Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [+] FLUME 2014

Default Re: [+] FLUME 2014

Might be a dumb question but having not seen any of these acts which is the best live

flume, poolside, classixx

I hope he plays the SYF & Fritz Helder version instead of his own. Fingers crossed.

Flume -

SYF & Fritz Helder -
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by rs.paris View Post
    Might be a dumb question but having not seen any of these acts which is the best live

Classixx > Flume > Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by jonmitz View Post
    I'm just confused as to why he wasn't booked in 2013. His album will be a year and a half old or so when Coachella rolls around, and I've seen him play 3 times - each set was more or less the same (mostly tracks from his album and a few non-Flume tracks) and after listening to his album around 30 times, don't think I could do it again. I blame myself for this.

Looking, it seems like he came out with a new single recently but I haven't checked it out. I will probably skip his set at Coachella unless he will be playing new music. Not complaining he finally got booked, it will be amazing to anyone who hasn't seen him.
    Yeah agreed, GV missed out by not booking him last year. Would have been the PERFECT time to do so, similar to Disclosure at the Gobi.

new album in the works duh
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Cool Re: [+] FLUME 2014

I've seen all three and I'd say Classixx > Poolside > Flume.

Poolside has new music coming out that is pretty great. I love Flume's music but when I saw him live it was kinda boring. That was awhile ago though so he may have improved a lot.

Classixx is so overrated for some reason, saw them a few months ago and they were terrible

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

This is my favorite find on the lineup thus far
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Haven’t caught Flume live yet, though this is definitely one of my “research discovery” acts for Coachella this year that’s near the top of my list to check out.

Actually caught Classixx and Poolside live within weeks of each other just last fall (Classixx opening for Toro Y Moi in Austin while I was there on business, then Poolside at Life Is Beautiful in Vegas).

Neither were all that great, though both were fun shows. I’d say Poolside > Classixx.

From what I’ve heard so far of Flume, I’m expecting him to be the best of the three.

I’m with summersnow – Flume into Shlohmo (or vice versa) would be very cool. Hoping to check both of them out, anyway (and no conflicts with each other!). Or with GOAT, Jagwar Ma, Woodkid, or Austra, either (though likely there will be conflicts in there somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Yeah agreed, GV missed out by not booking him last year. Would have been the PERFECT time to do so, similar to Disclosure at the Gobi.
    I think in the year preceding 2014, both Disclosure and Flume have blown up in the North American market a considerable amount, but definitely agree that they missed the boat last year. Flume's gettin' stale (for those that have been listening for awhile now, anyway!)

Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

This kid fucking murdered it!!! He's so fucking pro
    PEAK

does anyone remember what were the last 3-4 songs he played in weekend 2? or where I can find a setlist? the ending was epic

AWESOME new track that he premiered at Coachella just got released... This made the crowd explode when it dropped, great tune. https://soundcloud.com/flume/lorde-t...rt-flume-remix

So sad i had to miss this, i had to catch the Replacements but i really wanted to catch Flume

music for toddlers
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

just tried to buy tickets to his club nokia show in august.. got online exactly at the time of sale and still couldn't get tickets. sold out in about 20 minutes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE HIS SET IS. DID ANYONE RECORD IT OR POST IT AND PUT IT ONLINE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HE WAS AMAZING.