Thread: SLChella 2014 Caravan/Carpool weekend 1

Default SLChella 2014 Caravan/Carpool weekend 1

hay guyz! anyone from SLC going to coachella weekend 1 this year? i'm hoping to get a caravan going and i also have room for one person in my car if anyone needs a ride. just chip in fo gas is all i ask. let me know if anyone is interested. we will be departing SLC on wednesday evening april 9 and returning early monday morning april 14 (that's when i'll be leaving. anyone else not riding with me is obviously free to head back home at any time). we are also hoping to meet up with the vegas caravan and mob deep, but that all depends on what time they plan to depart. we will stop at the ralph's just before the polo field to gather food and drinks. i would like to get into the polo field by no later than 4pm. please see the itinerary below..

meeting place: southtowne mall parking lot, across from the village idiot, sandy (106th south)
    meeting time: 7:30-8:30pm MST

ETD SLC: 11:30pm MST
    ETA vegas: 4:00am PST
    ETD vegas: 5:30am PST
    ETA indio: 12:00pm PST

** all times subject to change, but not too much.
    Last edited by najahed; 02-17-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Default Re: SLChella 2014 Caravan/Carpool weekend 1

My Wife and I are coming from St.George. Caravan it?

fo sho! if we depart from SLC on schedule then we should get to st. george by 11:30pm. just tell me at what exit we should meet.

i got room for one person only, cuz my car will be packed with camping gear. if anybody needs a ride let me know.

pitch in for gas. i accept cash or molly.

Is anyone going to weekend 2?

still got room for one person to carpool, but i may not have any more room in my camp spot. that's still tentative.

I might be interested. Buddy of mine ran into some financial issues and may not be able to make it. I wont have a drivers license again by then so I can't help out on driving unfortunately but I can go in on gas/alky/food & am a half decent cook. I also have two canopies for shade, a fold out table and a portable cooktop. Don't know if you need anything but I have a bunch to share if needed. Also, if my friend can't do the trip this year I'll have an extra car-camping pass for anyone who may need one.

If you find someone before im able to figure everything out dont hesitate to give them the spot. I'll know pretty soon what's all goin' on and will keep my eyes on this thread.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

and i hope just posting this link here works but there's a 2014 slc coachella group. We should all mingle yo! haha

https://www.facebook.com/groups/624085820974316/
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

awesome man, thanks i'll check out that link. i'll let you know if i find someone to carpool with me but so far nobody has asked about it.

I plan to meet my camping crew at Ralph's around 10am, so I don't know if I'll be in on the caravan, but I also have room for one in my ride wk 1 if anyone needs it. I am picking up Taylor in St. George to camp in our group, and then picking up an Alaskan girl post-fest on the way back. And I'm totally into mingling with any Salt Lakers on the board, or music lovers in general. I have listening parties every once in a while at my place. Y'all can come over for brews and tunes some time.

fo sho. sounds like it would be a great time. lemme know when. i live downtown.

if anyone wants to join the utah carpoolchella group on facebook, please go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624085820974316/

the ETD/ETA from SLC will be changing to coincide with another group. i'm also trying to see if any peeps from vegas want to meet up and mob down with us.

I've ended up being the only one going and would love to carpool. Has anyone taken the spot?