Thread: Capital Cities

Default Capital Cities

These guys blew my mind at Life is Beautiful, stoked to see them again. The trumpet player is an absolute stud.

Default Re: Capital Cities

Will Andre 3000 enjoy being back on stage so much that he appears for Farah Fawcett's Hair? A boy can dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    We've found it. We've found the worst post on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegleberry View Post
    Will Andre 3000 enjoy being back on stage so much that he appears for Farah Fawcett's Hair? A boy can dream...
    Shit I didn't even think about that, would be awesome.

I think over-all this will be a fun set.

Digging this. A lot actually
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

I might check them out barring conflict. They have some catchy music that could translate into stupid fun live.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Saw them at Kroq Xmas and I thought they were fucking awful. The main guy presses a recorded track, dances around and pretends he is playing keyboard. More like a hipster wannabe Cut Copy, although the Trumpet player is amazing.
    Last edited by Justin170; 01-09-2014 at 08:26 PM.

They put on a good show, the trumpet player is legit, but most important....they get the ladies wet

So I keep seeing this Mazda commercial, with Bruce Lee at the beginning, and it's got this really catchy song and I looked into what the song was and found out it's these guys. Perhaps that will be worthwhile info to somebody, or maybe everybody already knew that already. Anyway here's the song...

and PS that trumpeter does seem pretty legit. i watched some of the live video posted by the OP and it's not terrible. the trumpet is cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

They put on a fantastic live show. If you like their music at all, I'd definitely check out their set. Tons of fun, tons of energy!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Saw them at Kroq Xmas and I thought they were fucking awful. The main guy presses a recorded track, dances around and pretends he is playing keyboard. More like a hipster wannabe Cut Copy, although the Trumpet player is amazing.
    This is exactly what I saw at North Coast last year. Other than the trumpet player it was prerecorded bull shit and it was very easy to tell when they cut their music off to evacuate the crowd due to weather. To those who are looking to just have fun and dance I'm sure they will get what they want, and I'm sure that's all anyone would want from a group like this.

Not gonna lie, kind of excited to check them out. Seems like their music translates pretty well live from those videos
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Saw them at the Greek open for Two Door Cinema Club and they were great--tons of energy and had everyone groovin, not just the 16 year old girls. Trumpet dude is on point. Also the 1% chance that 3 Stacks comes out for Farrah Fawcett Hair would throw the place into a frenzy. They didn't play this S&S remix at that Greek show, but I could definitely see them playing it at Coachella (a la GuyInTuscon's stupid fun). Not sure where they would play, but I'm hoping around 5pm Mojave.

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Had the opportunity to see this band for free and didn't. Not thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-financial View Post
    This is exactly what I saw at North Coast last year. Other than the trumpet player it was prerecorded bull shit and it was very easy to tell when they cut their music off to evacuate the crowd due to weather. To those who are looking to just have fun and dance I'm sure they will get what they want, and I'm sure that's all anyone would want from a group like this.
    Can anyone help get the sand out of these two's vagina's?

Admittedly, I've only heard the single, but this seems like the most egregious booking of the weekend.

Safe and Sound isn't a bad song - it's catchy and unoffensive, so I don't mind when it pops up in those Mazda commercials. But every time I hear it, I just hear a couple of execs at a music label going "We really oughta sign someone that sounds like Oracular Spectacular!"

And that doesn't even bother me that much, but considering we already have two other bands that sound like that execs trying to sign another MGMT (Grouplove and the Naked and the Famous) in addition to the actual MGMT, this just seems like a total waste of money from GV. Did they really need another band that sounded like this? That money couldn't have been better spent on a rarer act, instead of just heaping on another Top 40 act in a lineup already Top 40-heavy?

At best, Capital Cities' booking is totally redundant.
    ayyo check out some of my Coachella 2013 pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedestr...7623900536594/

They had a short set at 94.7 Electric Christmas here in Sac, only about 30 minutes, but it was fantastic. Even threw in a couple of covers, and the trumpet player is awesome.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Admittedly, I've only heard the single, but this seems like the most egregious booking of the weekend.

Safe and Sound isn't a bad song - it's catchy and unoffensive, so I don't mind when it pops up in those Mazda commercials. But every time I hear it, I just hear a couple of execs at a music label going "We really oughta sign someone that sounds like Oracular Spectacular!"

And that doesn't even bother me that much, but considering we already have two other bands that sound like that execs trying to sign another MGMT (Grouplove and the Naked and the Famous) in addition to the actual MGMT, this just seems like a total waste of money from GV. Did they really need another band that sounded like this? That money couldn't have been better spent on a rarer act, instead of just heaping on another Top 40 act in a lineup already Top 40-heavy?

They are nothing like MGMT...at all. Neither are Grouplove or The Naked and Famous.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-24-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post

Their set will probably be packed so I can see why they would book them. And they are not like any of the bands you mentioned at all.

I want to hate these guys and their single...but every time i hear it I can't help but bob my head and smile. It's fucking catchy as hell.

Your video looks like some good old fashioned stupid midday fun to me. I'll be there. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by semery526 View Post
    Saw them at the Greek open for Two Door Cinema Club and they were great--tons of energy and had everyone groovin, not just the 16 year old girls. Trumpet dude is on point. Also the 1% chance that 3 Stacks comes out for Farrah Fawcett Hair would throw the place into a frenzy. They didn't play this S&S remix at that Greek show, but I could definitely see them playing it at Coachella (a la GuyInTuscon's stupid fun). Not sure where they would play, but I'm hoping around 5pm Mojave.

"Safe and Sound" is the worst song I have heard by them and it's easily one of the most annoying songs that I hear constantly played today. The rest of their album, however, was surprisingly good and I still like "Kangaroo Court".

Playing their album over the speakers at work rn, sounds fun so far.
    crab fries

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    They are nothing like MGMT...at all. Neither are Grouplove or The Naked and Famous.
    Disagree. Certainly they are all their own bands, but to me Capitol Cities, Grouplove and the Naked and the Famous all sound like bands that take huge cues from Oracular Spectacular. I'm not saying they wouldn't exist if they had never heard that album, but I bet they'd sound very different. Or at the very least, they wouldn't have become gotten half as big as they are now without that album's success.
    ayyo check out some of my Coachella 2013 pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedestr...7623900536594/

I think they will be in the really fun but not great music outdoor sunset set.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

I have no doubt they'll be one of the best sets of the weekend.
    Coachella '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11........

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    you asshats seriously need to chill the fuck out with arcade fire and their ability to cure cancer through music. Its giving me a fucking aneurysm