Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Ya, the provided schedule is nice, I should've mentioned it... a couple extra plusses is that it doesn't require Internet access or battery usage! (network congestion in the park can be troublesome, and I have an old smartphone whose battery doesn't quite hold up like it used to)

I know none of you asked but I'm glad I finally have this down and set with the group of friends I'm going with. Really eclectic schedule with many different genres each day. Cant wait!

Friday: Night Terrors of 1925 > The Soul Rebels > Phosphorescent > Warpaint > Mikal Cronin > Chromeo > Disclosure > Kanye West

Saturday: Dum Dum Girls > The Kooks > Local Natives > Haim > Death Cab For Cutie > Atmosphere > Tom Petty

Sunday: Woods > Lucius > Flume > Lykke Li > Cut Copy > Gold Panda > The Killers

Missing Courtney Barnett is a mistake.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    So would be seeing Lykke Li from all the way in the back you win some you lose some.

Speaking from experience? Have you seen her live?

I thought Courtney Barnett was great at Coachella.

Still, you're gonna miss several great acts no matter what you do that Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    So would be seeing Lykke Li from all the way in the back you win some you lose some.
    The upside to the clusterfuck that is Sunday afternoon is we're gonna get a good split of the crowd. I think you'll get a fine spot for Lykke Li if you leave after Courtney Barnett's set (Panhandle is the closest stage to Twin Peaks). Other people are going to just be coming through McLaren Pass from Jenny Lewis, or at Spoon.

Exactly. You'd at least have time to see 10-20 minutes of her set and then move over to Twin Peaks.

If anyone is trying to sell 2 Friday tickets, please let me know

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 wk 2, 2013 wk 1, 2014 wk 1

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    The upside to the clusterfuck that is Sunday afternoon is we're gonna get a good split of the crowd. I think you'll get a fine spot for Lykke Li if you leave after Courtney Barnett's set (Panhandle is the closest stage to Twin Peaks). Other people are going to just be coming through McLaren Pass from Jenny Lewis, or at Spoon.
    This'll be my third year at OL, and I think speaking from past experiences, I'd rather just watch Lykke Li with my friends since they're all planning on staying after Flume. I don't have much of a problem. Also Courtney will definitely be back to the area soon.

That makes even less sense. If you know where your friends are going to be at that stage that gives you even more of an incentive to walk over and catch some of Courtney Barnett and then go back and find your friends.

Here's the schedules I made - I like to print them double-sided on 8.5x11, then cut and laminate each day. http://bit.ly/OL2014schedule

I always hear about people laminating their schedules... do y'all have your own laminator, or is there a place to get it done for a reasonable price?

I'm real big on using whatever resources I can in my office - printer, laminator, inDesign...

Who else is excited for The Killers?!?! Gonna be my 12th Killers set :O)
    12/18 & 19- Dillon Francis, Fox Theater
    12/31- Chromeo, Fort Mason
    2/1- RL Grime, Catalyst
    2/7- London Grammar, Fox Theater
    3/20- OK GO, Catalyst
    3/25- Echosmith, Regency Ballroom
    9/16- Foo Fighters, Shoreline

Quote Originally Posted by marytakespictures View Post
    Here's the schedules I made - I like to print them double-sided on 8.5x11, then cut and laminate each day. http://bit.ly/OL2014schedule
    That schedule looks really awesome, thanks. Any way you could format it landscape style and have each day be on a separate page? (easier to read) If so, that would be my schedule for the weekend.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

just print double-sided and cut them out
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

yup - this is how they look when they are printed/cut (these are two sets, showing front & back). no sense carrying around anything larger. http://bit.ly/1lxcdV2

Sound advice.

She owned the first night at Firefly.

yup - this is how they look when they are printed/cut (these are two sets, showing front & back). no sense carrying around anything larger. http://bit.ly/1lxcdV2
    I appreciate the work - nice job. I especially like the photos on the front. I review every band and so have 5 pages of spreadsheet reviews for each day - and I like to have my ratings written on every band prior to the fest so that I know where to go and when. Your schedule likely will be cover page schedule to the spreadsheets.

And enough from me about the format of the schedule lol. As for the actual bands, I really don't have any conflicts on Friday, that day is the weakest of the 3 to me. Not many bands that really grab me or that I really want to see besides Nicki Bluhm, Nahko, Kacey Musgraves and Disclosure. Though Disclosure likely won't be as good as Coachella. Any special guests coming for them this time? Run the Jewels worth checking out? EL-P sounded good on youtube.

As for Saturday, I think this is the 2nd best day (behind Sunday). Only real conflict I have is John Butler vs Capital Cities. Likely I will go John Butler, that guy is phenomenal on guitar (Ocean song). Finish Ticket over Local Natives due to the smaller stage. Tycho should be amazing, really pumped to see him. Likely will see Vance Joy over HAIM due to the smaller stage (and saw HAIM at Treasure Island).

Sunday looks like my favorite day. Tons of highly rated bands throughout the day, from start to finish, and conflicts galore.
    Woods vs The Brothers Comatose (likely Comatose)
    Paolo Nutini vs Watsky (likely Watsky)
    Chvrches vs Flume vs Jenny Lewis vs Cappa Regime - who the F scheduled all this at the same time? (likely Flume and Jenny Lewis, since I saw Chvrches at Coachella)
    Spoon vs Ben Howard vs Lykke Li - again who the F scheduled all these conflicts? (likely Ben Howard, but this is a tough call)
    The Killers vs Tiesto (likely Killers?) wish I could see both

The festival in general just seems heavily tilted towards Sunday, on my reviews among the bands to see I have 10 on Friday, 12 on Saturday, and 16 on Sunday. No idea what happened with the schedule in general, maybe OSL figured that Kanye would sell out Friday on his own? Their assumptions seemed to have worked, since it sold out very fast.

Also, what happened to the GIVERS? Was looking forward to seeing them again.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

Very cool schedule, marytakespictures, thank you!

I'm pretty okay with the schedule I have settled upon:

Friday: Night Terrors of 1927 > Phosphorescent > Warpaint > Chromeo/Grouplove > Disclosure/Tegan & Sara > Typhoon

Saturday: Trails and Ways > The Kooks > Jagwar Ma > Tycho > Haim > Capital Cities > DCFC > Boys Noize > Tom Petty

Sunday: Imelda May > Lucius > Flume > Courtney Barnett > Lykke Li > Gardens & Villa > Cut//Copy > Gold Panda > The Killers (not by choice)
    11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Good job, thanks mate.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by gopher37 View Post
    I appreciate the work - nice job. I especially like the photos on the front. I review every band and so have 5 pages of spreadsheet reviews for each day - and I like to have my ratings written on every band prior to the fest so that I know where to go and when. Your schedule likely will be cover page schedule to the spreadsheets.

And enough from me about the format of the schedule lol. As for the actual bands, I really don't have any conflicts on Friday, that day is the weakest of the 3 to me. Not many bands that really grab me or that I really want to see besides Nicki Bluhm, Nahko, Kacey Musgraves and Disclosure. Though Disclosure likely won't be as good as Coachella. Any special guests coming for them this time? Run the Jewels worth checking out? EL-P sounded good on youtube.

As for Saturday, I think this is the 2nd best day (behind Sunday). Only real conflict I have is John Butler vs Capital Cities. Likely I will go John Butler, that guy is phenomenal on guitar (Ocean song). Finish Ticket over Local Natives due to the smaller stage. Tycho should be amazing, really pumped to see him. Likely will see Vance Joy over HAIM due to the smaller stage (and saw HAIM at Treasure Island).

Sunday looks like my favorite day. Tons of highly rated bands throughout the day, from start to finish, and conflicts galore.
    Woods vs The Brothers Comatose (likely Comatose)
    Paolo Nutini vs Watsky (likely Watsky)
    Chvrches vs Flume vs Jenny Lewis vs Cappa Regime - who the F scheduled all this at the same time? (likely Flume and Jenny Lewis, since I saw Chvrches at Coachella)
    Spoon vs Ben Howard vs Lykke Li - again who the F scheduled all these conflicts? (likely Ben Howard, but this is a tough call)
    The Killers vs Tiesto (likely Killers?) wish I could see both

The festival in general just seems heavily tilted towards Sunday, on my reviews among the bands to see I have 10 on Friday, 12 on Saturday, and 16 on Sunday. No idea what happened with the schedule in general, maybe OSL figured that Kanye would sell out Friday on his own? Their assumptions seemed to have worked, since it sold out very fast.

Also, what happened to the GIVERS? Was looking forward to seeing them again.

Givers got dropped a couple weeks ago.

Funny to hear about your rating system. I look at the lineup on an opportunity cost situation. I equate how much i would pay to see each band if i were to go see them factoring in set length, rarity, what i have previously paid to see them, etc. But we are all music nerds here so that's OK, right. Your system sounds more detailed though.

I think that you're right that the headliners are stronger on Friday and Saturday. They most likely cost more to book. For me Fri and Sat are worth 130 to 150 each and Sunday is only worth 80 due to the conflicts and that I have little to no interest in the headliners. But overall value is still pretty high compared to ticket cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope11 View Post
    Okay, hoping to get some insight on this stupid Arctic Monkeys Vs. Kanye choice. Advice is appreciated.

Will Kanye deliver as good as the Yeezus tour, and will Disclosure deliver a good performance like Coachella? Regardless, as a fan of Arctic Monkey's old shit primarily, will I be just as satisfied, if not more, with the Arctic Monkeys set?
    There is a possibility Kanye might do a new single. His GQ article talked about him releasing some new stuff soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

My days:

Friday: Night Terrors of 1927 > Greensky Bluegrass > Phosphorescent > Warpaint > Mikal Cronin > whatever> Kanye probably
    Saturday: Dum Dum Girls > The Districts > Christopher Owens > Deer Tick > John Butler Trio > Atmosphere > Tom Petty
    Sunday: Jonathan Wilson > Woods > Paulo Nutini > Hiss Golden Messenger > Jenny Lewis > Lykke Li > Flaming Lips > Ray Montagne > Killers

Might skip Ray Montagne entirely and go for some food then instead, but otherwise I'm pretty settled. There are a couple of options on both Saturday and Sunday, and Friday might be the time for the comedy tent, but general I'm pretty happy with that.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Single day tickets on sale now. $115. Sorry if i missed this post already, i am just back from my European vacation.

New night show added:

8/9: The Killers @ The Independent

tickets go on sale Saturday at 10

Is that the first headliner to also preform a night show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

New night show added:

8/9: The Killers @ The Independent

tickets go on sale Saturday at 10

Ah!!!!!!!!!! The one day of the year I can't go to a show, and it's my all time favorite band. NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    12/18 & 19- Dillon Francis, Fox Theater
    12/31- Chromeo, Fort Mason
    2/1- RL Grime, Catalyst
    2/7- London Grammar, Fox Theater
    3/20- OK GO, Catalyst
    3/25- Echosmith, Regency Ballroom
    9/16- Foo Fighters, Shoreline

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Speaking from experience? Have you seen her live?
    Yes - twice. The band is super tight, they venture into extended psych out jams and then swoop right back into the melody. She's got a bunch of new material, too. I'd implore all of you to stop by there on your way to Lykke Li to at least check her out.