Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

@sonicc "Seems like Hardwell is just riding Tiesto's dick to stay relevant while Tiesto WANTS to work with Martin to keep himself in the game.

Calvin Harris sings and writes. Don't compare him to Hardwell you look foolish."

Dude, you do realize that you made a post about Hardwell being the best DJ at Coachella last year right? And how the hell is Hardwell riding Tiesto's dick to stay relevant? Hardwell has his own fucking label now.

Calvin Harris is not a DJ, he is a producer. Basically just Avicii #2. At least Hardwell actually mixes his sets, 90% of Harris's sets are pre-made bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post

If Swedish House Mafia was still around... WHEW.... this fucking conversation would BE DONE my friend.
    So true, Hardwell is lucky they aren't around anymore because they would order one of their classic "hits" on Hardwell. The way it works is, they produce a really. really shitty song starring a crappy vocalist built around a bunch of ridiculously cheesy builds and drops, with little care for melody, mood, or tone. Then Hardwell (and ever other DJ of his calibre) is forced to play that same shitty "hit" in all of their sets on Ibiza and at festivals, where the furry boot edmtards demand it. DONE! My friend.

True, lately many of Hardwell's sets have been infested with unnecessary bullshit that is raped on the radio and it's all because of SHM, Zedd, Harris, etc.
    I still like some of Hardwell's stuff (his last track "Dare You" was total shit). His remix of "Man With the Red Face" is really good and sounds kind of nostalgic.

Shitwell ruined Laurent Garnier's classic Man With The Red Face. There should be a law forbidding EDM cheesedick DJ's from ever touching dance classic anthems like that.

What you don't comprehend is Martin has already accomplished EVERYTHING Hardwell has at the age of 17. Nowadays DJs aren't a 1 man train, they are ran by 5-10 people who are constantly making sure they have access to everything they need. Martin will now have access to writers who create #1 Billboard charts. Having #1 Billboard charts = more fans, more fans = more success & more votes to be the #1 DJ. He also has an advantage because he's 8 years younger than Hardwell. Martin doesn't even have 1 full year in the game and he's a higher bill than Hardwell at Coachella, headlining Ultra and countless other festivals. When Martin is Hardwell's age he will be untouchable. NO DJ IN HISTORY HAS HAD THE SUCCESS MARTIN IS HAVING AT HIS AGE, PERIOD, NOT EVEN TIESTO.
    This kind of thinking is ridiculous. Just because someone is successful at an early age, it doesnt guarantee that they will stay and become more and more succesful. People go off the rails all the time. Its happening to justin bieber right now.

And i cant believe im replying to a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Shitwell ruined Laurent Garnier's classic Man With The Red Face. There should be a law forbidding EDM cheesedick DJ's from ever touching dance classic anthems like that.
    Shut the fuck up, that remix was absolutely fine. At least he's trying to appeal to minimalist-power people like you and 90% of this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMau5 View Post
    So true, Hardwell is lucky they aren't around anymore because they would order one of their classic "hits" on Hardwell. The way it works is, they produce a really. really shitty song starring a crappy vocalist built around a bunch of ridiculously cheesy builds and drops, with little care for melody, mood, or tone. Then Hardwell (and ever other DJ of his calibre) is forced to play that same shitty "hit" in all of their sets on Ibiza and at festivals, where the furry boot edmtards demand it. DONE! My friend.
    Look at the discography of all the members of Swedish House Mafia... LEGENDS! Every single track of theirs is a classic that will forever be remembered in the dance music community. Hardwell is SO basic it's not even funny. His only decent track was "Zero 76" and that was a collaboration with Tiesto and it sounds like something Showtek makes in their sleep. Hah! And THANK you for agreeing that Hardwell plays their tracks. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE #1 and WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS #1. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Shut the fuck up, that remix was absolutely fine. At least he's trying to appeal to minimalist-power people like you and 90% of this message board.
    Such a bad remix it's not even funny! That's like trying to remix Underworld's "Born Slippy".... What a desperate act to stay relevant...

I wanna believe in sonicc like a 9 year old with Santa. Your friends whisper fake , but it just sounds too good.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    This kind of thinking is ridiculous. Just because someone is successful at an early age, it doesnt guarantee that they will stay and become more and more succesful. People go off the rails all the time. Its happening to justin bieber right now.

And i cant believe im replying to a troll.
    If you have the discipline, looks, and humbleness like Martin Garrix - it DOES guarantee you will stay successful. Have you listened to his interviews? He seems so focused. He reminds me of early day interviews of Tiesto yet Martin is younger. If you think about it Martin could eventually become an artist like Michael Jackson if he keeps on doing what he is doing. Dance music is only getting more and more powerful. When people think about dance music in 2013 20 years from now, they will remember Martin Garrix. 2014? Looks like he is surely making that mark again. We are having a future legend at the Sahara come April (hoping MainStage and VERY plausible), you guys should be thankful.

And just so you know Justin Bieber is no longer under DUI charges. He's doing just fine.

Lol, I've seen SHM before they even hit the mainstream at EDC LA. And I saw Hardwell at EDC Vegas the next year, and I can safely say that Hardwell went HARDER. You basically proved my point by referring to all of Garrix's MATERIAL accolades (few as they are) and potential....

tweethardwell.jpg

WORD.

Such a bad remix it's not even funny! That's like trying to remix Underworld's "Born Slippy".... What a desperate act to stay relevant...
    How the fuck is that an attempt to stay relevant? Deep house music is the least relevant thing in the music industry right now. The view count on Hardwell's youtube sets speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Lol, I've seen SHM before they even hit the mainstream at EDC LA. And I saw Hardwell at EDC Vegas the next year, and I can safely say that Hardwell went HARDER. You basically proved my point by referring to all of Garrix's MATERIAL accolades (few as they are) and potential....

tweethardwell.jpg

WORD.

Someone that dubs themselves "knowyourhouse" boasting about Hardwell is hilarity at its finest.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

How the fuck is that an attempt to stay relevant? Deep house music is the least relevant thing in the music industry right now. The view count on Hardwell's youtube sets speak for themselves.
    Is this a serious comment? Born Slippy is probably one of the top 10 most recognizable dance tracks ever. Tracks that should NEVER be remixed.

The view counts on that are as relevant as a video with the title "Kate Upton eats out Emrata Ratajkowski". It's a CHEAP easy WAY to get plays/downloads.... Just as CHEAP as he was gaining Facebook fans by giving away SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA tracks. That alone kills all of your arguments, PERIOD! Salute my good sir.

tweethardwell.jpg

WORD.
    Oh right the year when Hardwell was on the side stage and Swedish House Mafia was on the main stage? Shining bright like the super stars they are? Shit Swedish House Mafia is having more hype this year with the documentary they're releasing then all of Hardwell's releases put together. HAH!

@sonicc "Seems like Hardwell is just riding Tiesto's dick to stay relevant while Tiesto WANTS to work with Martin to keep himself in the game.

Calvin Harris sings and writes. Don't compare him to Hardwell you look foolish."

Dude, you do realize that you made a post about Hardwell being the best DJ at Coachella last year right? And how the hell is Hardwell riding Tiesto's dick to stay relevant? Hardwell has his own fucking label now.

Calvin Harris is not a DJ, he is a producer. Basically just Avicii #2. At least Hardwell actually mixes his sets, 90% of Harris's sets are pre-made bullshit
    He is a troll.

This is the worst thread ever.

You're all wrong.

If you want deep house, then dj hanzel is your man. he goes one deeper.

If Martin Garrix wants to stay relevant he has to release something better than animals soon. Although i still enjoy some songs, Animals was his rise to fame, im not gonna deny the song was successful, and various artists like Dvbbs, Audien, and even Martin Garrix tried to redo animals, but the song is old news, its been overplayed, its become annoying. The dude might be a nice guy, and he may have whatever manager in the world he wants but it means nothing. The manager is just riding on the success. If he wants to stay relevant he has to put in the work like everyone at the top, age is not a sign of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by coachhh View Post
    If Martin Garrix wants to stay relevant he has to release something better than animals soon. Although i still enjoy some songs, Animals was his rise to fame, im not gonna deny the song was successful, and various artists like Dvbbs, Audien, and even Martin Garrix tried to redo animals, but the song is old news, its been overplayed, its become annoying. The dude might be a nice guy, and he may have whatever manager in the world he wants but it means nothing. The manager is just riding on the success. If he wants to stay relevant he has to put in the work like everyone at the top, age is not a sign of anything.
    Age is not a sign of anything? You must be high.

How many DJs do you know that are 17 with the fame of Martin Garrix? How many successful DJs do you know in their mid 20s? Big difference and leaves you with more time to grow as an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
    This is the worst thread ever.

You're all wrong.
    I disagree its the best!!!
    you are soooooooo good lookin

I actually logged in to say that I cannot believe this discussion is actually being had. Let me start off with Martin Garrix being "the best booking of 2014 and being the future of EDM". If he is the future of EDM, then the future will be even bleaker than I originally thought. Actually explain to me how that is the best booking among all other names on the lineup? Because I don't see it! I actually enjoy his music, but he is not that great. If at all. Regular, run of the mill big room house shit that everyone on EDC's main stage will bob their heads and roll their eyes back for. Who actually fucking cares about Garrix's age? Carl Cox and Tenaglia are old and washed up by your standards and they still shit on this kid. And I've seen DJ's his age with WAY more to offer.

To end this, Tiesto sucks post-Elements of Life, the only member of Swedish House Mafia who's worth seeing or music is worth listening to is Axwell and I like Hardwell, but if he is the world's #1 DJ, then I just.......... don't know.

Age is not a sign of anything? You must be high.

How many DJs do you know that are 17 with the fame of Martin Garrix? How many successful DJs do you know in their mid 20s? Big difference and leaves you with more time to grow as an artist.
    To my knowledge he only has one hit song, no?

My friend request has been pending for over two years, Sonicc.

Eddie Van Halen was playing Eruption at the age of 20. A song that would go on to change the face of how people played guitar. I'll give that 17 is very young, but how is Animals a game changers in any way shape or form. Maybe in 10 years this DJ will bring something new to the table. But in reality, his music isn't that different from what others are releasing...its generic and boring to me ears. But its what the festivals and labels are pushing and the youngsters will embrace it.

To craft writing songs on abletin live or logic, fl studio isn't nearly as hard as becoming an accomplish "insert instrument here". Just my two cents. Most of the talented DJs aren't even mainstream yet here in the states. A whole another argument.

Oh right the year when Hardwell was on the side stage and Swedish House Mafia was on the main stage? Shining bright like the super stars they are? Shit Swedish House Mafia is having more hype this year with the documentary they're releasing then all of Hardwell's releases put together. HAH!
    LAWL. Yeah right man! Hardwell is more respected in the scene today by true ravers. The hardcore ravers know that Hardwell throws down on a consistent basis and doesn't need the glitz and glam of a "documentary". Again, you keep referring to this Hollywood bullcrap that amounts to nothing in terms of music and DJing. Hardwell is number 1 for good reason, he delivers consistent bangers, not radio ready "Don't You Worry Child" crap. Cummon man, have you heard Hardwell's vocal laden track "Never Say Good Bye"? Which, by the way, he co-produced with the <20 phenom DYRO. Have a listen to a good track and then compare it with "Don't You Worry Child" or whatever Martin Garbage is cooking up with Nicki Minaj or whatever. Like I said earlier Hardwell is respected because he payed his dues to this scene and has the tracklists to prove it. He basically plays his own productions throughout his monster sets. Have you even seen his UMF set? He's a beast. Check it:

Oh Jesus, how the hell did I get in this thread

Madeon puts out waaaay better music than all of SHM, Garrix, and Hardwell combined.
    Last edited by RageAgainst; 01-28-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Paul is dead

LAWL. Yeah right man! Hardwell is more respected in the scene today by true ravers. The hardcore ravers know that Hardwell throws down on a consistent basis and doesn't need the glitz and glam of a "documentary". Again, you keep referring to this Hollywood bullcrap that amounts to nothing in terms of music and DJing. Hardwell is number 1 for good reason, he delivers consistent bangers, not radio ready "Don't You Worry Child" crap. Cummon man, have you heard Hardwell's vocal laden track "Never Say Good Bye"? Which, by the way, he co-produced with the <20 phenom DYRO. Have a listen to a good track and then compare it with "Don't You Worry Child" or whatever Martin Garbage is cooking up with Nicki Minaj or whatever. Like I said earlier Hardwell is respected because he payed his dues to this scene and has the tracklists to prove it. He basically plays his own productions throughout his monster sets. Have you even seen his UMF set? He's a beast. Check it:

Now you're just talking out of your ass by saying "true ravers" enjoy Hardwell more than SHM. Who played MainStage at Coachella? Where did Hardwell play? Who played the later slot at UMF? THAT'S RIGHT. Also, Hardwell just released a documentary that wasn't worthy enough of being in theaters. Swedish House Mafia's documentary will be - and they already broke up! That's HOW powerful they are.

Funny that you bring up "Never Say Goodbye", that track was aimed for the radio and didn't succeed. So... yeah.... "Don't You Worry Child?" That mother fucker is still playing on the radio I think lol... Did I mention Hardwell was giving away Swedish House Mafia tracks for his own popularity? Just checking.

Martin just has one true year in the scene and is already becoming more popular than Hardwell! LMAO! Without giving away tracks for likes and without riding Tiesto's dick for collabs. Hardwell released like 2-3 bootleg packs for Facebook likes using other's people's tracks. HOW PATHETIC!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sonicc; 01-29-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    My friend request has been pending for over two years, Sonicc.
    Accepted my good sir.