Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pemberton 2014

Default Re: Pemberton 2014

Maybe they both posted it haha

Matty B ‏@MattyBShow 2h
    just found out we'll have tickets everyday this week to @pemberton_fest starting tomorrow at 3, lineup announcement @ 7am @Z953VAN

though if the Z announcement means Kanye i'm ok with it, if it means anyone else they play....not so much

Lurker

My bad I looked on their twitter and couldn't see anything. Haven't listened to Z since they turned into a Christmas carol station lol.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by jhubsy View Post
    Has anyone ruled out Lorde? I don't know which line she'd appear on for something like Pemberton but that seems like a reasonable get. She's playing Coachella, Rock In Rio and Lolla and from what I can find has an open schedule in July.
    Lorde have never played anywhere in Western Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Lorde have never played anywhere in Western Canada.
    She's never played alot of places. Lorde is another artist that would alos get lots of play on a station like Z. Same with Imagine Dragons, Pharrell and American Authors.

I'll throw Calvin Harris on that pile, too.
    Last edited by jhubsy; 04-07-2014 at 09:21 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by jhubsy View Post
    She's never played alot of places. Lorde is another artist that would alos get lots of play on a station like Z. Same with Imagine Dragons, Pharrell and American Authors.

I'll throw Calvin Harris on that pile, too.
    She's played Seattle a couple times already.

Good thing they didn't make a FB post saying the lineup was coming at 7am. It was supposed to happen 5 minutes ago on a couple BC stations. Mountain FM Squamish said it will now happen this afternoon as HUKA was in late night negotiations with an artist that they want to include with the full lineup announcement.

Oh goodness. What a gong show.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiecg View Post
    Oh goodness. What a gong show.
    I was at the first one. I doubt any fest could be as much of a gong show as that one.

Well osl announces their lineup around 10am pt. Hopefully pemby lineup drops shortly after.

The first one also announced a lineup at the same time they announced the festival. If it is already this bad before they even release a lineup you really have to question what the rest of the festival will be like.

Its definitely looking like they should have played their cards a little closer to their chest. I understand, with how croweded festival season is, the need to announce early, but they have failed to come through on pretty much everything they have announced since November and its not doing them any favours. That being said if the lineup is excellent this will all be forgotten, if the lineup is mediocre....not so much

Well, now the pertinent question is to what degree the Pemberton lineup overlaps OSL's ... Can't imagine that the top line will be exactly the same, so it seems we'll get, at most, one of their top two names, since The Killers seem to be a lock.

What other names could appear on both posters? Macklemore, Arctic Monkeys, Tiesto, and Spoon are already ruled out, but I could see Death Cab, Disclosure, Flaming Lips, and Local Natives pulling double duty.

Also, just thought about this, but The Knife completely skipped the Northwest with their run of dates coinciding with their Coachella appearance ... Could we find out why in a few hours?

old school

No.

A guy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSilver View Post
    Well, now the pertinent question is to what degree the Pemberton lineup overlaps OSL's ... Can't imagine that the top line will be exactly the same, so it seems we'll get, at most, one of their top two names, since The Killers seem to be a lock..
    The Killers are definitely the weakest link, I'll take them if the rest of the line is Kanye/ Petty or Springsteen or someone else huge but if its Killers/Mediocre/Mediocre things aren't so rosy

Though my Springsteen hopes have significantly dropped with him missing OSL

If The Killers are the first name on the Pemberton lineup, then I would seriously question whether or not the festival will even happen ... Can't imagine a top line like that getting them anywhere close to 30,000.

Something tells me they have a big name waiting in the wings, though.

Something tells me they have a big name waiting in the wings, though.
    I'm keeping the faith as well, hopefully we will know in the next few hours, will be interesting to see if they disclose who the delay causing act is

Saw a tweet indicating that it was Metric, but there's nothing concrete to back that claim up.

If Metric is the big name waiting in the wings it's game over for this festival.

If they are just another act on the lineup then who cares. As much as I like Metric, I've seen them 7 times without even really trying. They come through western Canada almost yearly, so it's not like they are anything special.

Saw a tweet indicating that it was Metric, but there's nothing concrete to back that claim up.
    saw that too, Brand new account with 3 tweets, hardly a reliable source

I was referring to them being the band causing the last-minute delay. Very little should be read into a single tweet, though.

I guess we will find out when the poster come out, Seems like Metric is an easy get as Davers said. would not think negotiations would be too prolonged
    Last edited by wholelottazoso; 04-08-2014 at 11:43 AM.

There was word going around before that the festival organizers were going to be doing a radio interview at 6:00 PT, does anyone know if this is still happening?

There was word going around before that the festival organizers were going to be doing a radio interview at 6:00 PT, does anyone know if this is still happening?
    After all the other countless delays and broken promises, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I already have squamish tickets, and was waiting and hoping for a "epic" lineup from Pemberton so I could attend both. But after seeing the twitter and FB backlash from the delays, I kinda wanna see what happens if they release a mediocre lineup lol

old school

a bunch of local interviews with the promoters were cancelled this afternoon.

I have to say at this point ive almost had more fun watching this sideshow than I could have at the actual festival and it's not over yet.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by wholelottazoso View Post
    I guess we will find out when the poster come out, Seems like Metric is an easy get as Davers said. would not think negotiations would be too prolonged

metric or any side project don't seem to have any shows for 2014. They haven't played western canada in 18 months.

old school

lineup in 2 hours. last night at a concert last heard Kanye and replacements were locks.

those 2 and odd future guy plus killers were the only solid(ish) rumours i heard.

Frank ocean said on tumblr he is opening up for outkast at Pemberton. Also a few radio djs in van on twitter are saying it's a pretty solid lineup. They may have pulled it off?!??

In today's thread on the Pemberton Facebook page someone said they just heard this on the radio: "On radio just now: NIN, soundgarden, snoop, outkast, young the giant, modest mouse, cage the elephant, metric, Matt good, among many more"

Pemberton replied pretty quickly asking which station it was. Interesting.
    Last edited by ehchtu; 04-09-2014 at 07:53 AM.