Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Whew! You are a troll after all. You had me losing my faith in humanity for a while there...
    I'm losing faith in the education system. Didn't they teach you how to read? Tell me what Fatboy Slim has done in RECENT years?

Skrillex has won 6 Grammys, provided careers for various artists with his power label OWSLA, and has scored movies for Disney.

He also revolutionized dubstep, making it go mainstream in the states. POWER MOVES.
    Last edited by sonicc; 01-30-2014 at 03:29 PM.

I like to think sonicc masturbates furiously while posting about Martin Garrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Lurker

This thread just keeps making me laugh
    Last edited by Epicfuneral; 01-30-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Wrong wording

Your idol is a fucking douche.

“Some people thought that I stole it from Hardwell, but now it’s all fixed,” he told inthemix. “But they were really fucking surprised. They were like, ‘What the fuck? Bullshit!’ or they were like, ‘Is this serious?’ There were also some really cool reactions like, ‘Oh my God, I fucking love him already.’ People expected it to be from two really big names like GTA and Hardwell, then suddenly a young kid made the track and it was really surprising for them.”

- Garrix in In The Mix Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Skrillex > Fatboy Slim, name anything relevant Fatboy Slim has done in the past years. Skrillex revolutionized a sub-genre in the dance world.
    Fatboy Slim was one of the first to successfully cross over to the mainstream in the late 90s, and his tracks are still played on many alternative rock stations nationwide.

Any Skrillex tracks still played on the radio? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    How is it not house? Technically it's "Progressive House" but it falls under the House umbrella, which is a branch of what's known as EDM. EDM includes House, Techno, Dubstep, and Downtempo.
    Again it ain't progressive house you stupid motherfucker.

HARDWELL ANNOUNCED AS THE CLOSER OF THE ULTRA MAIN STAGE.

1609647_10202921892545830_1113220841_n.jpg

/thread

sonicc was all over hardwell last year, wonder who hell be all over next year, or if hell still like animals when coachella comes around. nevertheless he has provided one of the most entertaining threads... so much more fun to come.

Worst "artist" on the line up. Coachella usually gets them right but in this case I am dumbfounded. Curiosity factor perhaps? There are producers that have put down work for years, producing, remixing, collaborating, touring and building up the dance scene before this idiot and the likes of Hardwell came around. I wish they would keep these EDM puppets throwing heart signs and handclapping at the ULTRA/EDC circuit. Coachella should be above this hype.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    HAHAHA seriously, he does so much work to troll these newbies. He must be having some sort of orgasms while being at it
    9/19 - CHVRCHES - Hollywood Palladium
    10/7 - Belle and Sebastian - Ace Hotel
    10/16 - Massive Attack - Greek Theatre
    12/5 - Flight Facilities - The Regent Theater

this is my favorite thread

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Again it ain't progressive house you stupid motherfucker.
    Woah, calm down rAv3 br0...

If he doesn't produce Progressive House, then why would Beatport categorize nearly all of his tracks as "Progressive House"? It's 2014.

I can't wait to shuffle at this set!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Woah, calm down rAv3 br0...

If he doesn't produce Progressive House, then why would Beatport categorize nearly all of his tracks as "Progressive House"? It's 2014.
    Since when is Shitport the go-to for citing music genres?

Hernan Cattaneo is progressive house, your shitty EDM garbage isn't progressive house. If you'd ever go to a Renaissance party and fallaciously claimed Shitwell as prog house you'd be laughed off the dance floor.

you'd be laughed off the dance floor.
    ...genres are constantly evolving. Progressive House has changed immensely over the past couple of years. I don't believe that you should hold sole responsibility for coming up with the attributes of music genres. I'm sure the #1 music store for EDM is better suited to do so.

...genres are constantly evolving. Progressive House has changed immensely over the past couple of years. I don't believe that you should hold sole responsibility for coming up with the attributes of music genres. I'm sure the #1 music store for EDM is better suited to do so.
    You sir, have confused "Progressive" from "Big Room"
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Michael Jackson made history. The Beatles made history. Martin Garrix... made history.

Enough said.
    I knew you weren't an actual person.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by dotheevolution View Post
    Worst "artist" on the line up. Coachella usually gets them right but in this case I am dumbfounded. Curiosity factor perhaps? There are producers that have put down work for years, producing, remixing, collaborating, touring and building up the dance scene before this idiot and the likes of Hardwell came around. I wish they would keep these EDM puppets throwing heart signs and handclapping at the ULTRA/EDC circuit. Coachella should be above this hype.
    Coachella is not above it man. Be proud of what you know. There are some amazing festivals out there where you can seek the kind of music you want. Coachella is more of casual festival and its target group takes that into consideration. Fuck em

HARDWELL ANNOUNCED AS THE CLOSER OF THE ULTRA MAIN STAGE.

1609647_10202921892545830_1113220841_n.jpg

/thread
    Someone's gotta play while everyone leaves early to avoid traffic.

Fatboy Slim was one of the first to successfully cross over to the mainstream in the late 90s, and his tracks are still played on many alternative rock stations nationwide.

Any Skrillex tracks still played on the radio? I think not.
    What has he done in RECENT years? The 90s? Get outta town!

Yes his tracks are being played on the radio. Not sure what radio stations you listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by dotheevolution View Post
    This is why your mentality is ridiculous. Just because people put in YEARS of work, doesn't make them any better.

Let's pretend Michael Jackson released "Thriller" last year and it was the only work he had ever done (no touring included). By your logic, he wouldn't be able to headline because he hasn't done extensive touring and collaborations? That's ridiculous.

Martin more than deserves his spot at Coachella. Is it everyone's cup of tea? No, just like Michael Jackson isn't everyone's either.
    Last edited by sonicc; 01-30-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    You like to think about me masturbating?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    You sir, have confused "Progressive" from "Big Room"
    Hardwell plays Big Room which is a subcategory of Progressive House. Progressive House simply means House-like 4/4 electronic music which incorporates many styles of EDM into tracks that include progression and melody. The genre pigeon-holing game gets old after a while when discussing an artist like Hardwell. He combines aspects from multiple EDM genres to create his unique brand of Progressive House, whether it be Electro House, Dance/Pop, or Trance.

Someone's gotta play while everyone leaves early to avoid traffic.
    Alright, clown. Then why are both Krewella AND Alesso billed higher than Garrix on sacred Saturday? Riddle me that! Your last comment won't ruffle my feathers since you've proven that you don't know much about the House genre. Had you known the legendary statuses of all those DJs closing out the festival you might have formed a valid opinion.

Hardwell, Paul Van Dyk, Cirez D (That's EDM legend Eric Prydz btw.), and house mastermind Fedde Le Grand are all closing out UMF on their respected stages. Among these legends of House music, Hardwell was the sole DJ chosen to perform in the most coveted set in all of electronic dance music - the final mainstage set of Ultra Music Festival. Garrix cannot fuck with that. Hardwell is the choice of the people and promoters. Garrix is the choice of wanna be kids who listen to the radio. Or hip parents who "get" the EDM craze. Know your house....

This is why your mentality is ridiculous. Just because people put in YEARS of work, doesn't make them any better.

Let's pretend Michael Jackson released "Thriller" last year and it was the only work he had ever done (no touring included). By your logic, he wouldn't be able to headline because he hasn't done extensive touring and collaborations? That's ridiculous.

Martin more than deserves his spot at Coachella. Is it everyone's cup of tea? No, just like Michael Jackson isn't everyone's either.
    I haven't laughed so hard all week.

Comparing Michael Jackson to Martin Garrix

Sonicc = Troll Of The Year. Hands down

Alright, clown. Then why are both Krewella AND Alesso billed higher than Garrix on sacred Saturday? Riddle me that! Your last comment won't ruffle my feathers since you've proven that you don't know much about the House genre. Had you known the legendary statuses of all those DJs closing out the festival you might have formed a valid opinion.

Hardwell, Paul Van Dyk, Cirez D (That's EDM legend Eric Prydz btw.), and house mastermind Fedde Le Grand are all closing out UMF on their respected stages. Among these legends of House music, Hardwell was the sole DJ chosen to perform in the most coveted set in all of electronic dance music - the final mainstage set of Ultra Music Festival. Garrix cannot fuck with that. Hardwell is the choice of the people and promoters. Garrix is the choice of wanna be kids who listen to the radio. Or hip parents who "get" the EDM craze. Know your house....
    They are billed higher because they have been around longer, there are politics to everything. However, no one has played Ultra main stage after just 1 year of being in the game. I'm not 100% positive, but I also think Martin is the youngest person to play at Ultra, let alone the main stage (making more of that history happen).

You're missing the point where everyone leaves during that time to avoid traffic. Martin will be playing at a peak time when everyone is there with the most energy. Some people can't even attend on Sunday because they have work the next day. Most people are worn out by the time Hardwell plays and the energy is at an all time low.

Paul Van Dyk and Fedde Le Grand have been in the shadows for the past years. While I will agree Eric Prydz is a legend, Cirez D is not the same thing. They play different sets and have a completely different vibe. Comparing these 2 identities would be like comparing a Richie Hawtin set to a Plastikman set, that is why Eric Prydz is playing main stage on Friday (an excellent time slot btw).

I'm interested in listening to this Martin Garrix kid, but I'm not fully sold on him yet. Who's his manager? What's his personality like? Can anyone post a photo of him so I can know whether or not to spend my time with his work? I want to be on the right side of history here, guys. Lord knows I missed the Swedish House Mafia train, and look at how depressing my life has been since.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

They are billed higher because they have been around longer, there are politics to everything. However, no one has played Ultra main stage after just 1 year of being in the game. I'm not 100% positive, but I also think Martin is the youngest person to play at Ultra, let alone the main stage (making more of that history happen).

You're missing the point where everyone leaves during that time to avoid traffic. Martin will be playing at a peak time when everyone is there with the most energy. Some people can't even attend on Sunday because they have work the next day. Most people are worn out by the time Hardwell plays and the energy is at an all time low.

Paul Van Dyk and Fedde Le Grand have been in the shadows for the past years. While I will agree Eric Prydz is a legend, Cirez D is not the same thing. They play different sets and have a completely different vibe. Comparing these 2 identities would be like comparing a Richie Hawtin set to a Plastikman set, that is why Eric Prydz is playing main stage on Friday (an excellent time slot btw).
    Yeah, you're right... That's why Avicii and Tiesto share the same time slot as Hardwell. -___-

Wtf does a different set have to do with the fact that Prydz is a legend. You've probably never even seen Plastikman (I have) since it's just not the same vibe as a Hawtin set. The point is that Hardwell is closing out the biggest dance festival in history while Garrix is opening for fucking Krewella. Let that sink in...

Ey but honestly tho, Garrix will complement the sad shit show that is Krewella into Nicky Romero on the main stage.

What you fail to realize is it's all a shit show. One big show of shit.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove