Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

Chumpy Thread

Hey Sonicc, you never gave us that review you promised. Are you still in shock?

Did he play animals?
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Judging the stream, I'm pretty sure the first 20 minutes of his set was Animals, followed by different remixes of Animals. The crowd really are that shit up. Carnivores.

He opened with Animals and that was it thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    He opened with Animals and that was it thank God.
    You say that like it got better in some way after that?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I don't care how much shit I get. That set was fun. Probably my favorite Sahara set of the weekend (Then again, I barely set foot in there). NOTHING like his Ultra set which blew in my opinion. It was a party. Had low expectations and came out very satisfied.

SPEECHLESS. Undoubtedly the BEST set at Coachella 2014.

The beautifully composed intro leading into the best dance track in decades "ANIMALS" LITERALLY sent magic into my spine. When he COMPLETELY surprised us with the Botnek remix of the track, I honestly could not breathe. Martin then followed this masterpiece with his new monster of a track, a collaboration with Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. Once the drop for "Tremor" hit, EVERYONE knew the party was about to begin. Young Garrix proceeded by skillfully mixing into what seemed to be a remix of The xx's "Intro" mashed with Penduluum's "The Island." To be 100% honest I was NOT expecting that and I have been following Martin's sets for a long time. The young 17 year old TRULY created the strongest party at Coachella by mixing Nirvana, Macklemore, Kid Cudi, Blur, Bruno Mars with the INFECTIOUS and UNIQUE sounds he has carefully curated. My personal highlight of the beautiful set was when he threw in Lil Jon's DJ tool for "Put Your Fucking Hands Up" with his BRAND NEW collaboration with DILLON FRANCIS. I put my fucking hands up SO DAMN HIGH I gave Jesus a high five and came back from heaven to continue the dance party. EVERYONE around me at the Sahara had the BIGGEST grin on their face leaving NO DOUBT in my mind that Martin Garrix will be the future of dance music.

Martin Garrix (and Scooter Braun), THANK YOU FOR THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS.

I cant even get mad at ya
    you are soooooooo good lookin

http://www.factmag.com/2014/04/16/fact-mix-436-happa/

Sonicc, this kid is the same age as Garrix yet he's still pushing quality that the awkward little twerp wishes he could produce.
    Dusky @ Kingdom Austin 8/1
    Doc Scott @ It'll Do 8/6
    Roy Davis Jr. @ It'll Do 8/7
    Marcus Intalex @ Green Elephant 8/15
    DJ Red Eye's Birthday Bash with Kevin Saunderson @ It'll Do 8/16
    Hernan Cattaneo b2b Nick Warren and Guy J @ Kingdom Austin 8/31
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22
    Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9
    SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1
    Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8
    Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13

I'm really bummed I missed this for The Replacements. They really should've given Martin Garrix an unopposed slot in the Sahara, so everyone could witness the genius of this prodigy.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

sonicc, what are your thoughts on Aiden Jude? Could he be Martin Garrix's next prodigy?

http://www.edmsauce.com/2014/04/15/a...-first-single/

2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I'm really bummed I missed this for The Replacements. They really should've given Martin Garrix an unopposed slot in the Sahara, so everyone could witness the genius of this prodigy.
    Really tough choices to make all around this year, ya know?

THE FUTURE:

fuckin awesome performance!
    [B]Darthlaker

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post

The beautifully composed intro leading into the best dance track in decades "ANIMALS" LITERALLY sent magic into my spine. When he COMPLETELY surprised us with the Botnek remix of the track, I honestly could not breathe. Martin then followed this masterpiece with his new monster of a track, a collaboration with Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. Once the drop for "Tremor" hit, EVERYONE knew the party was about to begin. Young Garrix proceeded by skillfully mixing into what seemed to be a remix of The xx's "Intro" mashed with Penduluum's "The Island." To be 100% honest I was NOT expecting that and I have been following Martin's sets for a long time. The young 17 year old TRULY created the strongest party at Coachella by mixing Nirvana, Macklemore, Kid Cudi, Blur, Bruno Mars with the INFECTIOUS and UNIQUE sounds he has carefully curated. My personal highlight of the beautiful set was when he threw in Lil Jon's DJ tool for "Put Your Fucking Hands Up" with his BRAND NEW collaboration with DILLON FRANCIS. I put my fucking hands up SO DAMN HIGH I gave Jesus a high five and came back from heaven to continue the dance party. EVERYONE around me at the Sahara had the BIGGEST grin on their face leaving NO DOUBT in my mind that Martin Garrix will be the future of dance music.

Martin Garrix (and Scooter Braun), THANK YOU FOR THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS.
    I need to print this out on photo paper and frame it. Reviews of shitty shows written so spectacularly never fail to give me a good chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    sonicc, what are your thoughts on Aiden Jude? Could he be Martin Garrix's next prodigy?

http://www.edmsauce.com/2014/04/15/a...-first-single/
    That photo makes me cringe so hard. I bet sonicc will be pushing Goldenvoice so hard to have this kid headline next year
    Last edited by Lithium; 04-21-2014 at 02:11 PM.

This. Is. Gold.

Wow these reviews of the show are CRAZY! Really shows how people eat shit up as soon as it goes main stream. I love all kinds of EDM. My group of 12 friends that accompany me to coachella love EDM and I can honestly say that everyone of us was disappointed with Garrix preformance even though going into the festival this was one of the shows that we were all most excited for. Drops were lame, lights were way to bright and gave the Sahara a lame feel. After watching Glitch Mod absolutely kill it with a proper rave set Garrix came out with weak weak tracks. Animals becomes more and more lame every time I listen to it. On the plus side if you had the balls to leave Calvin's show early on main then you just might have caught Big Gigantic put on the best show of the festival.

Haven't been on here since Coachella.. But during Martin Garrix' set, Carnage had a secret set at the Heineken House, which I walked into on pure accident. Carnage had just played the Sahara about 1.5 hours before and was stupid amounts of fucked up. He said "move the f*cking table" about 10x... to no one in particular. Then said "we need some mother*cking drugs and some motherf*cking music" or something like that. He literally said "drugs" about 20x in a 60 second span..
    Then during his set he said "n!gga I am Martin Garrix" "I should play animals for you motherf*ckers"

100% Big Gigantic crushed it!

Quote Originally Posted by greg182 View Post
    Haven't been on here since Coachella.. But during Martin Garrix' set, Carnage had a secret set at the Heineken House, which I walked into on pure accident. Carnage had just played the Sahara about 1.5 hours before and was stupid amounts of fucked up. He said "move the f*cking table" about 10x... to no one in particular. Then said "we need some mother*cking drugs and some motherf*cking music" or something like that. He literally said "drugs" about 20x in a 60 second span..
    Then during his set he said "n!gga I am Martin Garrix" "I should play animals for you motherf*ckers"
    Sounds like set of the weekend.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by greg182 View Post
    Wait. I'm actually really upset I missed this. Sounds hilarious.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

I saw Martin's set weekend 2... it was fun in the beginning. Crowd around me was into it and all high energy, no doucheyness, which was nice. Light/laser show was fun to watch. I wanted to see him just cause I knew he would play some cheesy big-room house/electro which I can have fun just dancing around to sometimes, but my friends and I got seriously bored towards the end of his set. I can only go through so many gimmicky 'drops' and can only be told to "put your f*cking hands up!" or to "make some f*cking noise" so many times before I start to roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AwClark View Post
    I saw Martin's set weekend 2... it was fun in the beginning. Crowd around me was into it and all high energy, no doucheyness, which was nice. Light/laser show was fun to watch. I wanted to see him just cause I knew he would play some cheesy big-room house/electro which I can have fun just dancing around to sometimes, but my friends and I got seriously bored towards the end of his set. I can only go through so many gimmicky 'drops' and can only be told to "put your f*cking hands up!" or to "make some f*cking noise" so many times before I start to roll my eyes.

POWER.

Martin Garrix wasn't even on my coachooser list but went to the sahara because my friend wanted to hear some electronic music. Martin Garrix melted my face!
    [B]Darthlaker

You mean the lights did.

By long time, you mean a year, which is like 5 years in dj time, right?
    Last edited by superfan; 04-30-2014 at 04:19 PM.

SCOOTER BRAUN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!