Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pemberton 2014

old school

Default Re: Pemberton 2014

Squamish lineup drops around 11am Tomorrow

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&stream_ref=10
    Pemberton are more or less inactive on social media beyond nonsense guessing games like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Sasquatch sold out in about 90 minutes last year.
    Not really. They had a "pre-sale" from mid November - Dec 31st. Then after the lineup came out they had another "pre-sale" with a password (which was really easy to get) from something like Wednesday - Saturday. THEN they had the official on-sale which sold out in 90 minutes.

I bet most of the tickets were already gone by the time the official sale started. This year I bet they sold way less pre-sale tickets since most people don't want to commit to one weekend when the other might have a lineup more to their liking.

Pemberton are more or less inactive on social media beyond nonsense guessing games like this one.
    Outkast.

SouthernplayalistiCADILLACmuzik
    ATLiens
    Synthesizer
    So Fresh So Clean
    Pink And Blue
    The Train

It is no surprise at all OutKast will be headlining this. Especially after they were nabbed for Hang Out Fest. Im curious who the other 2 headliners will be though. We can rule AF out because they will be at Squamish.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by jhubsy View Post
    Outkast.

SouthernplayalistiCADILLACmuzik
    ATLiens
    Synthesizer
    So Fresh So Clean
    Pink And Blue
    The Train
    The picture clue posting has been removed from their facebook/twitter page.

old school

The festival's facebook users are starting to turn against the promoters on facebook.

I think now that the Squamish and Sasquatch lineups are out, Pemberton is in a good position to try and go for some huge names, which they are going to need as both Sasquatches have really good deep lineups but no WOW headliners, If Pemberton can snag Springsteen or U2 or someone else along those lines they will be just fine, but they're going to need something big

Quote Originally Posted by wholelottazoso View Post
    I think now that the Squamish and Sasquatch lineups are out, Pemberton is in a good position to try and go for some huge names, which they are going to need as both Sasquatches have really good deep lineups but no WOW headliners, If Pemberton can snag Springsteen or U2 or someone else along those lines they will be just fine, but they're going to need something big
    Not sure about your choice of *big* headliners, but I agree with what you're saying. They need a BIG wow factor to compete with Squamish AND both weekends of Sasquatch. Without a stunning line-up, the second version of this festival might be over before it even started...

With tickets going on sale for both of these festivals this week, the time is now to release the line-up!

PS I'm hopeful... I have purchased tickets and booked a condo in Whistler already.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    Not sure about your choice of *big* headliners,

PS I'm hopeful... I have purchased tickets and booked a condo in Whistler already.
    Tastes may vary haha But looking at the history of their booking of the hangout fest plus the original pemberton (to which they promised a smililar lineup), I think we are looking at a Rap headliner (likely outkast) a classic rock headliner plus someone contemporary

I'm in the same boat as you too with tickets and a suite already booked so I'm hoping for Outkast, Springsteen, Jack White

I'm not going to Squamish or either Sasquatch so Pemberton could release the lineup 3 months from now and it wouldn't bother me. The Pemberton lineup will determine if I go or not (had a wicked time camping in '08). If it's uninteresting to me or similar to Hangout (which I am going to) I have no problem bailing. Fingers crossed for something good though.

old school

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...79877813_n.jpg

fake poster. Couple billing errors, but fun for sh!ts and giggles. Bugg/Neil/Arctic are elsewhere that weekend.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 02-07-2014 at 02:40 PM.

old school

I don't think they have many realistic headliner options at this point. Sasquatch made the move on Outkast and it's too soon for Pearl Jam or NIN after playing the area 8-10 weeks ago. Kanye's brand is dog food after 3 Vancouver cancellations. Can't see them repeating a 2008 headliner or the Squa/Sasq healdiners. u2 are months away from finishing their album. Huka have never dropped Springsteen money and he doesn't draw the critical younger demographic. Cure only sold 4,500 their last Vancouver show and less than 3,000 in the 90's. Black keys are in Europe

Enjoy Foo Fighters/Killers and maybe Jack White if you are lucky.

Some of their postings are a little defensive. I'd be worried if I was an early bird pass holder.

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/9...sh-music-fest/
    Live Nation sunk $12 million into the 2014 edition of Squamish. At least $5mil went to the top line.

http://www.whistlerquestion.com/arti...for-music-fest
    Pemberton were accepting mounted police applications a week ago. Yes, police on horses.

At this point its getting impossible to say with no strong rumours and no tour dates with pemberton sized holes in the schedule, it's going to be a crapshoot as for guessing, I suppose all there is to do now is wait and hope for the best

old school

this was on pollStar. Same weekend.

"A new music festival is on track to play the site of Woodstock 94 near Saugerties, N.Y.
    The Times-Herald-Record reports that a festival featuring “rock, electronic, indie and hip-hop music” is tentatively scheduled for July 10-13 and will be “organized by Denver-based outfit MCP Presents and financed by Manhattan-based SFX Entertainment.”
    A list of potential acts given to Saugerties officials includes Kendrick Lamar, Vampire Weekend, TV On The Radio, A$AP Ferg and My Morning Jacket.* According to the newspaper, organizers expect to sell “20,000 to 25,000 tickets.”
    Evidently Saugerties is trying to get its paperwork in order and is awaiting approval from state and county officials.* Stay tuned."

http://t.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs....late=tabletart
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 02-11-2014 at 12:26 AM.

tentatively scheduled for July 10-13

That's the Weekend before Pemberton

Its been real quiet lately, Bumblebee you seem to have your ear to the ground, hearing anything?

Lineup coming soon. I'll post an interview I did with Huka later in the week, but yeah, soon. Just wanted to let you all know.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Blankity View Post
    Lineup coming soon. I'll post an interview I did with Huka later in the week, but yeah, soon. Just wanted to let you all know.
    Are they still serious about 30,000?

Squamish(now selling single days) and both Sasquatches still have tickets available 3 weeks after their on sales. Both festivals sold 50,000 last year and this year it's close to 120,000 capacity with Pemberton.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankity View Post
    Will be believed when seen.

old school

I just heard 2 acts rumoured:

Tyler the Creator
    Kanye

I think the only other likely headliners are Pearl Jam or Neil Young & Crazy Horse. NIN being a long shot. Bruce/U2 is total nonsense and they will/should avoid overlap with Pemberton 2008 and current/recent Sasquatch/Squamish festivals. I don't think Cure/Phish can draw enough up here(across an international border) to anchor a 30k fest, ditto Killers/Keys/Foo.

Paul Mercs is involved with this festival and they booked the PJ Canadian tour. PJ did VFest 2009 in Calgary. Neil has played 4-5 different cities in BC and easily fills arena up north with CH. Like Bonnaroo, Kanye playing near Vancouver would be part of his "apology tour summer 2014".

KW/PJ
    KW/NY

Would be enough to compete with other area fests and get anywhere near 30,000 with a chance of breaking even. 2 headliners and they can book a "weaker" headliner like Jack White/Killers/Canadian Content for the top line of the poster. Then fill up the rest of the lineup with the usual suspects of bottom/mid level acts.

Well that's looking a bit better after all!

http://forecastlefest.com/

same weekend as pemberton and a pretty damn solid lineup, looks like any chance of Jack White, Beck and Outkast are out, unless Pemberton is flying everybody in

I would guess that Outkast won't be there, but I think chances are strong for the other two.

Speculation here, but I'm thinking that the delay in the lineup release came from Outkast canceling ... Pemberton posted that lineup teaser that clearly gave away Outkast, then it was promptly taken down and the organizers have had to delay the lineup announcement twice since then. Could be a coincidence, but I'm guessing that Outkast bailed and they've been spending the last two months trying to lock down Kanye to replace them on the lineup.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by wholelottazoso View Post
    http://forecastlefest.com/

same weekend as pemberton and a pretty damn solid lineup, looks like any chance of Jack White, Beck and Outkast are out, unless Pemberton is flying everybody in
    Even playing both Festivals on Friday/Sunday is a challenge. Direct flights(read: private plane) are about 4 hours and then Customs/YVR to Pemberton is another 3 hours minimum. Not sure on the airport situation in Pemberton or if it's just local flights with a half dozen seats. Squamish/YVR to San Fran the same weekend is significantly easier and numerous commercial flights between the 2 points.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSilver View Post
    I would guess that Outkast won't be there, but I think chances are strong for the other two.

Speculation here, but I'm thinking that the delay in the lineup release came from Outkast canceling ... Pemberton posted that lineup teaser that clearly gave away Outkast, then it was promptly taken down and the organizers have had to delay the lineup announcement twice since then. Could be a coincidence, but I'm guessing that Outkast bailed and they've been spending the last two months trying to lock down Kanye to replace them on the lineup.
    I think the "teasers" were all a fake out. No one even figured out the other teaser diagram or even had a remotely viable guess.

Even playing both Festivals on Friday/Sunday is a challenge. Direct flights(read: private plane) are about 4 hours and then Customs/YVR to Pemberton is another 3 hours minimum. Not sure on the airport situation in Pemberton or if it's just local flights with a half dozen seats. Squamish/YVR to San Fran the same weekend is significantly easier and numerous commercial flights between the 2 points.
    I can't imagine this is anywhere near as difficult as bands making it from Primavera Sound to Sasquatch, and there's usually some degree of overlap, even when they fall on exactly the same dates. I wouldn't expect 20 bands from the Forecastle lineup to make it up to Pemberton, but 6-8 shouldn't be totally unreasonable.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSilver View Post
    I can't imagine this is anywhere near as difficult as bands making it from Primavera Sound to Sasquatch, and there's usually some degree of overlap, even when they fall on exactly the same dates. I wouldn't expect 20 bands from the Forecastle lineup to make it up to Pemberton, but 6-8 shouldn't be totally unreasonable.
    Sasquatch had the holiday Monday when Primavera started Friday and sometimes Thursday. Plus there were more direct flights.

Look up Kentucky to Vancouver commercial flights. 7 hours trip duration at the quickest with lots of stops in Orlando and Oregon. Plus another 3 hours from the Vancouver airport to the venue. If you were a promoter 2 hours from a major city would you want musical gear switching planes twice in a 30 hour span?

I say 2 acts tops, but in reality I think the number is zero. If it were 2 bigger acts, Pemberton renting a private plane could make practical sense.

Bumblebee travel expert.

Pemberton renting a private plane could make practical sense.
    there's definitely no way it would happen if they were flying commercial and I could only really see them forking out the big bucks to fly in the big acts on a private plane, plus shipping equipment like that has got to be mega expensive