Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFI

Default Re: AFI

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    He's just trying to mock me, but the funny part is AFI has more facebook fans and they really have done much since the Outkast hiatus. Just proves they are more memorable
    AFI will pull a massive crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

This is such an odd booking for Coachella. I was ready for it, but I'm really not sure how it's going to go over. They would have been a more interesting booking in '99 or '01.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Saw them in September at Colorado's Riot Fest and was one of my favorites of the weekend. This was their set list

1.The Leaving Song Pt. II
    2. Girl's Not Grey
    3. I Hope You Suffer
    4. A Single Second
    5. Love Like Winter
    6. Ever and a Day
    7. 17 Crimes
    8. Kill Caustic
    9. Just Like Heaven
    (The Cure cover)
    10. Bleed Black
    11. Medicate
    12. God Called in Sick Today
    13. Miss Murder
    14. The Days of the Phoenix
    15. Silver and Cold
    16. Dancing Through Sunday

Yeah, there's the consensus that their older shit would be welcomed, but after Sing the Sorrow I couldn't do it anymore. I remember hearing the song Medicate back in 2008/2009 and thought, "oh hell no; next round"
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

You are still basing validity in good music on Facebook fans and likes?

And you also are the judge of whether or not this post was clever? I'm fucked man

He's just trying to mock me, but the funny part is AFI has more facebook fans and they really have done much since the Outkast hiatus. Just proves they are more memorable
    You and your facebook likes...
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

i'll pass. saw em back in 2010 and was thoroughly unimpressed. a sixteen song set and NOT ONE fucking song from black sails.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by FRESH13 View Post
    Saw them in September at Colorado's Riot Fest and was one of my favorites of the weekend. This was their set list

1.The Leaving Song Pt. II
    2. Girl's Not Grey
    3. I Hope You Suffer
    4. A Single Second
    5. Love Like Winter
    6. Ever and a Day
    7. 17 Crimes
    8. Kill Caustic
    9. Just Like Heaven
    (The Cure cover)
    10. Bleed Black
    11. Medicate
    12. God Called in Sick Today
    13. Miss Murder
    14. The Days of the Phoenix
    15. Silver and Cold
    16. Dancing Through Sunday
    I'll be pleased with a similar setlist, and PLEASE play Totalimmortal. They played The Last Kiss at the special Troubadour show in LA a while back but I know that's not going to happen at Coachella.

EDIT: I was also at Riot Fest and caught this set, first time seeing them in a long time and also one of my favorites. He never finished his story! But they did put on one hell of a show. I was surprised to see them on the lineup but I'll most likely be at their set if there aren't any conflicts. Anyone who used to love AFI should give them a chance, they played a good mix from old to new and sound as good as ever.
    Last edited by Jeffer; 01-10-2014 at 07:45 AM.

I had such an awesome time during this set. I managed to get on the center rail. There were some Mexican chicks sitting on my right who were freaking out after 2 songs because of all the moshing so they finally stood up. I was trying to give Davey a high five but he grabbed my hand to lift himself up into the crowd. Near the end of the set some fat drunk fool was trying to lean on me like I was a bean bag chair, pushing others, while saying lez go crazy, and security finally kicked him out. Great energy throughout and the guitar player makes it look so easy up there.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

i found myself by the main stage for a couple of songs. i was trying to figure out just exactly when afi turned into 30 seconds to mars.
    I'm locking this fucker.

This set totally surprised me! Hadn't seen them since the reunion and they definitely still have it! Also loved that setlist, pretty perfect set IMO.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

At first when I saw AFI on the bill I was like, "lol"

but now that I've seen the setlist from week one, I'm going.
    If you don't like it, we got two words for ya...

I thought they were pretty awesome
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

I walked by during Days of the Phoenix and then they played all older songs after, was such a nice surprise.

I was pleasantly surprised by these damn warped tour bands this year, Anti-Flag were great as well
    Papi Piratón!

That set list convinced me.

Wasn't a band I was super stoked on, but I did catch the whole set and it was phenomenal.
    '10 '11 '12 '13 '14

Only caught the last three songs, but these guys were tight, energetic, loud and good. Don't pick this time to hit the beer tent if you have a hole in your schedule.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

As a fan of The Art of Drowning and all of their work prior to it, I was disappointed in their setlist, but they sounded great so I ended up enjoying myself. I miss Devil Lock Davey though, the bands current image is hard to digest.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    As a fan of The Art of Drowning and all of their work prior to it, I was disappointed in their setlist, but they sounded great so I ended up enjoying myself. I miss Devil Lock Davey though, the bands current image is hard to digest.
    i still can't believe they don't touch black sails, it's like their pinkerton. then again i doubt davey can even sing half of those songs anymore so maybe that's it.
    I'm locking this fucker.

I have a friend who is a diehard fan and he said they have played "God Called in Sick Today" every time he has seen them, I'm really disappointed they didn't play it. I was also hoping for an oddball old song like "I Wanna Get a Mohawk" or "Cereal Wars"
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Never heard anything from this band before, my friend dragged me to it. Thought it was alright. Would recommend for anyone who likes the band.

7/30 Tori Amos, 8/1 Ray LaMontagne, 8/5 Justin Timberlake, 8/14 Nine Inch Nails + Soundgarden, 8/22 Aerosmith + Slash, 8/28 Bear in Heaven, 8/31 Little Dragon, 9/11 Delta Spirit, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/3-10/5 ACL W1, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

I enjoyed their set

they kicked ass.