Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 464

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

  1. #271
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    If anyone wants to slam his style of music, please provide specifics. Don't hash out some hipster "cheese" response or some bullshit, sappy, reminiscent "back in the day" grumble.
    There is the fact that every single Big Room track is exactly the same.....

    Intro--->Awful Synth Lead Breakdown--->Build--->Drop--->The EXACT Same Chord Progression as the Awful Synth Lead Breakdown with some White Noise--->Repeat

    But also......EVERY one of those Awful Synth Leads sounds EXACTLY the same. Regardless if it's Avicii, Hardwell, SHM (etc.), it's all the same song over and over again.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  2. #272

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX


  3. #273
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Perhaps you can articulate what about his music is so appealing. I'm genuinely curious. Specifically, the melody, complexity (or minimalism) of the drums, dynamics used, syncopation, composition, etc. that makes you say "he's the #1 Producer in the world" (aren't you trying to say producer, because you honestly couldn't say he's the #1 DJ by any stretch of the imagination). I don't know his music but I picked the first one that came up on YT, "Spaceman". Maybe that's a good example.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  4. #274

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'll need a bit more than; He's a great producer, has fans, and fucking DJ Mag is continually spitting out bullshit, to show he's the "#1 DJ in the World"

    DJ Mag does not have ultimate authority on the subject.
    lol that's where your wrong stupid. name one other magazine that has had as much influence over an ENTIRE genre rolling stone doesn't count because it's all types of musoc
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I'm going with get high.

  5. #275
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    The #1 DJ in the world (according to DJ Mag).
    ...

  6. #276

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    No but I'm sure there's a forum that discusses the future of the artists you like.

    Popular topics include: "Do you think _____ will be able to pay rent on time?"

    Filled with music connoisseurs, of course.
    You do realize that 2 years from now Martin Garrix will be as relevant to you as Afrojack or Laidback Luke is to you now? He will be #45 on the "hallowed" DJmag top 100 and there will be some other 22 year old big house "dj" who decides to incorporate trumpets in his beats who you will be praising. Its a never ending cycle that kandi kids continue to perpetuate.

    The only reason this kid is popular is because to ravers big house is fun to roll to. Thats the long and short of it.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

  7. #277
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by DruggyFestivalGuy View Post
    lol that's where your wrong stupid. name one other magazine that has had as much influence over an ENTIRE genre rolling stone doesn't count because it's all types of musoc
    So what you're asking is....Which magazine that specializes in ONE genre has had more of an influence on that particular genre?

    Ridiculous...
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  8. #278

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Klaas 2014

  9. #279
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    So what you're asking is....Which magazine that specializes in ONE genre has had more of an influence on that particular genre?

    Ridiculous...
    Well, he's got a point. Can you name one?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  10. #280
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Well, he's got a point. Can you name one?
    What about Rolling Stone?

  11. #281

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    You do realize that 2 years from now Martin Garrix will be as relevant to you as Afrojack or Laidback Luke is to you now? He will be #45 on the "hallowed" DJmag top 100 and there will be some other 22 year old big house "dj" who decides to incorporate trumpets in his beats who you will be praising. Its a never ending cycle that kandi kids continue to perpetuate.

    The only reason this kid is popular is because to ravers big house is fun to roll to. Thats the long and short of it.
    Laidback Luke nor Afrojack are managed by Scooter Braun. Laidback Luke nor Afrojack created "Animals". Your argument is invalid because they are completely different artists. Martin has created a MONSTER track that will be remembered for generations to come. Why? Because it made history.

    There is NO record of any DJ ever being managed by someone who also managed the biggest artist on the planet. The thought of his future brings goosebumps to the skin, so many possibilities...

    The only reason this kid is popular is because big room house is fun to roll to? That's like saying "Led Zepellin" was only popular because their music was fun to drop acid to. Or "Michael Jackson" was only popular because you can dance to his music...
    Last edited by sonicc; 02-06-2014 at 07:05 PM.

  12. #282
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Well, he's got a point. Can you name one?
    My point is how can you compare the "top" magazine for EDM to the "top" magazine for and other genre
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  13. #283
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,843

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Laidback Luke nor Afrojack are managed by Scooter Braun. Laidback Luke nor Afrojack created "Animals". Your argument is invalid because they are completely different artists. Martin has created a MONSTER track that will be remembered for generations to come. Why? Because it made history.

    There is NO record of any DJ ever being managed by someone who also managed the biggest artist on the planet. The thought of his future brings goosebumps to the skin, so many possibilities...

    The only reason this kid is popular is because big room house is fun to roll to? That's like saying "Led Zepellin" was only popular because his music was fun to drop acid to. Or "Michael Jackson" was only popular because you can dance to his music...
    :rollseyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  14. #284

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    :rollseyes:
    If that's the only thing you can point out because I was typing quick then I think I did a good job of proving my point.

  15. #285

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Laidback Luke nor Afrojack are managed by Scooter Braun. Laidback Luke nor Afrojack created "Animals". Your argument is invalid because they are completely different artists. Martin has created a MONSTER track that will be remembered for generations to come. Why? Because it made history.

    There is NO record of any DJ ever being managed by someone who also managed the biggest artist on the planet. The thought of his future brings goosebumps to the skin, so many possibilities...

    The only reason this kid is popular is because big room house is fun to roll to? That's like saying "Led Zepellin" was only popular because their music was fun to drop acid to. Or "Michael Jackson" was only popular because you can dance to his music...
    The fact that you're using Scooter Braun as your defense is laughable to say the least. You are completely missing my point that the next big thing today (i.e. Martin Garrix) will be yesterday's news in 2 years (i.e. Laidback Luke). I understand they arent the same person but very few gimmicky djs stay relevant for very long. And me generalizing big house as rave music is not the same as picking artists who created some of the best music of the last 50 years and saying they were popular because of an objectively assigned stereotype that's not true. Led Zeppelin made music that was in a lot of people record players. Not many people are listening to big house outside of a club.
    Although I don't know why I'm arguing with you, I would encourage you to explore other good edm/techno artists and stay away from Danny Avila like artists. Atm I'm really enjoying gesaffelstein and proxy.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

  16. #286
    Member manalive!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    LISTEN TO SOME PROPER HOUSE MUSIC, YOU CUNTS.

  17. #287

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Not many people are listening to big house outside of a club.
    Are you a fucking troll?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Atm I'm really enjoying gesaffelstein and proxy.
    No, you're a hipster kid who picked up on the mainstream techno artists that constantly tour America and are relentlessly featured on HARD lineups. yawn

    LEARN your house bR0.
    Last edited by knowyourhouse; 02-06-2014 at 10:02 PM.

  18. #288

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post

    LEARN your house bR0.
    The irony in your name is laughable. and wtf are you talking about proxy had only 10 north american tour dates in the last 2 years. Seriously. I take the time to find good music and am suggesting for you to do the same. No need to get defensive over your ignorance.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

  19. #289

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    The irony in your name is laughable. and wtf are you talking about proxy had only 10 north american tour dates in the last 2 years. Seriously. I take the time to find good music and am suggesting for you to do the same. No need to get defensive over your ignorance.
    Proxy was at EDC recently and Gesaffelstein blew up and has been on every festival lineup these past two years. The fact that you're suggesting these two mainstream techno artists is laughable. You don't think I know the artists you're referring to? LAWL. Makes no sense to shit on the best DJs in the world in hopes of scoring "indie techno forum brownie points". Why don't you listen to Kanye and "bow in the presence of greatness".

  20. #290

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    PROPER HOUSE MUSIC
    lol

  21. #291

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    It's been concluded that Hardwell is the current #1 DJ in the world based upon his podcasts, productions, residencies, and strong fan base.
    lol
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

  22. #292
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,550

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    I'm glad DARKSIDE has barely 3 pages, and this *** has 10
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  23. #293

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    lol
    proceeds to ignore last response and digs up an old post

  24. #294

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    The fact that everyone is ripping into each other over the current EMD scene just show how F'ed up it is. You don't see anyone in the underground scene tearing each other new assholes over the music.

    get it?

  25. #295
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    The fact that everyone is ripping into each other over the current EMD scene just show how F'ed up it is. You don't see anyone in the underground scene tearing each other new assholes over the music.

    get it?
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  26. #296

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Late add?

  27. #297

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I'm glad DARKSIDE has barely 3 pages, and this *** has 10
    Don't complain, this thread is one of the few things that will make the next 2 months bearable. Every new page is a treasure trove of comedy gold.

  28. #298
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    If only Disclosure had Scooter Braun to manage them they could possibly have a future..

  29. #299
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Don't complain, this thread is one of the few things that will make the next 2 months bearable. Every new page is a treasure trove of comedy gold.
    Agreed.. This thread is like an end of the show SNL skit. Absolutely ridiculous, but still funny.

  30. #300

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    My point is how can you compare the "top" magazine for EDM to the "top" magazine for and other genre
    I think we can agree DJ Mag is the Rolling Stone of EDM
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I'm going with get high.

Similar Threads

  1. Martin Garrix
    By Joyrider in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
  2. Steve Martin for 2013
    By gaypalmsprings in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 06:45 AM
  3. Martin Solveig & Dragonette
    By Nealocus in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
  4. Martin Louis The King Jr
    By buddy in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
  5. Martin Gore thred
    By cooperb1 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •