Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 465

Thread: MARTIN GARRIX

  1. #61

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Here is an interview in which he addresses his past, future, and present. Truly inspiring.

    Part 1:


    Part 2:


    Part 3:
    Last edited by sonicc; 01-23-2014 at 01:57 AM.

  2. #62

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Eric Prydz wants his snare back...

  3. #63

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    sonicc is mja right?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  4. #64

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX



    Truly inspiring

  5. #65

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  6. #66

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    He's playing at the world's largest dance festivals as well, not just opening himself to the world of pop music. Not too many dance artists can accomplish that and with Scooter Braun's management he will do so successfully. Why? BECAUSE HE FUCKING MANAGES THE BIGGEST ARTIST IN THE WORLD. Even if Bieber goes down the drain, he still has the connects with literally every music port in the world. You know how many places he can plug in Martin just because he manages Bieber? Anywhere he fucking wants. Anyone with common sense can figure this out. Saying Hardwell has more credibility than Scooter Braun is just plain ignorant. Also take into consideration this is a co-management deal with Music AllStar/Spinnin as well, which happen to be the strongest management groups in dance music. I'm honestly shaking at the excitement of how well this kid is covered. Crazy stuff...
    Maybe you're right in one respect: the kid is full package. A package of uninspired EDM POP. I listened to the interview and he even said he's focusing on producing for OTHER American POP ARTISTS. He'll be spreading himself too thin and he'll be involved with that crowd. Look where that took Beiber... Braun couldn't keep him in check and while Braun couldn't leash up Beiber he gets arrested and faces felony charges. Give me a break. Braun has no power over Beiber, so what makes you think he can keep a young MArtin Garrix in check? Especially when he'll be hanging around the Hollywood crowd. He seems smug to me. Enjoy his set at the Sahara with your rAve br0s..

  7. #67

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Also, in the interview, Hardwell was mentioned as an inspirational figure. Hardwell is a legend in the EDM scene and doesn't stoop down to the level of EDM radio cheese. Never heard Hardwell on the radio and I don't expect to.

  8. #68
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Also, in the interview, Hardwell was mentioned as an inspirational figure. Hardwell is a legend in the EDM scene and doesn't stoop down to the level of EDM radio cheese. Never heard Hardwell on the radio and I don't expect to.
    Can't tell if you're serious, but Hardwell is fucking trash too.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Also, in the interview, Hardwell was mentioned as an inspirational figure. Hardwell is a legend in the EDM scene and doesn't stoop down to the level of EDM radio cheese. Never heard Hardwell on the radio and I don't expect to.
    This is why no one can ever take you serious.

  10. #70

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    This is why no one can ever take you serious.
    And you'd prefer Martin Garrix over Hardwell? I was pointing out a clear difference between these EDM heavy hitters. Hardwell doesn't make songs for commercial play, he makes festival ready bangers that GO OFF when they're dropped.

  11. #71

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    And you'd prefer Martin Garrix over Hardwell? I was pointing out a clear difference between these EDM heavy hitters. Hardwell doesn't make songs for commercial play, he makes festival ready bangers that GO OFF when they're dropped.
    Hardwell is complete garbage

  12. #72
    Member manalive!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    lol you guys. stop feeding the trolls

  13. #73
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    So what if his music is no good.

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  14. #74
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    He's 17. Does this mean he has to be accompanied by...

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  15. #75

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Maybe you're right in one respect: the kid is full package. A package of uninspired EDM POP. I listened to the interview and he even said he's focusing on producing for OTHER American POP ARTISTS. He'll be spreading himself too thin and he'll be involved with that crowd. Look where that took Beiber... Braun couldn't keep him in check and while Braun couldn't leash up Beiber he gets arrested and faces felony charges. Give me a break. Braun has no power over Beiber, so what makes you think he can keep a young MArtin Garrix in check? Especially when he'll be hanging around the Hollywood crowd. He seems smug to me. Enjoy his set at the Sahara with your rAve br0s..
    You honestly think the Bieber act isn't a publicity stunt? Man you clearly don't know how the music industry works. He's using that to start appealing to older crowds, just as Miley Cyrus is using "twerking" to leave her young girl phase. Hardwell is a great act sure, but he doesn't come close to Marin Garrix at the pace Martin is heading... PERIOD! I can't name ONE artist in the dance world that has been as successful as Martin at the age of 17. And what's wrong with working with american pop acts? That's where the money is. I wouldn't mind making a few thousand bucks on the side while I played in dance festivals, gotta pay the bills somehow... Hardwell does the same, yet he ghost produces for dance artists. If you didn't know that then you seriously have no idea what the fuck is going on.

  16. #76

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Also, in the interview, Hardwell was mentioned as an inspirational figure. Hardwell is a legend in the EDM scene and doesn't stoop down to the level of EDM radio cheese. Never heard Hardwell on the radio and I don't expect to.
    Of course Hardwell is an inspirational figure, he's 8 years older than Martin. And Hardwell hasn't been on the radio because none of his work is that popular yet. His new single "Dare You" was meant for the radio but it didn't appeal to the masses. You honestly think he wouldn't want to be making Zedd money? Even dance acts that aren't as commercial like Disclosure are starting to work with the big names (Mary J Blige).

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    And you'd prefer Martin Garrix over Hardwell? I was pointing out a clear difference between these EDM heavy hitters. Hardwell doesn't make songs for commercial play, he makes festival ready bangers that GO OFF when they're dropped.
    I prefer neither you asshat. You already made it clear you think Shitwell is "progressive house", when that is an obvious insult to the legends who helped curate it, like Gat Decor or John Digweed. And I prefer Erol Alkan for quality bangers, so eat a dick.

  18. #78

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    I prefer neither you asshat. You already made it clear you think Shitwell is "progressive house", when that is an obvious insult to the legends who helped curate it, like Gat Decor or John Digweed. And I prefer Erol Alkan for quality bangers, so eat a dick.
    Lawl. You're all over the place. Throwing together John Digweed and Erol Alkan in the same post? Hardwell is versatile so he can play progressive of electro house. Like I said you don't get to number one playing lame sets or not producing dance floor annihilators.

    Erol only produces like 1 track a year anyways. So thats a HORRIBLE example of some of produces banger(z). Riding the Boys Noize coattails until the end! And you the "indie French electro sludge" until the end! It's not 2008 anymore bro.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Lock this thread already. Waste o space!

  20. #80

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    You honestly think the Bieber act isn't a publicity stunt? Man you clearly don't know how the music industry works. He's using that to start appealing to older crowds, just as Miley Cyrus is using "twerking" to leave her young girl phase. Hardwell is a great act sure, but he doesn't come close to Marin Garrix at the pace Martin is heading... PERIOD! I can't name ONE artist in the dance world that has been as successful as Martin at the age of 17. And what's wrong with working with american pop acts? That's where the money is. I wouldn't mind making a few thousand bucks on the side while I played in dance festivals, gotta pay the bills somehow... Hardwell does the same, yet he ghost produces for dance artists. If you didn't know that then you seriously have no idea what the fuck is going on.
    You're obviously not aware that Hardwell gives back to the scene. That's why he's the number 1 DJ on the planet. You refer to where Martin is headed? HMMM, where my that be? Maybe the top of the fucking game! Hardwell is already there bro. I can see that Garrix is making a name for himself but he only has one big hit, while Hardwell (the protege of Tiesto for fucks sake) has been slaying dance floors for the past 4 years. Most importantly he did it through the EDM circuit, meaning he played the songs ravers wanted to hear. Could you imagine if your favorite DJ started playing pop tunes to a massive rave crowd? I honestly believe Hardwell hasn't reached his full potential. Garrix is making a fast climb but he's like number 40 in the polls and there are legends who are legions ahead of this kid (namely Hardwell). He may have his day, but right now it's HW all day baby.

  21. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Lawl. You're all over the place. Throwing together John Digweed and Erol Alkan in the same post? Hardwell is versatile so he can play progressive of electro house. Like I said you don't get to number one playing lame sets or not producing dance floor annihilators.
    You're a dipshit EDM tard, Hardwell is versatile? Is THAT WHY ALL HIS FUCKING SETS SOUND THE SAME?

    Actually, with the rise of shitty EDM, you do get to number one playing lame as fuck prerecorded sets these days. Wasn't the case 10-15 years ago obviously.

    Again, do you know what progressive house is? Do the names Global Underground, Renaissance, Jukebox in the Sky, Deconstruction, Junior Boy's Own, etc. mean absolutely anything to you? You won't see Sasha or John Digweed or even Dave Seaman play any of Shitwell's tracks if he really was "progressive house".

    Erol only produces like 1 track a year anyways. So thats a HORRIBLE example of some of produces banger(z). Riding the Boys Noize coattails until the end! And you the "indie French electro sludge" until the end! It's not 2008 anymore bro.
    Actually, he just came out with some stuff on his Phantasy label recently, and sounds a fuckload better than your shitty Hardwell bullshit.

    He doesn't need to ride on anyone's coattails you dunce, he's an established DJ and producer with many years in the game... which is why Daft Punk commissioned him to remix one of their tracks a while back and not fucking Hardwell. Not to mention that Alkan still remixes awesome acts like Tame Impala. Hardwell will never have the indie cred that Erol Alkan does.

    Now go sit in the corner you reject.

  22. #82

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    You're a dipshit EDM tard, Hardwell is versatile? Is THAT WHY ALL HIS FUCKING SETS SOUND THE SAME?

    Actually, with the rise of shitty EDM, you do get to number one playing lame as fuck prerecorded sets these days. Wasn't the case 10-15 years ago obviously.

    Again, do you know what progressive house is? Do the names Global Underground, Renaissance, Jukebox in the Sky, Deconstruction, Junior Boy's Own, etc. mean absolutely anything to you? You won't see Sasha or John Digweed or even Dave Seaman play any of Shitwell's tracks if he really was "progressive house".



    Actually, he just came out with some stuff on his Phantasy label recently, and sounds a fuckload better than your shitty Hardwell bullshit.

    He doesn't need to ride on anyone's coattails you dunce, he's an established DJ and producer with many years in the game... which is why Daft Punk commissioned him to remix one of their tracks a while back and not fucking Hardwell. Not to mention that Alkan still remixes awesome acts like Tame Impala. Hardwell will never have the indie cred that Erol Alkan does.

    Now go sit in the corner you reject.
    Much rustle bro...much rustles..

    Hardwell plays different sets all the time. Just compare his Ibiza club sets to his EDC MAINSTAGE sets. You don't appeal to millions across the globe by playing prerecorded sets (honestly though, I don't think he prerecords). He's the number 1 DJ because he's a great person and his musical releases have be consistently quality. Listen to his track "Cobra"... That's an absolute banger. I enjoy how he combines the trancey/Digweed-esque breakdowns with the massive Techno bass drops.

    Btw, I don't need to know whatever Bedrock Recordings or the now irrelevant Global Underground is shelling out to KNOW what's hot right now... I don't care that Alkan remixes Tame Impala. Indie-cred? You just exposed yourself for being one of those newcomer indie-electro posers. Have you nay idea of what the current rave culture is like? It has very little to do with Ed Banger and the Frenchies. Get over it, this is the new progressive. Hater.

  23. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Much rustle bro...much rustles..

    Hardwell plays different sets all the time. Just compare his Ibiza club sets to his EDC MAINSTAGE sets. You don't appeal to millions across the globe by playing prerecorded sets (honestly though, I don't think he prerecords). He's the number 1 DJ because he's a great person and his musical releases have be consistently quality. Listen to his track "Cobra"... That's an absolute banger. I enjoy how he combines the trancey/Digweed-esque breakdowns with the massive Techno bass drops.
    Good God, is this real life? IT STILL SOUNDS THE FUCKING SAME YOU CLOWN! His Ibiza club sets, mainstage festival sets, ALL THE FUCKING SAME WITH SHITTY ASS MASHUPS AND WHAT NOT. I've had the misfortune to see him here in Dallas 2 years ago at a club called Zouk, and then again last year at Coachella for 10 minutes (which I'll never get back), and guess what? I noticed absolutely no variation between the two, so his club sets and his festival sets are still the same.

    He's the number 1 DJ because 99% of his fanbase are delusional furry boot wearing ass clowns who don't have a clue on quality music.

    Btw, I don't need to know whatever Bedrock Recordings or the now irrelevant Global Underground is shelling out to KNOW what's hot right now... I don't care that Alkan remixes Tame Impala. Indie-cred? You just exposed yourself for being one of those newcomer indie-electro posers. Have you nay idea of what the current rave culture is like? It has very little to do with Ed Banger and the Frenchies. Get over it, this is the new progressive. Hater.
    Newcomer "indie-electro posers"? hahahahaha what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

    Ed Banger is still relevant, Busy P just doesn't need to put out the same horseshit that your cheesedick DJ's put out on a regular basis. He has spoken out against EDM and he's still doing pretty well. Speaking of which, Busy P and his label have had an appearance on Boiler Room, now when will Shitwell get a Boiler Room set? Oh wait LOL

    It ain't progressive you dunce, it's like labeling Kings Of Leon as "indie rock". It sure as fuck ain't "indie", now eat a dick already.

  24. #84
    Member Kindoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Culver Shitty, CA
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    sonicc you're my hero
    crab fries

  25. #85

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    This thread is amazing. It's like watching two guys argue over which of their poops are the best.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

  26. #86

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    You're obviously not aware that Hardwell gives back to the scene. That's why he's the number 1 DJ on the planet. You refer to where Martin is headed? HMMM, where my that be? Maybe the top of the fucking game! Hardwell is already there bro. I can see that Garrix is making a name for himself but he only has one big hit, while Hardwell (the protege of Tiesto for fucks sake) has been slaying dance floors for the past 4 years. Most importantly he did it through the EDM circuit, meaning he played the songs ravers wanted to hear. Could you imagine if your favorite DJ started playing pop tunes to a massive rave crowd? I honestly believe Hardwell hasn't reached his full potential. Garrix is making a fast climb but he's like number 40 in the polls and there are legends who are legions ahead of this kid (namely Hardwell). He may have his day, but right now it's HW all day baby.
    You do realize being #1 on DJ Mag does not equal being the #1 DJ right? You don't think Hardwell would rather be in Martin's or Harris' shoes? Harris made 46 million dollars last year, I think that's better than any shitty trophy they get from DJ Mag. Martin will be making that MONEY PLUS will be ranking in these "charts". His skills are undeniably better than Hardwell's and he's 8 years younger. And yes I can imagine my favorite DJ playing pop tunes, they do it all the time. Hardwell has remixed countless pop acts.

    Hardwell hit his peak reaching #1, that's it. None of his songs have been played on American radio and Martin is already accomplishing that. Why do you think iTunes/Spotify/Beatport and almost every musical outlet want to interview Martin? Because he's the goddamn future that's why my good sir.

  27. #87
    Member efrain44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Even though Sonic C is a troll, you have to admit, he makes some pretty good points.

  28. #88

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    You do realize being #1 on DJ Mag does not equal being the #1 DJ right? You don't think Hardwell would rather be in Martin's or Harris' shoes? Harris made 46 million dollars last year, I think that's better than any shitty trophy they get from DJ Mag. Martin will be making that MONEY PLUS will be ranking in these "charts". His skills are undeniably better than Hardwell's and he's 8 years younger. And yes I can imagine my favorite DJ playing pop tunes, they do it all the time. Hardwell has remixed countless pop acts.

    Hardwell hit his peak reaching #1, that's it. None of his songs have been played on American radio and Martin is already accomplishing that. Why do you think iTunes/Spotify/Beatport and almost every musical outlet want to interview Martin? Because he's the goddamn future that's why my good sir.
    Hmm, well maybe we have different ideas of success. Although Clavin and Martin have been making inroads with the Hollywood scene (I'll give you that), I believe what Hardwell is creating is his legacy. The fans voted him as the number 1 DJ in the world so his fan base is obviously dedicated to his DJ career. Neither of the two pop DJs you mentioned are capable of smashing a crowd like Hardwell can. Have you even seen his most recent Ultra set? He's working on yet another track with Tiesto, likely the greatest DJ/legend of the past decade! His place is cemented in the EDM scene and isn't spreading himself thin like Calvin or Garrix (is about to). Can you name a banger produced by Clavin in the last 6 months? I doubt it... Look, you're saying that success in this scene amounts to radio airplay and money. I think the scene would rather have a sick DJ with massive productions as only DJs like Hardwell or Tiesto can deliver.

    Hollywood stardom can be so fleeting... it's the case with these pop acts as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Garrix or Harris replaced with another hot commodity in a year or two. Hardwell earned his stripes and is in it for the love of the music. I guess we have different ideas of what matters... I care about the dedication to the scene and the craft of DJing.

  29. #89
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    reading the phrase "Hardwell is a legend in the EDM scene" did something terrible to my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  30. #90

    Default Re: MARTIN GARRIX

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourhouse View Post
    Hmm, well maybe we have different ideas of success. Although Clavin and Martin have been making inroads with the Hollywood scene (I'll give you that), I believe what Hardwell is creating is his legacy. The fans voted him as the number 1 DJ in the world so his fan base is obviously dedicated to his DJ career. Neither of the two pop DJs you mentioned are capable of smashing a crowd like Hardwell can. Have you even seen his most recent Ultra set? He's working on yet another track with Tiesto, likely the greatest DJ/legend of the past decade! His place is cemented in the EDM scene and isn't spreading himself thin like Calvin or Garrix (is about to). Can you name a banger produced by Clavin in the last 6 months? I doubt it... Look, you're saying that success in this scene amounts to radio airplay and money. I think the scene would rather have a sick DJ with massive productions as only DJs like Hardwell or Tiesto can deliver.

    Hollywood stardom can be so fleeting... it's the case with these pop acts as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Garrix or Harris replaced with another hot commodity in a year or two. Hardwell earned his stripes and is in it for the love of the music. I guess we have different ideas of what matters... I care about the dedication to the scene and the craft of DJing.
    What you don't comprehend is Martin has already accomplished EVERYTHING Hardwell has at the age of 17. Nowadays DJs aren't a 1 man train, they are ran by 5-10 people who are constantly making sure they have access to everything they need. Martin will now have access to writers who create #1 Billboard charts. Having #1 Billboard charts = more fans, more fans = more success & more votes to be the #1 DJ. He also has an advantage because he's 8 years younger than Hardwell. Martin doesn't even have 1 full year in the game and he's a higher bill than Hardwell at Coachella, headlining Ultra and countless other festivals. When Martin is Hardwell's age he will be untouchable. NO DJ IN HISTORY HAS HAD THE SUCCESS MARTIN IS HAVING AT HIS AGE, PERIOD, NOT EVEN TIESTO. Seems like Hardwell is just riding Tiesto's dick to stay relevant while Tiesto WANTS to work with Martin to keep himself in the game.

    Calvin Harris sings and writes. Don't compare him to Hardwell you look foolish. Can I name a banger? Sure - an album that set records worldwide. http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...k-chart-record

    CAN HARDWELL EVEN PRODUCE AN ALBUM BRO!?

    And finally, Hardwell is a punk who used bootlegs to gain fan base. Luckily, the GODS put him in his place.


    If Swedish House Mafia was still around... WHEW.... this fucking conversation would BE DONE my friend.
    Last edited by sonicc; 01-27-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Martin Garrix
    By Joyrider in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. Steve Martin for 2013
    By gaypalmsprings in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 07:45 AM
  3. Martin Solveig & Dragonette
    By Nealocus in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
  4. Martin Louis The King Jr
    By buddy in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:10 PM
  5. Martin Gore thred
    By cooperb1 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •