Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

^^ Honest advice. Don't use "DJ Mag's Top 100 DJ List" as a reference for any sort of argument you are trying to win
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Just because he's a amassed a following, doesn't mean that he'll remain relevant in the game. Think about it: Kaskade, Laidback Luke, Sander Van Doorn have all been near the top at one point and have seen a big drop in popularity. Garrix isn't even near the top (according to the industry standard, DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs). Dyro, an upcoming DJ, ranked higher than him and has had more hits. Besides, Dyro has the support of greats like Hardwell, something that Garrix doesn't have. Martin Garrix is just hyped from a single sound. I predict that he'll go extinct.
    None of those guys were managed by Scooter Braun and hit the popularity that Martin Garrix has at the age of 17. Also, Kaskade/LBL/SVD hit their peaks back when dance music wasn't as popular in the states. Garrix is hitting his peak during the strongest uprising of dance music in the United States of America and across the globe. Give him around 2-3 more years and he'll be the #1 recognized DJ in the globe. He's got the talent, the looks, and the charisma to become the greatest artist in dance music...and quite possibly....music in general.

Not going to lie...it brings goosebumps to the skin thinking about the success this child has received.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    None of those guys were managed by Scooter Braun and hit the popularity that Martin Garrix has at the age of 17. Also, Kaskade/LBL/SVD hit their peaks back when dance music wasn't as popular in the states. Garrix is hitting his peak during the strongest uprising of dance music in the United States of America and across the globe. Give him around 2-3 more years and he'll be the #1 recognized DJ in the globe. He's got the talent, the looks, and the charisma to become the greatest artist in dance music...and quite possibly....music in general.

Not going to lie...it brings goosebumps to the skin thinking about the success this child has received.

I have goosebumps too, only because this thread is creeping the fuck out of me.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

He's opening himself up to the world of pop music, a place where popularity comes and goes. Dyro at the age of 19 had already released remixes for Katy Perry, Afrojack, and Tiesto. Not to mention he's the protege of the number 1 DJ in the world, Hardwell. I'd take the judgement of the world's number 1 DJ over someone who has very little/no credibility: Scooter Braun. Besides, Beiber is on a road to destruction and peril. I wouldn't be surprised if Braun followed him down the sink.

PS: You can't say Kaskade wasn't peaking when dance music was HUGE in the U.S. He played the Staples Center, wtf. lol

You're probably some EDM hype beast who doesn't know whats up in the actual house music/ progressive scene.

You saying Hardwell reminds me of something.. It IS kind of relieving they half assed the cheese EDM billing this year.. compared to past years, at least. The only person worthy of a main stage slot at EDC, for example, is CalHar. Aint no SHM/Guetta/Afrojack/Avicii/Ingrosso like 2012, nor '13's Knife Party/Benassi/Hardwell/Excision bs.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
    You saying Hardwell reminds me of something.. It IS kind of relieving they half assed the cheese EDM billing this year.. compared to past years, at least. The only person worthy of a main stage slot at EDC, for example, is CalHar. Aint no SHM/Guetta/Afrojack/Avicii/Ingrosso like 2012, nor '13's Knife Party/Benassi/Hardwell/Excision bs.
    What do you mean? There are a few mainstage EDC material DJs. Alesso, Krewella, Skrillex, Calvin Harris, and Martin Garrix.

He will be destined to be just as big as this guy!!!

You're probably some EDM hype beast who doesn't know whats up in the actual house music/ progressive scene.
    Bet dollars to pounds you don't know anything about Global Underground if you claim to cite the "progressive" scene.

Starting in 96 I had the distinct pleasure to throw parties (thats what we called them back then) and I had this vision of a world where DJ's and electronic music live PA's (that's what we called them back then) would sell out stadiums and be a significant component of the music landscape. At the time I was east coast and the scenes I was familiar with where Tampa, Orlando, The Panhandle, Atlanta, NOLA, Birmingham. At that time my dream of stadium shows didn't really come to past (though there were large scale events in many cities, nothing like it is now.

If me then knew what me now knows about what happened to electronic music I would go back and kill the mothers of the "DJ's" that are at the top of the charts today. What happened to a world where it wasn't about if the DJ had "the look" or "charisma" but only if they could actually mix, program and had a unique approach or sound.

My only hope has been some rather kick ass music from folks like Disclosure, some actual talented DJ's that were active back then and even some new DJ's from today that use the technology that has developed in artists way (rather than simply being crutches for a lack of skill)

Lastly, I love that all waves crash and I can bet that 10 years from now these new jersey blow out no talent douche bags will be forgotten (god willing) by history.

Quote Originally Posted by sinclair View Post
    these new jersey blow out no talent douche bags
    Paully D isn't even on the lineup? Haha, Martin Garrix is Eurotrance anyways.

Sorry, for some reason all I can read is

Steaming dog shit isn't even on the lineup? Haha, Steaming dog shit is horse afterbirth anyways

Paully D isn't even on the lineup? Haha, Martin Garrix is Eurotrance anyways.
    Says the guy who keeps jockin' Hardwell and Tiestbro.

People in this thread haven't been around long enough to realize that sonicc has already been exposed as a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    People in this thread haven't been around long enough to realize that sonicc has already been exposed as a troll.
    It's hilarious to see them arguing with him though
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

hey, sonicc, I washed my pussy out just for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Sonicc as always, thank you for the entertainment

i thought sonicc died

i thought sonic c was an electro house producer.

Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    i thought sonicc died
    Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 6.57.26 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    i thought sonicc died
    You were serious.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/5729...nic_C_has_died

Nooooooooooooooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

sonicc and knowyourhouse in probably my favorite troll off ever
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

He's opening himself up to the world of pop music, a place where popularity comes and goes. Dyro at the age of 19 had already released remixes for Katy Perry, Afrojack, and Tiesto. Not to mention he's the protege of the number 1 DJ in the world, Hardwell. I'd take the judgement of the world's number 1 DJ over someone who has very little/no credibility: Scooter Braun. Besides, Beiber is on a road to destruction and peril. I wouldn't be surprised if Braun followed him down the sink.

PS: You can't say Kaskade wasn't peaking when dance music was HUGE in the U.S. He played the Staples Center, wtf. lol
    This dude really knows his House.

why should looks have anything do to with it?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

What's up with a female mezzanine?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

He's playing at the world's largest dance festivals as well, not just opening himself to the world of pop music. Not too many dance artists can accomplish that and with Scooter Braun's management he will do so successfully. Why? BECAUSE HE FUCKING MANAGES THE BIGGEST ARTIST IN THE WORLD. Even if Bieber goes down the drain, he still has the connects with literally every music port in the world. You know how many places he can plug in Martin just because he manages Bieber? Anywhere he fucking wants. Anyone with common sense can figure this out. Saying Hardwell has more credibility than Scooter Braun is just plain ignorant. Also take into consideration this is a co-management deal with Music AllStar/Spinnin as well, which happen to be the strongest management groups in dance music. I'm honestly shaking at the excitement of how well this kid is covered. Crazy stuff...

Hah... I know WAY more than you my man. Your previous post proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinclair View Post
    Starting in 96 I had the distinct pleasure to throw parties (thats what we called them back then) and I had this vision of a world where DJ's and electronic music live PA's (that's what we called them back then) would sell out stadiums and be a significant component of the music landscape. At the time I was east coast and the scenes I was familiar with where Tampa, Orlando, The Panhandle, Atlanta, NOLA, Birmingham. At that time my dream of stadium shows didn't really come to past (though there were large scale events in many cities, nothing like it is now.

If me then knew what me now knows about what happened to electronic music I would go back and kill the mothers of the "DJ's" that are at the top of the charts today. What happened to a world where it wasn't about if the DJ had "the look" or "charisma" but only if they could actually mix, program and had a unique approach or sound.

My only hope has been some rather kick ass music from folks like Disclosure, some actual talented DJ's that were active back then and even some new DJ's from today that use the technology that has developed in artists way (rather than simply being crutches for a lack of skill)

Lastly, I love that all waves crash and I can bet that 10 years from now these new jersey blow out no talent douche bags will be forgotten (god willing) by history.
    Have you even LISTENED to Martin's track "Animals"? It's probably one of the most unique dance tracks out there. After "Animals" so many other people have tried to re-create that sound...it's insane. He's creating dance music that's really next level and that's why he's achieving so much success. I've never seen anyone like it... ESPECIALLY at just 17 years old!

Highly doubt Martin will be gone in 10 years my friend. He's so far ahead of every DJ I'm honestly trembling at the thought of where he will be in 10 years. They are training this kid to become the best and he's surrounded by the best. I guarantee he will be the #1 DJ along with having some Grammys under his belt in no time.