a better idea.

There's what 26k students at VT?

Can you imagine trying to co-ordinate an evacuation of even half that amount?

Then add the fact that the police don't have a description of the shooter, trying to find him becomes a needle in a haystack.

Obviously it becomes easier to find the killer if the rest of students are inside a classroom.
    Monkey with a miniature cymbal...

I said it was NOT pure hindsighting, I was speaking about what sensible authorities should do even before knowing what was going to happen later. Then you brilliantly point out what I didn't know at the time.

Jesus you're like a hyper mouse in a cage. Get a grip, douche
    mouse in a cage? thats rich cuz you must live in a fucking box - youre the one whos questioning facts they are reporting about this being the deadliest shooting - cmon I'm just saying there are more sides to this in the point the finger at the police one that you keep spouting off about. Its a tragic situation - and nothing you could have planned DURING the events could've changed that.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    That's a very dumb thing to say. Nazi Germany did not start that way at all. Since when was the German government shooting its own citizens to gain power for the Nazi party?

Sure, guns should not be outlawed, but there should more strict restrictions as to who can buy one. In terms of a government take-over, or invasion, then a militia would be the answer for that.
    I'm not agreeing with shoegazr in general, but he's right about nazi germany. One of their first official acts after taking power was taking guns away from citizens. That's been the first move of just abot every major dictator in history

Quote Originally Posted by Disco! View Post
    If the killer is walking around with 2 9mm's then it isn't difficult to kill 30 unarmed defenseless people in a short space of time.

Then add the fact that the police don't have a description of the shooter, trying to find him becomes a needle in a haystack.

Obviously it becomes easier to find the killer if the rest of students are inside a classroom.
    You have a good point, but it's not good if they aren't even looking for the killer in the classrooms. I mean, that guy got in through the doors to one of the halls and chained it. You would think there was at least 2 police officers or school guards nearby those doors. Seeing some jack ass putting a chain on them is enough time to shoot him or swarm him.

old school

[QUOTE=amyzzz;148114]Fuck you.[/QUOTE

O.K. fuck me. That's a brash statement but they should at least have to under go some kind of evaluation before hand.

There's what 26k students at VT? (I think there are 30k)

read above jackstraw.
    The Glitter Freeze

so you think a guy even with 2 guns can run around and slay 30 people when they're all spread out or in their homes, or even walking around? Are these deaf retards you're speaking of?

Here's the email from the school administration:

At 9:26 (mind you the first shooting was at 7:15):
    A shooting incident occurred at West Amber Johnston earlier this morning. Police are on the scene and are investigating.

The university community is urged to be cautious and are asked to contact Virginia Tech Police if you observe anything suspicious or with information on the case. Contact Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411

Stay attuned to the www.vt.edu. We will post as soon as we have more information.

Second email at 9:50:
    A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows

At 10:52 there was another "stay in the buildings, everything's closed" email.
    Monkey with a miniature cymbal...

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Guns are legal to own in this country, yet marijuana is illegal. There's some fucked up value system right there...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

I always thought that guns should be sold at Police Stations. A criminal, even if he isn't known as one yet, would be a lot less likely to walk into a Police Station to try and buy a gun rather than some guy who wants to go hunting or protect his family. Also if a serial number is etched inside the gun rather than outside the gun it would be alot harder to get rid of it for tracking purposes. AND, if some guy wants to buy guns to sell to criminals it would be alot easier to track him down and could prevent him from selling the guns to such criminals. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by shotglass75; 04-16-2007 at 11:12 AM.

old school

Its a proven fact that one of Hitler's first operations was to strip Jewish people & the citizens of Germany of thier firearms.

I'm not agreeing with shoegazr in general, but he's right about nazi germany. One of their first official acts after taking power was taking guns away from citizens. That's been the first move of just abot every major dictator in history
    They help Nazi Germany from losing power from Germans, but Nazi Germany came to power due to lack of information to its citizens. It was because of Hitler presenting psuedo-scientific "facts' about the Jews, and some fake religious destiny about a super race.

I'm just saying there are more sides to this in the point the finger at the police one that you keep spouting off about.
    How about this novel idea:

If we're pointing a finger, let's point it at the ASSHOLE WHO SHOT PEOPLE.

What everyone else did, they thought was for the best. While I'm still completely appalled by the lack of security, nobody is REALLY to blame but the gunman.

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    Guns are legal to own in this country, yet marijuana is illegal. There's some fucked up value system right there...
    amen to that brother!!!! and when was the last time you got stoned and wanted to go shoot a gun anyways

someone can kill more than 30 if they are out in the open.
    it becomes a hunting session and no one wants that.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

mouse in a cage? thats rich cuz you must live in a fucking box - youre the one whos questioning facts they are reporting about this being the deadliest shooting - cmon I'm just saying there are more sides to this in the point the finger at the police one that you keep spouting off about. Its a tragic situation - and nothing you could have planned DURING the events could've changed that.
    You're braindead. Nothing that could have been planned in 2 1/2 hours could have changed what eventually happened? I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to humor you.

Who said I'm questioning facts? When I asked the question the news was still breaking and CNN and several other sites I checked still said school shooting and I was asking for a source. Instead you just quoted yourself. fucking brilliant. Get a clue.

so you think a guy even with 2 guns can run around and slay 30 people when they're all spread out or in their homes, or even walking around? Are these deaf retards you're speaking of?
    no these people are already dead, because the situation dictates that. having them move from wherre they were could have been more severe - the protocol set in place for swat and police alike is one to lessen human casuality - is it 100% fool proof - NO. Is it the polices fault for following PROVEN past protcol - NO. Police do things certain ways - thats the way it works. Not everythingis black and white however, thats when stuff like this goes down.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 04-16-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

i am staying out of the gun debate .. everyone who knows me, knows how strongly i feel about that ... something that has bugged me for years though, an ex girlfriend of mine (part of the reason she is my ex) lives in the bay area ... it was only a couple of months after the school shooting here in colorado, and she says to me "can't you heyseeds get over that by now, it's old news" ... this will affect VA, for years to come ... cr*****