Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Looking at the daily lineup there are some changes:

I dont see SBTRKT on the lineup at all anymore.

Boys Noize, Vance Joy, and Brothers Comotose all moved from Sunday to Saturday. Woods from Saturday to Sunday.

DJs got added to daily lineup.

23 bands on Friday, 24 on Saturday, 21 on Sunday without the three new artist adds.

Bummer about SBTRKT. I wonder if its Visa issues?
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 06-25-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Looking at the daily lineup there are some changes:

I dont see SBTRKT on the lineup at all anymore.

Boys Noize, Vance Joy, and Brothers Comotose all moved from Sunday to Saturday. Woods from Saturday to Sunday.

DJs got added to daily lineup.

23 bands on Friday, 24 on Saturday, 21 on Sunday without the three new artist adds.

Bummer about SBTRKT. I wonder if its Visa issues?
    Really bummed about SBTRKT I think this might've been an issue about him playing a DJ set instead of a live set, I don't think OL wanted that.

Okay now that I've had time to cry about SBTRKT...

Artist Additions:
    Hiss Golden Messenger
    Made In Heights
    The Bots

Really stoked about MIH and HGM.

even though Im only planning on going friday there was a faint glimmer of possibility that I might buy a saturday ticket. That left with sbtrkt.

No SBTRKT?!?!? That really effing sucks.

At least, Boys Noize's move to Saturday should help alleviate my potential Sunday night conflicts.
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Lurker

Hi, everyone! This is my first post on here, so bear with me!

This is going to be my first ever festival, and I just had a couple of questions:

1) I bought a single Saturday ticket through Stubhub and I printed it out, but the name on the ticket isn't mine. I've gone to a couple of concerts where the person whose name is on ticket has to be present and show them an ID. Is this the same with Outside Lands? Because if so, I'm screwed.
    2) Any tips? Again, this is going to be my first festival and I don't want to be wandering around like I'm lost! (I'm 17 and going with my dad, so no Beer/Wine Lands for me)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by oursecretsafe View Post

This is going to be my first ever festival, and I just had a couple of questions:

1) I bought a single Saturday ticket through Stubhub and I printed it out, but the name on the ticket isn't mine. I've gone to a couple of concerts where the person whose name is on ticket has to be present and show them an ID. Is this the same with Outside Lands? Because if so, I'm screwed.
    2) Any tips? Again, this is going to be my first festival and I don't want to be wandering around like I'm lost! (I'm 17 and going with my dad, so no Beer/Wine Lands for me)

Thank you!
    1. You don't have to show your license when you enter the festival. The only thing you might want to worry about is that the tickets are the same bar code for all three days so they guy that sold it to you, could potentially go on Saturday and then your ticket would be useless. However, since you bought it on stubhub you should be ok, because you could get your money back from him if that was the case. I would still go pretty early so you can have a fun long day in the park.

2. There are plenty of places to read, including this thread, to learn about festivals. But the main thing is it gets cold at night so you need a hoodie/jacket or multiple layers. Like 50 degree cold fog cold even though its August.

1) The name on your ticket will not be compared with an ID.
    2) The best tips come from reading this forum. Aside from that, the most basic "don't get yourself lost" tip would be to keep a printed copy of your schedule with you (highlighting bands you want to see). The most basic "I want to have an enjoyable time" tip would be to bring a light jacket (it can get COLD) and comfortable shoes.

Enjoy the fest!

1) no, you'll be fine.

2) bring layers, weather can change quickly in the park. if you and your dad plan on seeing different sets and reconnecting at a later point, establish a meet up location on the grounds and don't assume you can just rely on cell phones. Front of the soundboard is generally a good place to go for the best sound. print out a copy of the map/schedule to have on you so that you don't get lost, but also don't worry about that too much - it's a giant festival with tons of people meandering around and doing their own thing. unless your sprinting around naked on acid or making a general fool of yourself, no one will notice you.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Also, make sure you triangulate yourself when you leave to go to the bathroom/get food/drink so that you can find your way back. Take a look at whats in front of you and directly to the side of you to get a good coordinate of your current location so you can get back there. This is a problem for many many people who end up getting lost and not finding themselves back with their friends. Especially when it goes from light out to dark. A girl that we were hanging with last year was lost for about an hour before she made her way back and she was pretty upset when she finally made it back after missing an hour of McCartney.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I guess this one might be semi-official, cus it's listed as the Heineken Dome after party:

8/9: Green Velvet, Gorgon City, DJ Icey, The Scumfrog @ Public Works
    Tickets purchased!! Green Velvet is outstanding.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Lurker

Thank you all!

Boys Noize got moved to Saturday?!?! Fuck!
    9/18- CHVRCHES, Fox Theater
    9/20 & 21- Beyond Wonderland
    9/22 & 23- Katy Perry, SAP Center
    10/2- Savoy, Indy
    10/3-10/5- TBD Festival
    10/10- Snoop Dogg, Shoreline
    10/18-10/19- Treasure Island Festival
    10/14- Kill the Noise, Catalyst
    10/24- Little Dragon, Fox Theater
    11/1 & 11/2- Day of the Dead Festival
    11/6- Bassnectar, Montbleu
    11/7- Bassnectar, Memorial Auditorium
    11/9- Hardwell, Bill Graham
    11/10- Foster The People, Menorial Auditorium
    11/25- London Grammar, Fox Theater

Wow no SBTRKT really sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    Okay now that I've had time to cry about SBTRKT...

Artist Additions:
    Hiss Golden Messenger
    Made In Heights
    The Bots

Really stoked about MIH and HGM.
    Hiss Golden Messenger are great. That's a fabulous addition. Well played Ranger Dave.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Really bummed about SBTRKT I think this might've been an issue about him playing a DJ set instead of a live set, I don't think OL wanted that.
    That would have been worked out during contract negotiations well in advance of the lineup release. No way that is the issue.

All three new artists were added to Sunday. 23 bands for Friday, 24 for Saturday and Sunday. So we are probably looking at the final lineup.

With Boys Noize moving over to Saturday, I think that supports you guys saying Flume will be on Twin Peaks on Sunday. I see Sunday at Twin Peaks going Flume>Chvrches>Cut Copy>Tiesto. Saturday at TP looks like Boys Noize>Tycho>Duck Sauce>Atmosphere>Macklemore. Friday seems a little trickier to figure out because I'm not sure if Run the Jewels would be at TP or somewhere else.

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 4.11.18 PM.jpg

Looks like Gesaffelstein is going to be a late addition! He was awesome at Sasquatch and am very excited to see him again.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by oursecretsafe View Post

Thank you!
    One more tip - don't choose the Windmill (you'll see) as your designated meeting point any time after dark. Too many people meet there and its poorly lit to find someone easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post

Looks like Gesaffelstein is going to be a late addition! He was awesome at Sasquatch and am very excited to see him again.
    Nice Catch. Kinda out of nowhere with this one. Don't know where he would fit in on Saturday since its already full. Maybe someone moves over to Friday which has one slot open. This guy is too big for the Heineken House, right?

This could be the replacement to SBTRKT which is maybe why they haven't announced that SBTRKT is off the lineup.

looks like givers is off too

Oooooh nice!

This is just fantastic news! Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    WHAT!?

Looks like Outside Lands and SBTRKT had a disagreement and are beefing it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/SBTRKT/status/482628688702619648

This sucks. We all lose.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosyburritos View Post
    Looks like Outside Lands and SBTRKT had a disagreement and are beefing it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/SBTRKT/status/482628688702619648

This sucks. We all lose.
    SBTRKT comes out of that looking really childish. Essentially Ranger Dave (and by that I mean the organisers, who actually haven't responded publicly) wouldn't let him pick and choose his time slot, performance length and/or stage, so he took his ball and went home. The fan boys are jumping to SBTRKT's defence, but I really don't see at all what the organisers have done wrong.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

It was kinda dick move by Ranger Dave to say that SBTRKT bailed, but SBTRKT sounds like a jerkwad thinking he could pick his own time and stage. Unfortunately its our loss.

Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    really bummed about this...

I adore SBTRKT and I understand that there's usually negotiation with slots and times, but outside lands is a very well organized festival with tight schedule. So bummed that SBTRKT bailed but also a bit upset by the fact that he wouldn't be fine with just playing any time and any stage... Would've been a great set.

I adore SBTRKT and I understand that there's usually negotiation with slots and times, but outside lands is a very well organized festival with tight schedule. So bummed that SBTRKT bailed but also a bit upset by the fact that he wouldn't be fine with just playing any time and any stage... Would've been a great set.
    Seriously, sbtrkt is one of the best djs around and his bratty mentality is taking away from all of our enjoyment. Grssafelstein is not a substantial replacement