Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLICT

Default Re: CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLI

Has the second billed act every not played immediately before the headliner on the main stage? It'll be fucking weird, but I'd be shocked if it's not The Knife --> Outkast.

And I suspect Replacements will be on the outdoor between the two.

Default Re: CLEAR THE FIELDS FOR OUTKAST. NONE OF US WANT A OUTKAST/KNIFE/REPLACEMENTS CONFLI

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Ugh... this discussion again. Just like every year except for...

David Guetta on 2012, Chemical Bros closing Friday on 011, Thom Yorke in 2010, Love and Rockets in 2008, Happy Mondays 2007, Daft Punk, Massive Attack and Bloc Party in 2006, Bright Eyes in 2005, Kraftwerk in 2004... you know, almost every year.
    You might be right about the order/stage being off, but none of these artists conflicted with the headliner which I believe is the main point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanRobot74x View Post
    You might be right about the order/stage being off, but none of these artists conflicted with the headliner which I believe is the main point of this thread.
    I didn't say they should conflict

The Replacements > OutKast > the Knife

just in different stages

Edit...

Plus, I think the main stage is way to big for The Knife. I would prefer to see them in the Mojave of course but I think the middle ground between an intimate stage and capacity is the Outdoor.
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 01-09-2014 at 12:47 AM.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    I didn't say they should conflict

The Replacements > OutKast > the Knife

just in different stages
    Were on the same page then. I really don't care if someone has to play the campgrounds so long as there isn't a conflict.

Has anyone witnessed the Knife's new live production yet? I heard it was going to be a departure from the train wreck that was their last tour… maybe they will bring a stage production fitting for a big crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    When the Knife played Euro fests last year, did they do outdoor stages, or did their setup require a tent or closed roof?
    Their setup pretty much just requires a tape deck that can play the pre-recorded stuff they do jumping jacks and lip sync to.

Oh, and somewhere to put all the glittery face paint and sparkly stuff:

A large side-stage for the pentagonal jumping bench/drum.

And probably a big foot locker to hold that painting of that guy's face:

Definitely need some room for that electronic pan clarinet:

Then a large stage area for them to stretch for the first 30 minutes of the show...don't want any pulled hammys:

Absolutely need a big barrel full of gymnasts chalk so their hands don't slip when they're doing that complex cross-arm maneuver:

Finally, let's be honest. This fucking guy kinda needs his own separate stage all to himself because his master aerobicizing tends to overshadow the rest of the squad:

This > Outkast = AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This is the best headliner Coachella has had in many years and everyone should discuss Outkast more. The Coachella Stage will explode when they perform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    When the Knife played Euro fests last year, did they do outdoor stages, or did their setup require a tent or closed roof?
    They played outdoor at several fests last year.

Please don't put Jagwar Ma up against The Knife or OutKast either.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Signed. This is the only thing I'm worried about all weekend.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    That would be so perfect. It's just with Replacements being 3rd on the bill, I feel they have to close some stage.
    just like justice closed a stage and pulp closed a stage and the postal service closed a stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Signed.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Mmmyes conflict yes!!! Put the Knife on the Outdoor right on top of Outkast and divide the tides Mwahahahaha!!!

Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonFisk View Post
    Mmmyes conflict yes!!! Put the Knife on the Outdoor right on top of Outkast and divide the tides Mwahahahaha!!!
    The rage that would ensue if this happened would be pretty hilarious.

Not a huge fan of the Knife, so it wouldn't matter too much to me. However if they are playing conflict free I'll check em out
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

If it's The Replacements --> The Knife --> OutKast, that's amazing.

If it's not, that's awful.

Get there at sunset and camp out til the main stage til 1 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback
    We should be friends

I predict all of you (and myself for that matter) will be disappointed when the set times are released.
    My Arcade Fire Brooklyn review
    @cloneradio

Coachella '10, '11, '12 Weekend 1, '13 Weekend 1, '14 Weekend 1
    Lollapalooza '08, '12, '13
    Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonFisk View Post
    We should be friends
    Meet me at the front rail for the comeback. Bring drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Nah it's going to be Replacments>The Knife> Outkast on the main
    Not sure about Knife...they may still get Mojave...but Replacements for sure will be on Mainstage prior to Outkast...my guess is Bryan Ferry closes the Outdoor...unless everyone thinks that's Friday's outdoor sunset pick.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

id like to meet up to.
    ill be the white guy with a bag of blunts who know all the words

*edit. with tears in eyes for a few songs

I'm already there

Fuck. Forgot about ferry. Put Ferry on at Sunset on the Outdoor.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'd bet five churros The Replacements play opposite OutKast on the Outdoor Stage.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger19 View Post
    I predict all of you (and myself for that matter) will be disappointed when the set times are released.
    The only guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CiderMouseRules View Post
    I'd bet five churros The Replacements play opposite OutKast on the Outdoor Stage.
    I value churros way too much
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Fuck. Forgot about ferry. Put Ferry on at Sunset on the Outdoor.
    Definitely. Ferry on The Outdoor>The Mats>The Knife>Outkast on the main would be the perfect night.

anyone consider Outkast and the Knife pulling a Kings Of Leon/Chemical Brothers and having the Knife close out the mainstage?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    anyone consider Outkast and the Knife pulling a Kings Of Leon/Chemical Brothers and having the Knife close out the mainstage?
    That would make zero sense.

9/23 Modest Mouse @ Pappy & Harriet's
    10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. That would be so fucking weird...

How would that be weird? OutKast is weird as fuck. The Knife is Weird as fuck. Sounds like a perfect match for me

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    That would make zero sense.
    they did it in 2011