Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Actually Know Anyone Who Bought a Fake TIcket to Coachella?

Default Does Anyone Actually Know Anyone Who Bought a Fake TIcket to Coachella?

Like it says, just wondering... I'd like to see what a fake package looks like... I knew someone who bought a fake Burning Man Ticket and it looked pretty shabby. I think he was in an altered state when he made the purchase....

Default Re: Does Anyone Actually Know Anyone Who Bought a Fake TIcket to Coachella?

hell they can buy a "real" one that is deactivated for theft. DO NOT BUY FROM A 3rD PARTY
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Does Anyone Actually Know Anyone Who Bought a Fake TIcket to Coachella?

Right, it has nothing to with what it "looks" like, it's whether the chip will scan or not.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

in 2012, a friend of mine in LA bought wristbands off craigslist for herself and three other girls, and the wristbands were all fakes/deactivated/etc. they ended up driving back to their hotel in Palm Springs without seeing Radiohead. don't buy from third party unless it's from stubhub.com, who has a pop-up customer service office in Indio during Coachella in case something goes wrong with your wristbands (they have a great guarantee policy).
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Do not buy from a 3rd party unless it's me. If I sell mine it's going to a board member for face value.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Yeah the official word is to never buy from 3rd party sources but StubHub is very legit, worst case scenario is you buy a deactivated ticket, take it up with stubhub and you get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yeah the official word is to never buy from 3rd party sources but StubHub is very legit, worst case scenario is you buy a deactivated ticket, take it up with stubhub and you get your money back.
    ... and at Coachella last year, they were even ready to issue new wristbands in case ones purchased through stubhub didn't work for whatever reason. I know this because their satellite office was in the same hotel I stayed at, and I chatted up a few of the workers there.

but to travel all that way for nothing is a pain money can't buy back
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Stubhub actually buy extra tickets to things to keep for themselves to provide for people who buy things that don't work. Stubhub employees get to go to a lot of free stuff accordingly.

Don't buy on craigslist/pay cash/ etc, use websites where there is feedback, support, guarantees etc. Which is basically stubhub/paypal/ebay. Someone with 550 positive sales and 100% rating on Ebay is not likely going to stiff you.

my friend bought 1 and he was mailed 2, he didn't register either until the thursday before, turns out when he activated one, they deactivated the other..... he wound up having a very unhappy cousin for the next month and a half

Pretty much, as long as you pay through Paypal, you're safe, because Paypal protects you as the buyer. So if a seller is legit, they'll accept payment through Paypal, and if they won't, they don't buy from them. I can't see any other reason that a seller wouldn't accept payment through Paypal, other than if they aren't legit and honest. But if a seller does accept payment through Paypal, they'd be an absolute idiot to screw the buyer, because they buyer would get their money back.

Yes. One of my friend bought a fake ticket to Coachella last year from a person. The price of the ticket is cheaper, so he bought it. But at last, he found it was not real ticket.
    Buy discounted adidas porsche design,adidas springblade online. Fast free shipping to worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by valleymike View Post
    Yes. One of my friend bought a fake ticket to Coachella last year from a person. The price of the ticket is cheaper, so he bought it. But at last, he found it was not real ticket.
    OMG. A 2014 noob. How cute.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Do not buy from a 3rd party unless it's me. If I sell mine it's going to a board member for face value.
    Well I didn't get a ticket and I want to go Weekend Two, so there's that. If you end up with one, let me know.

Summer

stubhub is the ONLY 3rd party I'd trust.

We bought super bowl tickets through them and they were A1 awesome

They MAKE SURE you don't have any issues.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post
    Stubhub actually buy extra tickets to things to keep for themselves to provide for people who buy things that don't work. Stubhub employees get to go to a lot of free stuff accordingly.

Don't buy on craigslist/pay cash/ etc, use websites where there is feedback, support, guarantees etc. Which is basically stubhub/paypal/ebay. Someone with 550 positive sales and 100% rating on Ebay is not likely going to stiff you.
    well it's good to hear such positive things towards stub hub. my friend's ticket is through them, so at least this will ease the anxiety for him a bit haha

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by xogirl View Post
    Pretty much, as long as you pay through Paypal, you're safe, because Paypal protects you as the buyer. So if a seller is legit, they'll accept payment through Paypal, and if they won't, they don't buy from them. I can't see any other reason that a seller wouldn't accept payment through Paypal, other than if they aren't legit and honest. But if a seller does accept payment through Paypal, they'd be an absolute idiot to screw the buyer, because they buyer would get their money back.
    Last year my idiot friends sent a guy money for tix without any proof that he had them. They paypal'd him the money and he disappeared. They ended up getting their money back and buying tix from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by xogirl View Post
    What is Paypal gonna do when you walk up to the gates and your wristband doesn't scan? You may get your money back eventually but your weekend is fucked.

In 2012 I watched this guy draw and make his Wristband to get in. When he walked up to the Machine to beep himself in he made the beeping noise himself. Security made him do it a few times so he could think it was going to work. It was great

Quote Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post

Yes, this. You can get a pretty good feel for the trustworthiness of your seller on eBay. Don't buy from anyone with less than at-least 10 positive feedback ratings and 100% positive rating.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by nevilledevil78 View Post
    In 2012 I watched this guy draw and make his Wristband to get in. When he walked up to the Machine to beep himself in he made the beeping noise himself. Security made him do it a few times so he could think it was going to work. It was great
    You can't even get past the parking lot security without a wristband nevermind all the way to the front gates so why you lying?

I bought two tickets from a third party last year that was not stub hub and everything worked out fine.

But you definitely have to be aware that there are scammers out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

If you buy from somebody on craigslist or something and you go to their house to do the transaction, ask to register it on their computer, before you give them the money. That way you'll know you've bought a real not deactivated wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarator View Post
    If you buy from somebody on craigslist or something and you go to their house to do the transaction, ask to register it on their computer, before you give them the money. That way you'll know you've bought a real not deactivated wristband.
    How does this work? i've only been in 2011 and picked them up from will call. This year we forgot to add car camping so sold ours and are re-buying them from someone, you can register the bands to a name or something online?
    @dannycradden

Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast

Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde

Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

*please*

Quote Originally Posted by markinetic View Post
    You can't even get past the parking lot security without a wristband nevermind all the way to the front gates so why you lying?
    Not true.

I have snuck in several times.
    Even with tickets I will hide my wrist band just to see if I can do it, and it can definitely be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How does this work? i've only been in 2011 and picked them up from will call. This year we forgot to add car camping so sold ours and are re-buying them from someone, you can register the bands to a name or something online?
    That's right, you'll be able to register your bands here on this website.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarator View Post
    And then after that they call front gate and say they lost them, still rendering them useless.

Quote Originally Posted by markinetic View Post
    Sorry yeah your right I'm Lying,...... Were you there??? Oh yeah you weren't.... Shut up

Would you guys trust Ticket Network?