Thread: J Roddy Walston and the Business

Default J Roddy Walston and the Business

Well... it was an actual surprise to see them on the lineup. Essential Tremors is a pretty good album and it makes me feel better of not seeing Dr. Dog in the lineup.

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Default Re: J Roddy Walston and the Business

One of my finest small-print discoveries yet. Perfect thing to wake things up on Suday.

Writeup
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Looking forward to this. Rousing start to the day on the Outdoor would be perfect

The first time I heard Heavy Bells I was intrigued. The second time I was turned off. Wasn't planning on checking them out but that may change.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Looking forward to this. Rousing start to the day on the Outdoor would be perfect
    this ^^ just like The Sheepdogs did on the Friday a couple of years ago
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    One of my finest small-print discoveries yet. Perfect thing to wake things up on Suday.

Writeup
    This. Really stoked to see them.

Hoping they aren't playing too early in the day. Love these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dikfore View Post
    Hoping they aren't playing too early in the day. Love these guys.
    With them so low on the poster, it's all but guaranteed they will be playing early.

J Roddy is going to rock peoples balls off. SO PSYCHED they are at Coachella...piano playing head banging at its finest.

One of my favorite discoveries this year. Too bad they're so low on the lineup...i always struggle to get in for the early bands.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Really getting into this, will most likely make it a point to catch this set.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    One of my favorite discoveries this year. Too bad they're so low on the lineup...i always struggle to get in for the early bands.
    Too bad, I've come to love those early hours...small crowds, no expectations, tons of discoveries that always surprise...there's a charge to seeing an unexpected great early set like Vintage Trouble, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, First Aid Kit, Sheepdogs, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Kate Miller-Heidke or Reignwolf have thrown down in recent years that in some ways the big acts can't match even when the fully deliver.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

^I agree. The lack of crowds is the best part. Sometimes I do make it in early enough, but depends on how the night before goes if ya know what I mean. Bummed I missed a few those acts you mentioned but I did see Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra last year and it was fuckin awesome. I will probably make it in for these guys too as I really love their sound.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    ^I agree. The lack of crowds is the best part. Sometimes I do make it in early enough, but depends on how the night before goes if ya know what I mean. Bummed I missed a few those acts you mentioned but I did see Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra last year and it was fuckin awesome. I will probably make it in for these guys too as I really love their sound.
    This year is going to be one of the first years I'll be showing up early and I'm looking forward to it. The lack of crowds sounds really nice.

Shhh. The early gigs should be our little secret!
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Don't Break the Needle was the first song to turn me onto them. So FUN! Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by LaniLove View Post
    Don't Break the Needle was the first song to turn me onto them. So FUN! Check it out!

My favorite song. I met them at a show the radio station I work at put on and begged them to play this at Coachella (they left it out of their set that night). Super nice guys.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston