Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

Took look at the twitter profile for After and they are promoting it as a underground thing...nothing says underground like bottle service.

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    Won't last a week.

Saw Martin at Hakkasan last night in Vegas... Really fun set and hardly played anything to mainstream, he kept it entertaining. It was his first performance in Vegas but he killed it. He will have a really nice set in the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Auenway View Post
    Saw Martin at Hakkasan last night in Vegas... Really fun set and hardly played anything to mainstream, he kept it entertaining. It was his first performance in Vegas but he killed it. He will have a really nice set in the Sahara.
    Hmm, maybe I'll give him a chance. Was he like Hardwell level? Idk if you've had the pleasure to see him grace the decks.

lol cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Hmm, maybe I'll give him a chance. Was he like Hardwell level? Idk if you've had the pleasure to see him grace the decks.
    Change your screen name to "knowyourcheese" plz

WHAT DID I TELL EVERYONE?! He's the future!

How was the crowd reaction? Were people interested? Were there any reactions to anything he did similar to when he dropped Animals?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    How was the crowd reaction? Were people interested? Were there any reactions to anything he did similar to when he dropped Animals?
    He mixed it up real nice. I don't like to much cheese house/radio music either but he played some Fatboyslim, Showtek, dyro, a cool Pursuit of Happiness remix and so on... I rather seem him than Hardwell right now.

The Sahara is what it is right now. There is always gonna be cheesy house music just gotta see the guys that mix it up and I think Martin is keeping it fresh at the moment.

He opened his set with the Animals remix... about 45 min later dropped the original version. They actually passed out masks of different animal faces for everyone lol.. but yes the crowd reaction was nice.

He mixed it up real nice. I don't like to much cheese house/radio music either but he played some Fatboyslim, Showtek, dyro, a cool Pursuit of Happiness remix and so on... I rather seem him than Hardwell right now.

The Sahara is what it is right now. There is always gonna be cheesy house music just gotta see the guys that mix it up and I think Martin is keeping it fresh at the moment.

He opened his set with the Animals remix... about 45 min later dropped the original version. They actually passed out masks of different animal faces for everyone lol.. but yes the crowd reaction was nice.
    That actually sounds awesome. He did give credit where credit was due with that Dyro track (Hardwell's apprentice). Maybe he will throw down a good set on Friday. I still think Hardwell is the king of right now but I guess SonicC may be right about Garrix being the future of house music...

/thread

Sonicc has impeccable taste in dance music. Trust me.
    Years Attended:

SonicC may be right about Garrix being the future of house music...

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Partially correct or entirely correct?

I'm glad we could all come to a common understanding.

*facepalm*
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

anyone else calling shenanigans with this animals track? I find it very odd that a 17 year old kid would make a track as popular as this, let Hardwell and GTA initially take credit for it, then claim it was his months later...smells like some Danny Avila bs.

Is there a board where you people with lazy musical tastes can discuss "The next big thing" in boring edm? Does DJ Mag have a forum?
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Quote Originally Posted by InF3cT10uZ View Post
    anyone else calling shenanigans with this animals track? I find it very odd that a 17 year old kid would make a track as popular as this, let Hardwell and GTA initially take credit for it, then claim it was his months later...smells like some Danny Avila bs.
    Even if it were true, it'd be one of Hardwell's weaker tracks. He's the number 1 Dj anyways, so I'm sure he's not sweating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Is there a board where you people with lazy musical tastes can discuss "The next big thing" in boring edm? Does DJ Mag have a forum?
    HIPSTER.

HIPSTER.
    Usual last resort for EDM tards that can't win an argument.

He dosent know how to mix tho

This should make this thread a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Usual last resort for EDM tards that can't win an argument.
    Win an argument? There is no argument... Hardwell is the number 1 DJ in the world for a reason. He has a legion of fans and is a great DJ and producer. If he wasn't as popular the hispters in this thread would be into it. I don't understand why you people can shit on Big Room / Progressive House without any musical basis. Simply saying someone is a douche or the music is cheesy, amounts to nothing and it certainly doesn't "win this argument".

The original argument involved the place of Garrix in the EDM scene. It's been concluded that Hardwell is the current #1 DJ in the world based upon his podcasts, productions, residencies, and strong fan base. And Garrix is poised to be the future of the genre.

If you have any concrete arguments against the legitimacy of these statements please share them. If not, please proceed to act like a simpleton/ hipster/ wanna be dance music fan.

Win an argument? There is no argument... Hardwell is the number 1 DJ in the world for a reason. He has a legion of fans and is a great DJ and producer.
    I'm sorry, but I'll need a bit more than; He's a great producer, has fans, and fucking DJ Mag is continually spitting out bullshit, to show he's the "#1 DJ in the World"

DJ Mag does not have ultimate authority on the subject.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by InF3cT10uZ View Post
    He is the future. Why do you think I made this thread? It's mind-blowing how talented this kid is at such a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by 808Djs View Post
    He dosent know how to mix tho
    He can mix perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    No but I'm sure there's a forum that discusses the future of the artists you like.

Popular topics include: "Do you think _____ will be able to pay rent on time?"

Filled with music connoisseurs, of course.

Hardwell is the number 1 DJ in the world for a reason. He has a legion of fans and is a great DJ and producer. If he wasn't as popular the hispters in this thread would be into it. I don't understand why you people can shit on Big Room / Progressive House without any musical basis. Simply saying someone is a douche or the music is cheesy, amounts to nothing and it certainly doesn't "win this argument".

It's been concluded that Hardwell is the current #1 DJ in the world based upon his podcasts, productions, residencies, and strong fan base. And Garrix is poised to be the future of the genre.

If you have any concrete arguments against the legitimacy of these statements please share them.
    I'm curious how one quantifies this. Who has concluded that Hardwell is the #1 DJ in the world? You realize this isn't professional tennis, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I'm curious how one quantifies this. Who has concluded that Hardwell is the #1 DJ in the world? You realize this isn't professional tennis, right?
    Oh I thought this was tennis...

They do share similarities. Nadal is often criticized for his brash, loud, and (recently) aggressive style of tennis. There are tennis purist crybabies who want the dainty, point construction based tennis of yesteryear to come back. They are the ones who fail to realize that the defense/movement and big banging style is here to stay.

EDM is very much the same... There are crybabies who claim that the most successful DJs are cheesy, don't have any substance, blobbity blobbity blobbity...
    It's a tired opinion that's been regurgitated decade after decade by hipster/posers and aging "it was better back in the day" fans. Big Room house is here and it's what sells tickets and gets people on the dance floor.

Amongst today's DJs, I believe that Hardwell has been the best at balancing the podcast/DJ set/Productions formula in becoming the #1 DJ in the world (according to DJ Mag). I understand that this may not be everyone's viewpoint and I'm not saying that DJ Mag has godlike authority. What I am saying that in today's EDM scene, Hardwell has brought the festival sound to the masses while not catering to the dance radio crowd. He's earned the respect through his DJ sets, which are often the standout mainstage sets at the world's largest festivals. He's the best among the big name DJs.

If anyone wants to slam his style of music, please provide specifics. Don't hash out some hipster "cheese" response or some bullshit, sappy, reminiscent "back in the day" grumble.