Thread: no hotels already?

Hybrid View

Lurker

Default no hotels already?

I was just looking online for hotels for that weekend and I can't believe that I can't find anything close than Cathedral City that ISNT booked for that weekend or costs $200+ per night. I'm going down with a few friends and we were looking for a hotel somewhere in the $80-$120 per night range because we're on a serious budget, and I'm not finding ANYTHING. Does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know if theres a bus or something from Cathedral City to Coachella so that we wont have to pay huge cab fares each day?

Default Re: no hotels already?

camping 4 nights = $45, no taxi needed, great for anyone on a budget or not
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

Lurker

I was hoping that we could camp but apparently you have to be 18+, and we're going down for my 18th birthday so I'll be the only one whos 18 so my 3 friends wouldn't be able to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_y View Post
    I was just looking online for hotels for that weekend and I can't believe that I can't find anything close than Cathedral City that ISNT booked for that weekend or costs $200+ per night. I'm going down with a few friends and we were looking for a hotel somewhere in the $80-$120 per night range because we're on a serious budget, and I'm not finding ANYTHING. Does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know if theres a bus or something from Cathedral City to Coachella so that we wont have to pay huge cab fares each day?

People have booked hotels since November when the dates were announced.... Thats why you find nothing close.... Camping is the way to go, unless you absolutely need that wall outlet for a hair dryer...

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    People have booked hotels since November when the dates were announced.... Thats why you find nothing close.... Camping is the way to go, unless you absolutely need that wall outlet for a hair dryer...

I looked at my reservation email confirmation. I booked on 5/1/06 - right after I got back from Indio. I am a big dork.

Banned

i booked my room last week and they had plenty just checked and now they are gone!! try the ramada in palm springs thorugh the travelodge website.

Lurker

I checked and its like $260 per night and we can't afford that. I found a room at the Quality Inn in Palm Springs for $150 per night but I have no idea how we'll get from Palm Springs to Coachella...

Banned

we are staying at the westin resort & spa like we did last year. god damn its good to have a hookup.

we are staying at the Miramonte (Indian Wells) its close and good value for money even though its not cheap - they had rooms Monday. Very nice hotel.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I found a motel 6 last night in Palm Springs, $85 a night.
    Granted, it took me 2 hours to find.

I just booked a room for Saturday night 4/28 at Country Inns & Suites in Rancho Mirage for $209.

I actually booked a hotel after all of the maddness last year. I stayed at the Doral Resort in Cathederal City. It was really nice and quite..... Good way to wind down and not have to force yourself back into reality so fast... It was only like $130 a night.

Arrive two weeks early and buy a lot of Lincoln Logs.