Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    When Hardwell makes one of the strongest instrumental dance tracks in history, come back. Thanks.
    When Garrix has over 18 million views on three of his sets, come back. Thanks.

So you would rather see shit tracks get remixed into other shit tracks instead of great tracks being remixed into other great tracks? Honestly, who the fuck cares if "Man With the Red Face" is remixed. In the end, the original isn't going anywhere.

Just for good measure:

Serious question, how is Martin Garrix billed higher at Coachella than he is at Ultra? He's higher than Krewella and Solomun while they are listed as "DJ headliners" at Ultra and Garrix isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    When Garrix has over 18 million views on three of his sets, come back. Thanks.

So you would rather see shit tracks get remixed into other shit tracks instead of great tracks being remixed into other great tracks? Honestly, who the fuck cares if "Man With the Red Face" is remixed. In the end, the original isn't going anywhere.

Just for good measure:
    Making history > getting YouTube plays. And if you want to go that route, Martin has more views on Animals than Hardwell's entire YouTube channel and Hardwell has been around longer. Embarrassing...

I would rather not have Hardwell shit on a classic. And no one cares. You brought it up.

The kid dropped his headphones. Every DJ has fucked up at one point. Using that video proves that you know nothing of dance music, once again.

MARTIN GARRIX #1 BABY

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Serious question, how is Martin Garrix billed higher at Coachella than he is at Ultra? He's higher than Krewella and Solomun while they are listed as "DJ headliners" at Ultra and Garrix isn't.
    Politics. Lot of dance artists would cry if that happened since he's relatively new. Example: Avicii crying about being billed during Snoop + Dre.

Proves that the kid is humble, another +1.

I've never understood why people are so crazy over Hardwell's set at UMF 2013

I've heard you are a troll so I don't know why I'm taking anything you say seriously but some of the shit that you summon out of that hollow skull of yours is so ridiculous that I'm starting to believe that you actually might be legit. For the sake of humanity, I hope not.

I'm gonna be mature here and say this: Good for Garrix. He's a kid that got REALLY lucky and made it off of one shitty song. However, that puts him nowhere near the level that DJ greats are at and that's where you are dead wrong.

Maybe someday when he hires a decent ghost producer to make it so he doesn't have the same sound in every one of his songs, or his powerhouse agent hooks him up with a collab with Justin Bieber, Garrix will be relevant again. Until then, I only see him going on a downward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    This is the same festival that billed Skrillex higher than Fatboy Slim. That's how.

When Hardwell makes one of the strongest instrumental dance tracks in history, come back. Thanks.
    You're seriously gonna disrespect my comment like that? I just shared that I literally had an amazing experience during a Hardwell DJ set and I posted the G.O.A.T. set at ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL (the best EDM festival in the world), and all you can post was a lame "Well it's not Animals" response? You're so full of shit I don't even know where to begin. Your whole approach towards the appreciation of house music is summed up by a money and fame formula. And it drips with a muck of self-importance and cheesiness. Animals + Twitter followers = better? Pathetic.

Hardwell is the NUMBER 1 DJ in the world. Can you get that through your skull? He's there for many reasons: making the best tracks that receive tons of play in festival and club sets, launching a wildly successful radio show, teaming up the legend that is Tiesto, and absolutely SLAYING every dance floor he comes across.

Take your airplay + management arguments elsewhere... People like you are a threat to the health and vitality of the House music scene. Respect greatness when you see it.

Can you guys please stop using the term 'house music'? Neither hardwell or garrix are are even remotely close to being in that genre. They are nothing more than EDM cheese pop merchants.

Lurker

LOL Hardwell and Garrix both are TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by chonkyfire View Post
    PERIOD......... why don't we debate which will more likely give you Aids.. Anal gay sex or sharing needles... both seem about as fun as going to see Hardwell or Garrix... and the argument will be just as compelling

Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    Can you guys please stop using the term 'house music'? Neither hardwell or garrix are are even remotely close to being in that genre. They are nothing more than EDM cheese pop merchants.
    How is it not house? Technically it's "Progressive House" but it falls under the House umbrella, which is a branch of what's known as EDM. EDM includes House, Techno, Dubstep, and Downtempo.

Quote Originally Posted by chonkyfire View Post
    How is Hardwell trash?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    You're seriously gonna disrespect my comment like that? I just shared that I literally had an amazing experience during a Hardwell DJ set and I posted the G.O.A.T. set at ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL (the best EDM festival in the world), and all you can post was a lame "Well it's not Animals" response? You're so full of shit I don't even know where to begin. Your whole approach towards the appreciation of house music is summed up by a money and fame formula. And it drips with a muck of self-importance and cheesiness. Animals + Twitter followers = better? Pathetic.

Hardwell is the NUMBER 1 DJ in the world. Can you get that through your skull? He's there for many reasons: making the best tracks that receive tons of play in festival and club sets, launching a wildly successful radio show, teaming up the legend that is Tiesto, and absolutely SLAYING every dance floor he comes across.

Take your airplay + management arguments elsewhere... People like you are a threat to the health and vitality of the House music scene. Respect greatness when you see it.
    Dumber than sonicc
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

This is the same festival that billed Skrillex higher than Fatboy Slim. That's how.
    Skrillex > Fatboy Slim, name anything relevant Fatboy Slim has done in the past years. Skrillex revolutionized a sub-genre in the dance world.

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat?

And this thread is somehow still having a debate over who is the more popular pop DJ. Please, continue.

I nominate sonicc for best troll / best alias for 2014.
    fuck.

I've heard you are a troll so I don't know why I'm taking anything you say seriously but some of the shit that you summon out of that hollow skull of yours is so ridiculous that I'm starting to believe that you actually might be legit. For the sake of humanity, I hope not.

I'm gonna be mature here and say this: Good for Garrix. He's a kid that got REALLY lucky and made it off of one shitty song. However, that puts him nowhere near the level that DJ greats are at and that's where you are dead wrong.

Maybe someday when he hires a decent ghost producer to make it so he doesn't have the same sound in every one of his songs, or his powerhouse agent hooks him up with a collab with Justin Bieber, Garrix will be relevant again. Until then, I only see him going on a downward spiral.
    Lucky? The kid didn't win the lottery my friend, he produced a song that millions of people around the world enjoyed. That's how music works. No clinging on to anyone but himself, that's impressive.

So by your logic you have to do a ton of work in order to be considered "one of the greats"? Quality > quantity

Hardwell had to use Tiesto's support to create a name for himself. Which success story would you rather have? A self-made or one where you had to depend on another person to make it.

Maybe someday when he hires a decent ghost producer? He made history with Animals, I'm sure he doesn't need a ghost producer my friend. He will be the future of dance music, embrace it.

Klaas 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post

Michael Jackson made history. The Beatles made history. Martin Garrix... made history.

Enough said.
    Last edited by sonicc; 01-30-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Well, when you put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Well, when you put it that way.
    I sense some sarcasm but the reality is they all have made history within their respective genre.

Martin Garrix made history in dance music with Animals.

This just in: Martin Garrix will be playing on the Main Stage at Ultra. Not to mention he will be playing on Saturday, the most important day of the festival.

SPEECHLESS.

Mind BLOWN. MAIN STAGE AT ULTRA!!! Alert the president!!! WE HAVE A LEGEND!!!!!

Mind BLOWN. MAIN STAGE AT ULTRA!!! Alert the president!!! WE HAVE A LEGEND!!!!!
    Nothing to say about making history huh? Thought so.

History is always made in one way or another. Whether or not you will be remembered in history is another thing. The Beatles and Michael Jackson, yes they will be. Martin Garrix, people dont even know him right now and will be forgotten in the not too distant future. Like previously stated, Klaas 2014.

History is always made in one way or another. Whether or not you will be remembered in history is another thing. The Beatles and Michael Jackson, yes they will be. Martin Garrix, people dont even know him right now and will be forgotten in the not too distant future. Like previously stated, Klaas 2014.
    Right, history can always be made in one way or another. However, we are discussing music history right now. As of right now Martin has just made music history and there's no way around it.

Skrillex > Fatboy Slim, name anything relevant Fatboy Slim has done in the past years. Skrillex revolutionized a sub-genre in the dance world.
    Whew! You are a troll after all. You had me losing my faith in humanity for a while there...