Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by That's Sir Honey Badger View Post
    You obviously don't know anything about that route. I live out here, have taken the N-Judah in from the beach every goddamn time for OL, and it has never been crowded heading from Ocean Beach in to the park. You are a unbelievable fool or an outright liar just looking to keep people out of the area to claim otherwise.
    Lulz. He lives two blocks from the N and probably takes it all the time. Don't be a tool, whoever you are.

On topic:
    Just lucked into two Saturday passes. Anyone good on Saturday? Most of the lineup looks about an inch short of wretched.

And as is the same every year: bring layers. It will likely be damp & overcast with just enough sunshine tossed in now & then to necessitate a touch of sunscreen.

Edit: I don't know who or what the Scumfrog is but that name alone puts it on my radar of shit to see.
    Last edited by greghead; 08-04-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Just lucked into two Saturday passes. Anyone good on Saturday? Most of the lineup looks about an inch short of wretched.
    Christopher Owens, John Butler Trio
    Last edited by guedita; 08-04-2014 at 05:39 PM.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Trails and Ways should be good early on Saturday. But I haven't seen them before so I'm just assuming they will be decent.

Got some sun out here today for a couple hours in the afternoon today which is a big improvement over the last couple weeks. Hopefully the weather keeps improving like the forecast says and we could have some fun in the sun this weekend.

I walked around the site today and they have the main area pretty much done. Was hoping to see the new screen at Twin Peaks but they only had the base and posts built for that stage so far.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    For Lykke Li, the crowd looked to be quite receptive and respectful toward her new material. I feel better about our chances of having a solid crowd for Lykke Li, so long as there isnt a ton of fan girls repeatedly screaming their undying love for Lykke Li.
    I'll stay home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

I still have them if you're interested. nikgallo was also me! My friend was registering his coachella wristband on my laptop and I posted with out realizing he hadn't been signed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    How much are these? Might need 2. Also, buying from relatively unknown board members sketches me out.
    I still have them if you're interested. nikgallo was also me! My friend was registering his coachella wristband on my laptop and I posted with out realizing he hadn't been signed out.

Pm me if you want them!

Lurker

Newbie question here: can you bring outside food into the festival? I'd rather not have to leave a show to go eat.

Quote Originally Posted by qshoe1989 View Post
    Newbie question here: can you bring outside food into the festival? I'd rather not have to leave a show to go eat.
    Should be on the website, but in past years you have been able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Deer Tick are a great live band. When I saw them a few years ago they approached the set like a show band, playing 110 minutes and including six covers, from "Maybellene" to "Can't Hardly Wait." The entire set was great even though I hardly knew them.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    My favorite cover of the night was "Can't Hardly Wait" by the Replacements. That was followed by Tom Petty's "Breakdown," which got more crowd response.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Edit: I don't know who or what the Scumfrog is but that name alone puts it on my radar of shit to see.
    He's a really solid tech house DJ - big in the burner scene. Saw him at a Distrikt party in Oakland not too long ago and he was great. I probably won't make it to see him at OL, but I'm hoping I have the energy to swing by and catch him at Public Works Saturday night. https://soundcloud.com/robot-heart/s...rning-man-2013

For lands end stage I'm debating to be on the right or left side watching kanye because I always prefer concerts watching from the left side. But I saw pictures of outsidelands and the main stage crowd is divided by a run way and the left side doesn't look evenly placed and the right side covers the center of the stage more. Can someone that has attended osl give me advise about which side is better if I'm planning to watch up close?

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post
    Should be on the website, but in past years you have been able to.
    I spent some time looking for this answer yesterday; it doesn't appear to be on the main site. I only found answers on previous years' forum posts and news articles (generally, yes, you could bring in outside food). No official rule this year, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by christeezy18 View Post
    For lands end stage I'm debating to be on the right or left side watching kanye because I always prefer concerts watching from the left side. But I saw pictures of outsidelands and the main stage crowd is divided by a run way and the left side doesn't look evenly placed and the right side covers the center of the stage more. Can someone that has attended osl give me advise about which side is better if I'm planning to watch up close?
    I've used the railing separating the stage left VIP section from GA to good effect in moving close to the stage. Though, once you are close, I recommend moving away from the railing toward center stage. This will allow you to be away from those people after you with the same idea.
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by christeezy18 View Post
    For Kanye's performance, I think the best viewing angle is going to be on the east side of the park, where Speedway Meadow used to be.

from checking out a few videos it looks like The Flaming Lips are stepping up their game and taking their shows a bit more seriously this year (as in filling up their time mostly with songs and not rhetoric). this could be a very fun set
    9/27 - Simian Mobile Disco - Mezzanine
    10/2 - Elton John - SAP Center
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - DJ Shadow + Cut Chemist - Mezzanine
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Hard Day of the Dead - Fairplex
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

old school

Stepping up your game is to be expected when you can an integral member of any successful band.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Would everyone be pissed if the Lips just did Sgt. Peppers all the way through? I'd love it.

yes. I really, really want to see them open with The Abandoned Hospital Ship like they have been recently.
    9/27 - Simian Mobile Disco - Mezzanine
    10/2 - Elton John - SAP Center
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - DJ Shadow + Cut Chemist - Mezzanine
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Hard Day of the Dead - Fairplex
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    yes. I really, really want to see them open with The Abandoned Hospital Ship like they have been recently.
    This. Also I'm really hoping we get their cover of Golden Path.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    I spent some time looking for this answer yesterday; it doesn't appear to be on the main site. I only found answers on previous years' forum posts and news articles (generally, yes, you could bring in outside food). No official rule this year, it seems.
    I didn't find anything either. A friend of mine who went last year said they were not allowing food in and were strict about it. Anyone experience this?

Richmond/Sunset residents: what's the fog weather looking like in the early to late afternoon today and the past few days? Using accuweather/weather.com for GGP is useless because they pick whatever high-rise building downtown has the most sunshine on it for that day and measure from that.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Your best bet is to use weather.gov and the 94122 zip code. That gives you the forecast for GGP. It's looking to be foggy in the morning with a high of around 62 and a low of 58. The forecast does say the sun should come out in the afternoon, so that will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Deer Tick are a great live band. When I saw them a few years ago they approached the set like a show band, playing 110 minutes and including six covers, from "Maybellene" to "Can't Hardly Wait." The entire set was great even though I hardly knew them.
    So far this is the only band I know/am excited for. They're really solid. The rest looks pretty meh.

Looks like Saturday is going to be boooooozy.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Richmond/Sunset residents: what's the fog weather looking like in the early to late afternoon today and the past few days? Using accuweather/weather.com for GGP is useless because they pick whatever high-rise building downtown has the most sunshine on it for that day and measure from that.
    I posted about this yesterday but there was a solid few sunny hours in the afternoon yesterday in the Park. I would say from 3-7ish. This was much better than how it had been the last week+. I was in Seattle most of the day today, but I just got back home and its your typical foggy summer day today. I'll try to give a weather report the next couple days too.

But good call on the Weather.gov site Claw. Here is what it says for the weekend:

Friday Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
    Friday Night Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Saturday Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
    Saturday Night Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Sunday Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
    Sunday Night Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.

If that forecast holds up we will be in for about as good as we can get weather wise. It will still be cold at night but much better than cold and foggy during the day and bone chillingly cold at night.

I'm fine with cooler weather and cloudy skies... I got a nasty sunburn at Dolores on Sunday after getting all gung-ho about that fine summer weather (mid-60s, mostly cloudy). I usually know better than that and come prepared, but we didn't intend to go to the park, so we were sunscreenless.

I didn't find anything either. A friend of mine who went last year said they were not allowing food in and were strict about it. Anyone experience this?
    the past two years i've brought in trail mix and apples with no issues

On Facebook, Trails and Ways are giving away 2 Saturday passess to Outside Lands to the 2 best captions (enter by noon PST Thursday) for the following photo:

https://www.facebook.com/TRAILSANDWA...type=1&theater

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    the past two years i've brought in trail mix and apples with no issues
    Good to hear. Definitely bringing food then.

I've always brought in munchies and "sealed" bottles of "water." They can be pretty lax on bag checks at OSL. As for weather, it is going to be unpredictably foggy AND sunny over the course of the weekend. Nights will be relatively chilly. Bring layers and a small tube of sunblock.

Free with RSVP (rsvp does not guarantee entry)

Edit:

Since I have no interest in Kanye or the Arctic Monkeys, I think I may get have to get down with the funk.
    Last edited by fikus222; 08-06-2014 at 11:17 AM.