Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 151617181920

Thread: 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread??

Default Re: 2014 Set Times Prediction Thread??

Quote Originally Posted by mmblack View Post
    I sense the dance acts could be placed a lot differently, and seeing as I comfortable calling that my area of expertise as it's sort of what pays the bills, I'll offer my two cents here (times provided for Yuma, not for Sahara but Sahara in order I imagine):

FRIDAY YUMA
    Dixon 1045-0100a
    Damian Lazarus 0900-1045
    Solomun 0730-900
    Duke Dumont 0600-0730
    Hot Since 82 0445-0600
    Nina Kraviz 0330-0445
    DJ Falcon 0200-330
    Davide Squillace 0100-0230

FRIDAY SAHARA
    Zedd
    The Glitch Mob
    Girl Talk
    Martin Garrix
    Carnage
    Gareth Emery
    Deorro
    Mako
    Carbon Airways

SATURDAY YUMA
    Fatboy Slim 1030-0100a
    Tiga 0830-1030
    Guy Gerber 0630-0830
    Cajmere 0500-630
    The Magician 330-500
    Nicole Moudaber 230-330
    Local opener 0100-230

SATURDAY SAHARA
    Headhunterz (only play until 1230 or so, so everyone floods Main for Skrillex)
    Dillon Francis
    RL Grime
    GTA
    TJR
    Galantis
    MAKJ
    Netsky
    UZ

SATURDAY MAIN STAGE CLOSER
    Skrillex - like it or not it’s happening 1150-0100

SUNDAY YUMA
    Maceo Plex 0945-1200
    Art Department 0800-0945
    Laurent Garnier 0530-0800
    Lee Burridge 0400-0530
    The Martinez Brothers 0245-400
    Scuba 0130-245
    Bicep 1200-0130

SUNDAY SAHARA
    Calvin Harris
    Alesso
    Duck Sauce
    Flosstradamus
    Adventure Club
    Krewella
    Showtek
    Aeroplane
    Anna Lunoe
    Fatboy slim will NOT be in the Yuma. He plays main stage at ultra FFS. That is just crazy talk.

There's just no way Fatboy Slim plays the Yuma.

And John Beaver confirmed himself for The Sahara, which also confirms my suspicion that Aeroplane will play the Mojave or Gobi instead
    Last edited by mikey1313666; 01-27-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

the yuma for fatboy slim??? is this a fucking joke
    I also don't think maceo plex will close the yuma on Saturday. I think it will be either Laurent Garnier or art department.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    There's just no way Fatboy Slim plays the Yuma.

And John Beaver confirmed himself for The Sahara, which also confirms my suspicion that Aeroplane will play the Mojave or Gobi instead
    Quote Originally Posted by rs.paris View Post
    the yuma for fatboy slim??? is this a fucking joke
    I also don't think maceo plex will close the yuma on Saturday. I think it will be either Laurent Garnier or art department.
    There is a SERIOUS lack of talent to fill the Yuma on Saturday. Even having the Magician in there doesn't feel right. Skrillex will be on the main, and the Yuma is bigger this year. What better way to treat the older fans of dance music than with a special set by Fatboy Slim in a more intimate environment. Yes, Fatboy Slim "plays main stage at Ultra FFS" but do you really think he means anything to the kids at that fucking festival in that fucking crowd? Fuck no. He hasn't for years. They're there because it's the main stage and they're rolling too hard to walk away for forty minutes between Hardwell and Alesso's sets.

If at the end of Saturday night there's a Main Stage dance act on (Skrillex), a niche genre dance act in the Sahara (like Headhunterz, similar to when Datsik played during SHM in 2012) and then another act in a larger improved Yuma, that's plenty of dance music to go around.

It's a stretch, and frankly I'd like for Fatboy to be in the Sahara because otherwise I have very little reason to go there all weekend, but having Fatboy Slim play a unique non-recycled main stage garbage set to an actually appreciative crowd sounds like something he would be interested in and could be convinced to do. Lord knows he has the chops to do it.

Also re: Maceo closing, I only lean towards Maceo over Art Department because he's much more of a rare act that AD at this point in the market.

PS Settle down kids, it's a prediction thread.
    PPS rs.paris do you go to UCSB or SBCC? I just want to know if I should be speaking to you with any sense of respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

the Yuma is bigger this year.
    Is there source for this? Or is it just your guess?

I fully support the idea of Fatboy Slim closing Yuma ... but it's not going to happen. Luciano/Richie Hawtin/Jamie Jones closed Yuma last year and they were billed 4/4/5th line
    OutKast / The Replacements / Chromeo / Bonobo / Bryan Ferry / Flume / Jagwar Ma / Shlohmo

Muse / Queens of the Stone Age / Pet Shop Boys / CHVRCHES / Mogwai / Tiga / Holy Ghost!

Arcade Fire / Beck / Neutral Milk Hotel / Disclosure / STRFKR / AlunaGeorge / Flight Facilities / Blood Orange

It was told to me by someone working with the festival. It won't be significantly larger, but there was almost constantly a line outside the Yuma to get in last year, and "underground" dance music is getting increasingly popular since last year's festival, so makes quite a bit of sense.
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    Is there source for this? Or is it just your guess?

I fully support the idea of Fatboy Slim closing Yuma ... but it's not going to happen. Luciano/Richie Hawtin/Jamie Jones closed Yuma last year and they were billed 4/4/5th line
    there are plenty of sources on this. use the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I've told these clowns the yuma is going to bigger 50 fucking times already.

Fatboy still won't close it. Expect Saturday to be the day of local DJ tack-ons to the yuma.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's gonna be bigger, just a matter of how much. I was wondering if there was any confirmation that specifies size/capacity ... I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.
    OutKast / The Replacements / Chromeo / Bonobo / Bryan Ferry / Flume / Jagwar Ma / Shlohmo

Muse / Queens of the Stone Age / Pet Shop Boys / CHVRCHES / Mogwai / Tiga / Holy Ghost!

Arcade Fire / Beck / Neutral Milk Hotel / Disclosure / STRFKR / AlunaGeorge / Flight Facilities / Blood Orange

There is a SERIOUS lack of talent to fill the Yuma on Saturday. Even having the Magician in there doesn't feel right. Skrillex will be on the main, and the Yuma is bigger this year. What better way to treat the older fans of dance music than with a special set by Fatboy Slim in a more intimate environment. Yes, Fatboy Slim "plays main stage at Ultra FFS" but do you really think he means anything to the kids at that fucking festival in that fucking crowd? Fuck no. He hasn't for years. They're there because it's the main stage and they're rolling too hard to walk away for forty minutes between Hardwell and Alesso's sets.

If at the end of Saturday night there's a Main Stage dance act on (Skrillex), a niche genre dance act in the Sahara (like Headhunterz, similar to when Datsik played during SHM in 2012) and then another act in a larger improved Yuma, that's plenty of dance music to go around.

It's a stretch, and frankly I'd like for Fatboy to be in the Sahara because otherwise I have very little reason to go there all weekend, but having Fatboy Slim play a unique non-recycled main stage garbage set to an actually appreciative crowd sounds like something he would be interested in and could be convinced to do. Lord knows he has the chops to do it.

Also re: Maceo closing, I only lean towards Maceo over Art Department because he's much more of a rare act that AD at this point in the market.

PS Settle down kids, it's a prediction thread.
    PPS rs.paris do you go to UCSB or SBCC? I just want to know if I should be speaking to you with any sense of respect...
    I agree with what you're saying and understand where you are coming from about fatboy slim. Would it be cool if he plays in the yuma? Sure. But he's not going to. He's going to be placed in the Sahara where he'll be playing straight cheese.

I still don't see Calvin Harris vs Arcade Fire happening

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I still don't see Calvin Harris vs Arcade Fire happening
    Why? 90% (conservative estimate) of people who like Arcade Fire probably have zero intention of seeing Calvin Harris and vice versa. They had Steve Angello on during their set in 2011. The only other option is Alesso, but knowing Calvin's people they wouldn't let that happen.
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

Why? 90% (conservative estimate) of people who like Arcade Fire probably have zero intention of seeing Calvin Harris and vice versa. They had Steve Angello on during their set in 2011. The only other option is Alesso, but knowing Calvin's people they wouldn't let that happen.
    I think the argument here is that the biggest dance act typically doesn't conflict with the Headliner. Especially a fucking ridiculously famous and high paid DJ like Calvin Harris.

Isn't he, like, the highest fucking paid DJ in the world right now? By a good 15 mil or something?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

On top of all that it's the 1st and 3rd names on the bill. It just doesn't seem likely.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    On top of all that it's the 1st and 3rd names on the bill. It just doesn't seem likely.
    Exactly.

I was thinking, will Krewella bring that huge stage set up they've been playing with?

Thoughts on Krewella closing the Sahara against Arcade Fire?

Yes, Fatboy Slim "plays main stage at Ultra FFS" but do you really think he means anything to the kids at that fucking festival in that fucking crowd? Fuck no. He hasn't for years. They're there because it's the main stage and they're rolling too hard to walk away for forty minutes between Hardwell and Alesso's sets.
    Which is exactly how its going to go down in the sahara as well

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I think the argument here is that the biggest dance act typically doesn't conflict with the Headliner. Especially a fucking ridiculously famous and high paid DJ like Calvin Harris.
    Bassnectar played against the Stone Roses and Knife Party against Phoenix. Prydz was the second billed "dance act" after Pretty Lights.

So last year they had all the biggest dance acts against the headliner

Quote Originally Posted by wompwomp View Post
    Bassnectar played against the Stone Roses and Knife Party against Phoenix. Prydz was the second billed "dance act" after Pretty Lights.

Neither Bassnectar, Knife Party nor Pretty Lights/Eric Prydz were on the second line, let alone billed 3rd on their day.

Putting EotS in the Sahara during the sKriLLexX+x on the Main bs would actually make sense.

With Fatboy Slim playing right before EotS, and the gap in time between sets it takes to set up the latter's band, SkRilleXxxx could def be a plausible main stage closer.
    Herding time for the idiots from the Sahara to the Main, while Foster the People play a much anticipated set to close the Outdoor because of their tone deaf billing on the top line. So, that's three cluttered stages while Pet Shop Boys makes the crowd bro out on each other in the Mojave and Kid Cudi does his shit in the Gobi.

Main-
    QotSA >Muse> SkriLL at 11:40

Outdoor-
    Pharrell> Lorde> (starting 40min. before SkRiLL)Foster the People

Mojave-
    Nas> Sleigh Bells> Pet Shop Boys

Gobi-
    CHVRCHES> The Head and the Heart> KidCudi

Sahara-
    Netsky> Fatboy Slim> EotS
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by wompwomp View Post

Right, except for the part where Pretty Lights and Moby both didn't conflict with the headliner. And since Blur and Stone Roses were both co-headlining, the biggest dance name was going to have to conflict one way or the other.

I don't understand why you guys don't get this. Coachella recognizes that their audience isn't split between people who JUST want to see dance music and people who JUST want to see whatever's on the main stage. So naturally, they stagger the set times so that people can catch the biggest attractions from both sides whenever possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

It was told to me by someone working with the festival. It won't be significantly larger, but there was almost constantly a line outside the Yuma to get in last year, and "underground" dance music is getting increasingly popular since last year's festival, so makes quite a bit of sense.
    And hopefully its NOT a matter of time before those douche fucks from the Sahara start taking over the good stuff. sigh ...At least those DJs/artists are starting to get the deserved recognition they deserve even though its been around for a long time.
    Last edited by jumpstart; 01-29-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Right, except for the part where Pretty Lights and Moby both didn't conflict with the headliner. And since Blur and Stone Roses were both co-headlining, the biggest dance name was going to have to conflict one way or the other.

I don't understand why you guys don't get this. Coachella recognizes that their audience isn't split between people who JUST want to see dance music and people who JUST want to see whatever's on the main stage. So naturally, they stagger the set times so that people can catch the biggest attractions from both sides whenever possible.

finally. someone with brains

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
    Outdoor-
    Pharrell> Lorde> (starting 40min. before SkRiLL)Foster the People
    Why on Earth would Pharrell open up for Lorde and FTP on the Outdoor? If anything, in your scenario I think Pharrell closes the outdoor against Skrillex.

It's also really weird that you have this faux-americana semi-bluegrass band playing second to last in the Gobi, sandwiched between Chvrches and Kid Cudi. The Head and the Heart will play during the daytime, guaranteed.

Also there are single day threads you could be putting this all in now
    you are soooooooo good lookin

yep, and CHVRCHES will be in the Mojave in the SMD slot. I'd stake several Heinekens on it
    ? - Xiu Xiu - Bottom of the Hill
    4/28 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion - GAMH
    5/8 - Acid Mothers Temple - Bottom of the Hill
    5/30-6/1 - Bottlerocket - Napa
    7/2 - Deafhaven - GAMH
    7/7 - Nick Cave - Warfield
    8/10-8/12 - Outside Lands
    8/24 - NIN, Soundgarden and Death Grips - Shoreline

Where the bros at?

Hint: They usually gets there by 4-5 pm and later than that on Sunday.

Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 8.31.27 PM.jpg

idea: We should keep an updated 'broschedule' for the good of the community.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

idea: You should learn how to post a photo.

can we lock this thread?