Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 89909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

What the heck is mcribs?

They had discontinued making Watermelon wheat at 21st Amendment, If I'm remembering right. I also personally haven't ever wanted to taste Watermelon wheat ever since I had one seven years ago.
    Last edited by getbetter; 08-08-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Digesting the McRib is a great American past time. "Hell or high watermelon" is a national travesty. It's like comparing hot dogs and the Muni! Zach, I think you have officially become babs.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Fun first day. Started with Mikal Cronin acoustic at the Toyota tent/stage (if you're going this weekend make sure and see who is playing here - such a great way to get up close to the artists) then Bleachers (surprisingly fun) then Warpaint (solid) then Mikal Cronin w band then Chromeo then Disclosure (awesome, I don't care if they just hit play on their laptops) then Kanye (he was fine, the whole thing seemed like a glorified karaoke)

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Digesting the McRib is a great American past time. "Hell or high watermelon" is a national travesty. It's like comparing hot dogs and the Muni! Zach, I think you have officially become babs.
    Well...whatever when try the #BLESSED lifestyle of drinking chocolate and eating organic Santa Cruz blueberries at the same time before you even start your day. You will finally open your eyes to how much bullshit is in that criticism..

My thoughts about the McRib is at the time a 105 year old middle school cafeteria made a better rib sandwich and I only paid 3.50. Also I could even see half a percent of the country going down in arms if a democratic ever shut the Mcrib . Yet the same people would probably tell you that "Hell or High Watermelon" is the best beer ever.
    Last edited by getbetter; 08-08-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

incredibly happy with how the weather turned out! beautiful weather, beautiful music. can't wait for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    My thoughts about the McRib is at the time a 105 year old middle school cafeteria made a better rib sandwich and I only paid 3.50. Also I could even see half a percent of the country going down in arms if a democratic ever shut the Mcrib . Yet the same people would probably tell you that "Hell or High Watermelon" is the best beer ever.
    up in arms*

*if a democratic ever shut the Mcrib

*McRib

CONGRESS CREATED MCRIBLESS BOWL

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    This is beautiful in so many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by tvham View Post
    Fun first day. Started with Mikal Cronin acoustic at the Toyota tent/stage (if you're going this weekend make sure and see who is playing here - such a great way to get up close to the artists) then Bleachers (surprisingly fun) then Warpaint (solid) then Mikal Cronin w band then Chromeo then Disclosure (awesome, I don't care if they just hit play on their laptops) then Kanye (he was fine, the whole thing seemed like a glorified karaoke)

Can't wait for tomorrow!
    We saw mostly different acts. Just wanted to comment and say that "glorified karaoke" is the perfect way to describe Kanye's set.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Highlights of the first day for me: Mikal Cronin and Phosphorescent's incredibly tight sets.

Lowlights: Warpaint really aren't very good live at all. Much better on record.

Other notes: I went to the Barbary for the first time in three years. Pretty hit or miss, but Garfunkel and Oates had their moments. The new water layout is a bit of a farce. God I miss Outside Lambs. Anyone catch any of the magic?
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Day 1 in the books. Run the jewels had a good set. Chromeo was a huge dance party. Crowd was good for Kanye! Disappointment of the day was definitely Disclosure... boooooorrrrrrrring! Time for some tommys joynt then back to the park for day 2

Night Terrors of 1927 (great way to start the day) > Garfunkel and Oates (hilarious, though the Barbary got toasty) > Phosphorescent (great) > Warpaint (pretty good, but kinda subdued) > Chromeo (dancedancedance) > Grouplove (caught the last bit, no Sabotage cover?) > Disclosure (3rd time seeing them and I was done after the 2nd) > Typhoon (a good way to end the day)

The improvements to the Twin Peaks stage (screens and bleachers on the hill) and sound quality are great. Even the sound system at the Panhandle stage seems to have been improved upon this year.

My only gripe would be that I was hoping for less sun!
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre *Celebrating an Independent Scotland or United Kingdom?*
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

highlight of the day though: Tedeschi Trucks. fucking killed it

The crowd was fucking horrible yesterday, but Kanye made everything worth it. He blew me away.

Hopefully all the high schoolers go to Macklemore during Tom Petty.

Also, Chocolands: Get whatever the chocolate ice cream was at Humphry Slocombe, so delicious.

Did anyone get the donut burger from Straw?

Also, what the fuck with the stupid new water system. It's not efficient at all.

What do we gain from it?

Whats the new water system entail?

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    The crowd was fucking horrible yesterday, but Kanye made everything worth it. He blew me away.

Hopefully all the high schoolers go to Macklemore during Tom Petty.

Also, Chocolands: Get whatever the chocolate ice cream was at Humphry Slocombe, so delicious.

How did Kanye blow you away. He had a complete backing track for every song, and when he did "sing", it was not even singing, and it was completely autotuned. And he barely sang, he let a good portion of songs just play on the speakers themselves.

It was just him dancing around with a mask on.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    How did Kanye blow you away. He had a complete backing track for every song, and when he did "sing", it was not even singing, and it was completely autotuned. And he barely sang, he let a good portion of songs just play on the speakers themselves.

Everyone I talked to said he was god awful. "Worst main stage set ever" is how one of my friends put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Everyone I talked to said he was god awful. "Worst main stage set ever" is how one of my friends put it.
    Hearing this brings me some sort of sick pleasure.

9/18 Owen Pallett, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/1 Jenny Lewis, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/19 Chrissie Hynde, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

Weather was amazing yesterday. I couldn't believe we got that much sun.

Started with the Janis Joplin tribute which was curated by Janis' brother and was a pretty good start to the day. The girl that plays Janis on Broadway is probably going to be the best singer I hear all weekend even if she did get a little screachy.

Run the Jewels were great and it was boss that they brought up Qbert for a little session. Holy Ghost were meh. Mikal Cronin rocked it out, Chromeo were enjoyable. Disclosure were better at the Greek but still pretty good (they don't just hit buttons, they do actually play some instruments and sing, fyi). Icey in the Dome dropping Bass in all the correct ways.(fucking sucks its still the dome but it wasn't that crowded the times I went in so at least we could move/dance in there). And then Kanye who I thought started strong but then too much auto-tune and was just ok overall.

Looking forward to another full day. I got to run out to check Trails and Ways in an hour.

Crowd was pretty cool in my book. Although seeing a couple people taken out on strechers is never a good sign. Dont do the brown acid people!

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post

Production was awesome and he was really into it. I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Whats the new water system entail?
    Machines that filter the water 7 times and then pour out the water fairly slowly.

I think people who unabashedly adore Kanye are going to be impressed by whatever bullshit he does on stage. Xanman's going to say he killed it.

People hate cuz they aint! That dude killed it!! Sorry he isn't still desperately holding onto his backsack like y'all are, but I'm sure he's got a different sack y'all can hold onto!
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Honestly what rapper has a band backing him anymore?

Deltron

Rash of fake tickets plagues Outside Lands festival
    Aidin Vaziri
    Updated 12:28 pm, Saturday, August 9, 2014

There were tears. So many tears. Tens of thousands of people streamed into the west end of Golden Gate Park on Friday afternoon for the kickoff of the seventh annual Outside Lands festival - many only to be turned away at the entrance gates after learning they had purchased counterfeit tickets.
    "I can't believe it," said Elizabeth Cassidy, 23, of Southern California, wearing a flower crown and wiping her cheek. In her hand, she held what appeared to be an official Ticketmaster issued voucher with the word "VOID" scrawled across it in red ink. "It looked totally real. The guy who sold it to me even said he would even walk me in."
    San Francisco police said they seized hundreds of the expertly forged passes to the giant three-day music festival, many from groups of scalpers who worked the perimeter of the park, charging up to $1,000 for the fakes.

There was certainly enough demand. With high-profile headliners Kanye West, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and the Killers, who close out the festival on Sunday, the real tickets for this year's concert -- ranging in price from $115 to $595 - sold out in just 24 hours.
    That didn't stop everyone from trying to get in. Officers from the nearby Richmond station said they handed out dozens of citations to people either jumping the fences or charging through the gates.

As many as 200,000 actual ticket holders are expected to attend Outside Lands over the weekend, according to the concert's co-promoters, Another Planet Entertainment and Superfly Presents. This year's festival features more than 100 acts performing across seven stages, as well as 70 local food vendors, 36 wineries, 16 breweries and countless corporate sponsored tents and activities, including a pop-up Heineken dance music club, Esquire Network barbershop and a culinary themed lounge co-curated by Chefs Feed.
    Festival highlights on Friday included a mid-afternoon set of sophisticated country-pop from Grammy nominee Kacey Musgraves, contemporary disco from beardy Canadian duo Chromeo and boisterous British guitar rock from the Arctic Monkeys, who played opposite West's massive ego show on the main stage.

The organizers ramped up security all around this year, installing surveillance cameras, hiring additional officers and re-routing paths in and out of the festival grounds after reports of three sexual assaults in 2012.

They also called on extra tow trucks and parking control officers to keep neighbors' driveways clear and hand out $110 tickets to people double-parked along Fulton and Lincoln streets, which swarmed with buses, taxis and a variety of car services.

Citing a surge in ride requests, Uber jacked its prices up to five times the normal rate, sending users a message that referenced several West song titles: "Bound 2 be high demand ... So wait until it all falls down."

Apart from the usual round of complaints - litter on the streets, public urination and attendees trying to sneak in booze - police reported no major incidents. The weather seemed to cooperate as well, with the fog clearing out by mid-afternoon to let the sun shine through.

There was some compensation for those who didn't make it inside Outside Lands. Residents from neighborhoods as far away as Pacific Heights, the Castro and Noe Valley claimed they could hear the concert just fine from their living rooms.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    Honestly what rapper has a band backing him anymore?
    Run the Jewels
    Translation

Last.fm