Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 114

Thread: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

  1. #31

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    I keep Waiting For theTalkingHeads To Reunite...But It Isn't Happening

  2. #32

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCraib View Post
    Lame line up. Friday and Saturday suck big time. OutKast? Really? The Replacements? I'm a fan but saw them last summer and they were terrible! Urgh!!!!! This may be my last Coachella and it might be time to go big in the future and go to England for a festival.
    Bye!
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

  3. #33

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    day1
    girl talk 2012
    ellie goulding 2011
    Chromeo 2011, 2008
    The Glitch Mob 2008, 2010

    day2
    muse 2010
    skrillex 2011 2013 (as dog blood)
    foster the people 2011
    MGMT 2010
    Empire of the Sun 2011
    Fatboy Slim 2008
    Nas 2011

    day3
    arcade fire 2011
    calvin harris 2012
    alesso 2012
    disclosure 2013
    duck sauce 2011
    flosstradamus 2007

    These are just the top 3 lines on each day.

    It should be called Repeatchella or Recyclechella. Coachella is no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzzzzup928 View Post
    Is Xanman really big enough to sub?
    Is Motorave going to bring enough special guests with him?
    Is Nathan Fairchild's set going to be less awesome when I reflect back on it in a few months?
    Is Bumblebee's set going to consist of her just reading coachella facts for 50 mins?
    Is Guedita going to sound more like Karin O or Alice Glass?
    Is MJA going to be the first true EDM headliner?
    So many questions...

  4. #34

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kush x OJ View Post
    day1
    girl talk 2012
    ellie goulding 2011
    Chromeo 2011, 2008
    The Glitch Mob 2008, 2010

    day2
    muse 2010
    skrillex 2011 2013 (as dog blood)
    foster the people 2011
    MGMT 2010
    Empire of the Sun 2011
    Fatboy Slim 2008
    Nas 2011

    day3
    arcade fire 2011
    calvin harris 2012
    alesso 2012
    disclosure 2013
    duck sauce 2011
    flosstradamus 2007

    These are just the top 3 lines on each day.

    It should be called Repeatchella or Recyclechella. Coachella is no more.
    Real talk, last year's top lines had their fair shares of repeats too. YYYs, The XX, Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, Benassi, Two Door Cinema Club, Yeasayer, Franz Ferdinand, Vampire Weekend, Pretty Lights, Tame Impala, Bassnectar, Passion Pit, Band of Horses, Beach House all had played within the 3 or so Coachellas before that lineup. We can argue about how they repeated the wrong acts this year, sure, totally valid, but there are always high-profile repeats. To assume otherwise is just not paying attention.

  5. #35

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    It's clear that this year Coachella went in a much more mainstream, safe, contemporary direction. It's sad to see a festival that once put together much more daring, off beat and hard to see acts slowly start to sell out and descend into a more pop friendly direction. Noticeably absent is a compelling 90s throwback band or much nostalgia of any kind. OK there might be a couple bands, but they are pretty weak compared to prior years.

    Here's to hoping that Coachella doesn't devolve into a contemporary music only festivel

  6. #36
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,109

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Well one problem is the number of festivals on the calendar. All those rare must see acts are playing them year in and year out. What can Goldenvoice do? Everyone popped up to try and be like them, many have failed, many still struggle on, but there are only so many bands around. Then you need bands that are available to play in April in Indio...for 2 weekends. And what reunions are left these days? It's so easy to just look at a lineup and judge with no idea whatsoever what really goes into booking the festival. They can only work with what is available.

  7. #37
    Member elbrycen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I really don't get why Girl Talk and MGMT are coming back so soon. I mean, they were just there, Girl Talk anyways.
    MGMT, while some may still like them, many don't so its just gonna be a set where everyone is waiting for all the popular songs from their first album and then leave.
    more room for me. their new album rocks.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

  8. #38

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    That's a fair point. I don't necessarily mean to put all the blame on Coachella. There are natural ebbs and flows in the music industry that they can't control and at the end of the day I still have immense admiration for them and the lineups they pull together every year. That being said I do think they could have maybe done a little bit better if they had really wanted to.

  9. #39
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,109

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Knowing the people that put this together, they work so hard to get the bands they do. The year McCartney played they were without him as a headliner until after Christmas, on the phone all day every day trying to solidify the lineup. Hundreds of texts a day back and forth between festival heads, etc. It is insane the amount of time and effort it takes to make a lineup like this happen and their one goal is to please the fans. That is why they do this, more so than any other festival promoter out there, guaranteed. People are under the illusion that if Goldenvoice asks, a band will just drop what they are doing for the opportunity to play. To most bands it's just another show on a tour that was routed months to a year in advance.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-10-2014 at 11:38 PM.

  10. #40
    Member JelloPuddingChat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Well one problem is the number of festivals on the calendar. All those rare must see acts are playing them year in and year out. What can Goldenvoice do? Everyone popped up to try and be like them, many have failed, many still struggle on, but there are only so many bands around. Then you need bands that are available to play in April in Indio...for 2 weekends. And what reunions are left these days? It's so easy to just look at a lineup and judge with no idea whatsoever what really goes into booking the festival. They can only work with what is available.
    These are good points, even though they do seem a bit less daring and more mainstream friendly. The headliners basically lock with the Outkast leak, the huge Muse interview hint and the obvious AF tour dates. There was just something a little anticlimactic about other big names due to prior touring they've done. The Knife were already touring and Neutral Milk/the Replacements announced reunions that began elsewhere. We're so used to having Coachella get the Reunions or hiatus ending bookings first, like with the Pixies, Daft Punk, Refused, DFA and others, that this year didn't rock us upon initial release. I think we've been spoiled too much. Over the last several years there have been nothing but desperate pleas for Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements and NMH and now we have them all. Fucking 3 on the same day. I understand the frustration. It's the weakest line up overall for me too. But let's relax and do some research. It may be cool to not have to run around and try to 13 acts in one day, no?
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

  11. #41

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Knowing the people that put this together, they work so hard to get the bands they do. The year McCartney played they were without him as a headliner until after Christmas, on the phone all day every day trying to solidify the lineup. Hundreds of texts a day back and forth between festival heads, etc. It is insane the amount of time and effort it takes to make a lineup like this happen and their one goal is to please the fans. That is why they do this, more so than any other festival promoter out there, guaranteed. People are under the illusion that if Goldenvoice asks, a band will just drop what they are doing for the opportunity to play. To most bands it's just another show on a tour that was routed months to a year in advance.
    On this note, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to juggle all these acts with regards to booking, lineup placement AND set times. It must be near impossible to keep everyone sufficiently satisfied with all the various egos conflicting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  12. #42
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Well one problem is the number of festivals on the calendar. All those rare must see acts are playing them year in and year out. What can Goldenvoice do? Everyone popped up to try and be like them, many have failed, many still struggle on, but there are only so many bands around. Then you need bands that are available to play in April in Indio...for 2 weekends. And what reunions are left these days? It's so easy to just look at a lineup and judge with no idea whatsoever what really goes into booking the festival. They can only work with what is available.
    Voice of reason, I've been screaming this and no one seems to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  13. #43
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    And back when it was released, everyone was saying how shitty the lineup was because Jack Johnson and Portishead were not headliners.
    I was one of them. More so because I was of the WTF is Jack Johnson school and everyone was hyping other headliners. That is to this day the best Coachella I've ever attended.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  14. #44
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,264

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Holy shit!!!!! People are being logical and making smart comments on a message board. I like it.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  15. #45
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The "NO"
    Posts
    1,818

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Knowing the people that put this together, they work so hard to get the bands they do. The year McCartney played they were without him as a headliner until after Christmas, on the phone all day every day trying to solidify the lineup. Hundreds of texts a day back and forth between festival heads, etc. It is insane the amount of time and effort it takes to make a lineup like this happen and their one goal is to please the fans. That is why they do this, more so than any other festival promoter out there, guaranteed. People are under the illusion that if Goldenvoice asks, a band will just drop what they are doing for the opportunity to play. To most bands it's just another show on a tour that was routed months to a year in advance.

    SIGGED! for the '14 season

    Thanks Steve
    Papi Piratón!

  16. #46

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Festivals aren't new anymore, there are many who try to copy. If you have been going to Coachella 5 plus years in a row its probably expected there will be some repeats. Im excited for what they have put together and undoubtedly the will have some awesome surprises. Coachella has the best atmosphere of any US festival hands down.

  17. #47
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  18. #48
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,084

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Ugh, we all know it's not easy to book a festival. No one is saying it has to be every dream act on our wishlist. We're just asking for a couple more adventurous bookings. In another thread, I listed like 25+ acts that had albums out last year that would make for really fresh, interesting bookings than some of these awful, snoozy repeats. I have no doubt they're trying to appeal to their audience, but their audience is shifting in a certain direction. Obviously not all of those acts are available, but 2 or 3 of them surely would be in place of a boring act that played twice in the past five years. And these are mostly smaller print bands. I think the rare, big print stuff is where the lineup really excels this year (excluding Saturday), it's just that the undercard is so completely underwhelming. You look at an older poster and the lower line acts are now bigger names and have proven to having a lasting impact. Obviously not every single one, but a surprisingly large number. When I look at this poster, I see acts that people already have considered to be washed up, little lone be relevant a few years down the line. I simply just don't buy the line that every interesting band is unable to commit and we have to settle for Cage The Elephant, MGMT, Beady Eye and Sleigh Bells, especially when there's stories of board members talking to bands who say they'd love to play but weren't even approached. It's just a different festival now, it has been for years, they still throw a few bones to the original demographic (and there was kind of hope for the way things were going with how many they threw us last year), but it's really the laziness of the undercard that makes this seem so lackluster when that was usually the strongest card GV had to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  19. #49
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,027

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    This is actually the best line-up Goldenvoice put out in years. Well, that is if you like underground house & techno. Tiga, Scuba, Duke Dumont, Bicep, Maceo Plex, Hot Since 82, Solomun, Cajmere, Nina Kraviz, Art Department, The Martinez Brothers, Dixon, Guy Gerber and Laurent Garnier are all great. Even some of the more popular electronic acts like Disclosure, Flume, and Fatboy Slim are excellent choices. If you like molly, and want to roll for three days straight, this is probably the line-up for you...

    With the exception of the larger acts, all of these dj's play NYC (namely Output) more than once a year. I'll be patiently waiting for the Knife to announce NYC show(s) next week and the Replacements sometime in the near future

    ps Lorde ahead of the Pet Shop Boys! Are you serious!?!? And I wonder how Bryan Ferry feels after a 42 year career being billed below Chromeo and HAIM. Lastly seeing the words 'Lana del Ray' right next to 'Motörhead' =

    7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  20. #50
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,025

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    This is actually the best line-up Goldenvoice put out in years. Well, that is if you like underground house & techno. Tiga, Scuba, Duke Dumont, Bicep, Maceo Plex, Hot Since 82, Solomun, Cajmere, Nina Kraviz, Art Department, The Martinez Brothers, Dixon, Guy Gerber and Laurent Garnier are all great. Even some of the more popular electronic acts like Disclosure, Flume, and Fatboy Slim are excellent choices. If you like molly, and want to roll for three days straight, this is probably the line-up for you...
    This is the best line-up in years if you want to go to Electric Daisy Carnival.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  21. #51
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,966

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Knowing the people that put this together, they work so hard to get the bands they do. The year McCartney played they were without him as a headliner until after Christmas, on the phone all day every day trying to solidify the lineup. Hundreds of texts a day back and forth between festival heads, etc. It is insane the amount of time and effort it takes to make a lineup like this happen and their one goal is to please the fans. That is why they do this, more so than any other festival promoter out there, guaranteed. People are under the illusion that if Goldenvoice asks, a band will just drop what they are doing for the opportunity to play. To most bands it's just another show on a tour that was routed months to a year in advance.
    I understand this.

    There remains a valid question why some acts have high profile bookings 4 times in 9 years while other acts like Neil Young, Pearl Jam or David Byrne and a couple dozen other notable new/old acts that have never set foot on the polo grounds in the past 15 years despite playing other international festivals.

  22. #52

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    I'm fine with this year's line-up. I mean, I can think of a dozen headliners I'd rather have had than The Outkast, but that's just personal taste. I didn't like Jack Johnson for a headliner, either. There's plenty of other acts I want to see on all three days this time. It's funny to read some of these threads, actually. I find the line-up a bit too heavy on "electronica/techo" overall, and yet many of you think there's not enough "quality" electro/techno this year. It's all about perspectives, isn't it?
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

  23. #53

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    This is actually the best line-up Goldenvoice put out in years. Well, that is if you like underground house & techno. Tiga, Scuba, Duke Dumont, Bicep, Maceo Plex, Hot Since 82, Solomun, Cajmere, Nina Kraviz, Art Department, The Martinez Brothers, Dixon, Guy Gerber and Laurent Garnier are all great. Even some of the more popular electronic acts like Disclosure, Flume, and Fatboy Slim are excellent choices. If you like molly, and want to roll for three days straight, this is probably the line-up for you...
    Wow cool, anyone who glanced at the RA top 100 could have booked any of those. Not to mention they play California every 6 months or so...where the hell are acts like Moderat, Actress, Fuck Buttons, Jon Hopkins, James Holden, Evian Christ, Lee Bannon, Machinedrum, Oneohtrix Point Never, etc. Where are the electronic acts that can close out a tent? You really think going to Coachella and being in the Yuma tent is a good Coachella experience? Hearing DJ's that have played the west coast countless times? Sorry but that's just sad

  24. #54
    Member welgo800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    338

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    how bout this.....YOU ARE ALL OLD!

    what happened to discovery at coachella? the headliners are just the cherry on top of the coachella sundae. get over yourselves and quit being a bunch of cry babies. better YOU don't go anyway!
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

    Learn it. Know it. Live it.

  25. #55
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    It sold out.

    Apparently people like the lineup. I thought last years was underwhelming, but in reality, I'm just moving away from the Coachella demographic. I mean we can't blame Coachella for the lack of decent music in these modern times. They book what will sell out two weekends. We now get a handful of amazing acts, but an Outkast reunion isn't enough for me to commit to a weekend. I want single day tickets again for a shit lineup like this, but if lineups like this continue to sell out, then GV won't do anything.

    I mean they could pay U2 a large sum of money to play for them, but they'd rather get arcade fire and muse. They spent their bank on acts in the past (Prince!) & established their brand, now they don't have to have the best festival lineups ever.

  26. #56
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,886

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Ugh, we all know it's not easy to book a festival. No one is saying it has to be every dream act on our wishlist. We're just asking for a couple more adventurous bookings. In another thread, I listed like 25+ acts that had albums out last year that would make for really fresh, interesting bookings than some of these awful, snoozy repeats. I have no doubt they're trying to appeal to their audience, but their audience is shifting in a certain direction. Obviously not all of those acts are available, but 2 or 3 of them surely would be in place of a boring act that played twice in the past five years. And these are mostly smaller print bands. I think the rare, big print stuff is where the lineup really excels this year (excluding Saturday), it's just that the undercard is so completely underwhelming. You look at an older poster and the lower line acts are now bigger names and have proven to having a lasting impact. Obviously not every single one, but a surprisingly large number. When I look at this poster, I see acts that people already have considered to be washed up, little lone be relevant a few years down the line. I simply just don't buy the line that every interesting band is unable to commit and we have to settle for Cage The Elephant, MGMT, Beady Eye and Sleigh Bells, especially when there's stories of board members talking to bands who say they'd love to play but weren't even approached. It's just a different festival now, it has been for years, they still throw a few bones to the original demographic (and there was kind of hope for the way things were going with how many they threw us last year), but it's really the laziness of the undercard that makes this seem so lackluster when that was usually the strongest card GV had to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    It sold out.

    Apparently people like the lineup. I thought last years was underwhelming, but in reality, I'm just moving away from the Coachella demographic. I mean we can't blame Coachella for the lack of decent music in these modern times. They book what will sell out two weekends. We now get a handful of amazing acts, but an Outkast reunion isn't enough for me to commit to a weekend. I want single day tickets again for a shit lineup like this, but if lineups like this continue to sell out, then GV won't do anything.

    I mean they could pay U2 a large sum of money to play for them, but they'd rather get arcade fire and muse. They spent their bank on acts in the past (Prince!) & established their brand, now they don't have to have the best festival lineups ever.
    Well said.

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

  27. #57
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    I like the lineup, but maybe that's because I live in a town in which I don't get to see most of the acts that I like. This is the one time a year when I can see a bunch of artists I like, discover new artists, and be around a bunch of great people in a great environment. I don't take many vacations anymore, so I really value this as a vacation experience with friends rather than purely a concert experience. I guess I've also just learned to gloss over the stuff I don't like. I don't really care if Skrillex, Foster the People, or other acts in that realm are there. Based on prior likes, and subsequent discoveries, my days will probably be pretty full of good music and good friends. I never thought I'd have the chance to see Outkast, which is my favorite hip-hop group ever. I also never really thought I'd see Motorhead. I'm pretty excited, but maybe I'm just easy to please.

  28. #58

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    I really try to stay positive, but this is the BITCH thread. I am sad to see this lineup. I know well only 8 bands on this poster and have either seen them before or was never excited about them in the first place. Every other year I knew at least 15-20 bands on the lineup and of those 15-20 bands I was so so excited to see so many. Last year I was nearly in tears by all the amazing music I would get to see. The other years it was the same. However, I do know between the release of the lineup and actual Coachella I learned about and fell in love with many great acts. So, I guess my end positive thought is, I am so glad Coachella released early. Because it will take a good three months to research this bunch of artists. On a scale of 1-10 I have already researched Knife and give them a 5, Broken Bells 8, Farrell 5, Neutral Milk Hotel 9, Daughter 7, and Caged Elephant a 6. So, already looking forward to Broken Bells and Neutral Milk Hotel and was not familiar with them.

  29. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    The line-up does suck! Outkast? Muse again? Arcade Fire for the 10th time? What happened to the Coachella that took chances and brought in people that no one else did? I must agree that there are far too many festivals that seem to just shape the same line-up, but Coachella use to be the trend setter. Now, Coachella is just another festival, and even though I have been 7x since 2005, I guess I will have to miss Lorde! What a major, but expected disappointment. It's sad that I see that Firefly in Delaware, or Governors Ball in NYC have better line-ups. What about bands that have a "wow, that is so Coachella" like Aztec Camera, Slowdive, Bowie, Warlocks, Fresh and Onlys, Loop, and the reaction to bands that only Coachella would have on their poster, or at least first: Suede, B.A.D, P.I.L, Prince, Specials, even Tool. But fuckin Lorde?

  30. #60
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    619

    Default Re: The 2014 Lineup Sucks!!! Bitch about it here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    The line-up does suck! Outkast? Muse again? Arcade Fire for the 10th time? What happened to the Coachella that took chances and brought in people that no one else did? I must agree that there are far too many festivals that seem to just shape the same line-up, but Coachella use to be the trend setter. Now, Coachella is just another festival, and even though I have been 7x since 2005, I guess I will have to miss Lorde! What a major, but expected disappointment. It's sad that I see that Firefly in Delaware, or Governors Ball in NYC have better line-ups. What about bands that have a "wow, that is so Coachella" like Aztec Camera, Slowdive, Bowie, Warlocks, Fresh and Onlys, Loop, and the reaction to bands that only Coachella would have on their poster, or at least first: Suede, B.A.D, P.I.L, Prince, Specials, even Tool. But fuckin Lorde?
    That Firefly lineup fucking sucks. If that's what you think a good festival lineup looks like then drag your ass to Delaware and have a kick ass time with Jack Johnson, Imagine Dragons, the Lumineers, Pretty Lights, Weezer, Young the Giant, and a ton of bands that played every single fest on the planet last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Similar Threads

  1. This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!
    By shotglass75 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM
  2. lineup is awesome, poster design sucks
    By twilight monkey in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
  3. The Lineup Sucks - I Want to B!tch!!!!
    By shotglass75 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 08:53 AM
  4. ********** THE OFFICIAL 2009 LINEUP ALREADY SUCKS!!! *********
    By beavington in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM
  5. THE OFFICIAL 2008 LINEUP SUCKS THREAD
    By faxman75 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •