Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

People on reddit claiming tickets are available on Ticketmaster... get on that http://www.reddit.com/r/OutsideLands...m_ticetmaster/

Edit: Just checked, it's legit.
    Last edited by nickntto; 07-28-2014 at 10:59 PM.

No Friday tix
    9/18- CHVRCHES, Fox Theater
    9/20 & 21- Beyond Wonderland
    9/22 & 23- Katy Perry, SAP Center
    9/26- Modest Mouse, Masonic
    10/2- Savoy, Indy
    10/3-10/5- TBD Festival
    10/10- Snoop Dogg, Shoreline
    10/14- Kill the Noise, Catalyst
    10/24- Little Dragon, Fox Theater
    11/1 & 11/2- Day of the Dead Festival
    11/6- Bassnectar, Montbleu
    11/9- Hardwell, Bill Graham
    11/25- London Grammar, Fox Theater

T-minus 10 days and counting. Getting excited for OSL #6 for me. I'm hoping the weather gets all the cold and foggy days out of the way before the fest because its been full on Fogust over here in Golden Gate Park/Sunset area since the weekend. I'll give you guys some weather updates when we get closer in to the fest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandonsel View Post
    I might have a three day pass that isn't being used on Friday and Sunday. If somebody was willing to meet me at the front gate around 1130 on either day $110 would get you in. Let me know if you are interested.
    Okie dokie, I definitely have these available. Let me know if you are interested at all.

Also, just a heads up, Lolla just announced their webcast schedule and they are playing a bunch of OSL bands to help you out with any sort of conflict problems. Its posted in the Lolla thread.

Right on, look's like I'll be home just in time Friday to see Lykke Li's performance. Prolly check out Jenny Lewis on Saturday and give Flume a gander on Sunday too.
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre *Celebrating an Independent Scotland or United Kingdom?*
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Another heads up, they moved the schedule around a little bit on Friday. Looks like all the main stage people are coming on 15 minutes later than originally planned. It works out for me so I have a somewhat legit shot of seeing Mikal Cronin and Icey in between Holy Ghost->Chromeo->Disclosure. But that will be a lot of running around and I've learned you have to pick your moments for that. Maybe, if I get there early, I can check out the Janis Joplin thing before Run the Jewels.

Kanye cut his time by 5 minutes but probably more likely by 15, unless he was really going to stop at 9:50.

Icey is playing a 2 hour set now, up from the 1.5 hours before. Gorgon City is 1.75 hours (+15 minutes) and Green Velvet is 2.5 hours which is an extra hour of bonus time!

Also, USPS Janis Joplin Tribute featuring Special Guests Mary Bridget Davies, Kacey Musgraves and Nicki Bluhm, fyi.
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 07-29-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Kanye cut his time by 5 minutes but probably more likely by 15, unless he was really going to stop at 9:50.
    Shitty they cut Kanye's time, I would've loved a 2 hour set. But realistically, they made it a later start time to avoid people getting mad at him showing up late. I hope they prepped him at how hard of a stop OSL has at 10:00pm though, it would suck to have him cut-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

I have one GA ticket available for face for a boardie. I thought I could float it this year but this new job has me locked down. PM me if interested I have the physical ticket as well as purchase verification etc., I also have a shuttle pass. Located in San Diego.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

I have a pair of friends that decided they can't go. They're selling a pair of 3-day passes for face plus fees and located in SD. PM me if you care.

In real OSL news I'm super excited for my second time at the fest! This fest always feels a lot more relaxing than Coachella and I'm excited for some good beer selections!
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Another heads up, they moved the schedule around a little bit on Friday. Looks like all the main stage people are coming on 15 minutes later than originally planned. It works out for me so I have a somewhat legit shot of seeing Mikal Cronin and Icey in between Holy Ghost->Chromeo->Disclosure. But that will be a lot of running around and I've learned you have to pick your moments for that. Maybe, if I get there early, I can check out the Janis Joplin thing before Run the Jewels.

Icey is playing a 2 hour set now, up from the 1.5 hours before. Gorgon City is 1.75 hours (+15 minutes) and Green Velvet is 2.5 hours which is an extra hour of bonus time!

Also, USPS Janis Joplin Tribute featuring Special Guests Mary Bridget Davies, Kacey Musgraves and Nicki Bluhm, fyi.
    Cheers. Good sleuthing on the time stuff. I wouldn't have noticed. As for that USPS thing, I think I'll pass.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post
    Shitty they cut Kanye's time, I would've loved a 2 hour set. But realistically, they made it a later start time to avoid people getting mad at him showing up late. I hope they prepped him at how hard of a stop OSL has at 10:00pm though, it would suck to have him cut-off.
    He's still going to show up late. It seems like he probably asked to be pushed back so that he is playing after Tedeschi Trucks Band is finished.

this is my first time posting on here but I have been watchin 4 years and I have made Outside Lands all 6 years. after convincing my buddy to come along this year he is now not able to go I have 4 VIP three day passes for 450 each

That's a steal. Too bad I already have GA tickets, purchased at cost, or I would jump on those.

Lurker

Hello - this is my 3rd OSL, but the first that I have not rented in the area allowing us to walk to the festival. A group of us will be carpooling daily from the San Mateo area. I know there is limited parking around the park, but looking for any guidance of streets that are better than others to find parking. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Two years ago I drove every day and never spent more than 20 minutes looking for parking. Get there on the early side and you should be fine. Just don't expect to park anywhere near the entrance - look further away and plan on walking a bit to get to and from your car. And be careful to not block any driveways!

I think it's best to park on the Sunset side of the park, especially if you're coming from San Mateo. The earlier you get there, the better, but I still think I was able to find a spot in between Lawton/Moraga one afternoon last year

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

There's an entrance through the woods at 31st-ish ave on the Sunset side or more official entrances around 25th ave or 34th Ave but then you will still have to walk a little bit to get to the festival entrance. The less official entrance is a little steep but you basically walk right to where the line starts forming to get into the fest. If you park in the 25th to 37th Ave area on the Sunset side (south of Golden Gate Park), then you will have a short walk into the fest. And the earlier the better.

Also, good article on Spoon here:

http://grantland.com/features/spoon-...y-soul-review/

Sunset is the way to go.

Get into a grid bordered by Moraga/ Lincoln, and 31st/ 36th anytime before the fest starts and you're golden.

Post-show exit down Sunset Blvd. to 280 is also a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by diffbean View Post
    Hello - this is my 3rd OSL, but the first that I have not rented in the area allowing us to walk to the festival. A group of us will be carpooling daily from the San Mateo area. I know there is limited parking around the park, but looking for any guidance of streets that are better than others to find parking. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
    I usually park south of the park at around 34th and Lawton (in that vicinity), and then just hike it in from there. Always possible to find a spot. Though a bit of walking is required.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

sounds awesome on the Janis Tribute, I'll for sure be there for that.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

Lurker

Thanks everyone for the info. From the way you are all making it sound, I won't stress too much since we will definitely be arriving early each day.

http://sfist.com/2014/07/31/new_outs...age_sounds.php

New "food-and-performance" stage.

Quote Originally Posted by CestLaVie View Post
    Here you go with the full schedule:

FRIDAY
    1:45 – 2:15 - Flavor Tripping Food Science with Chris Jones
    3:05 – 3:35 - Magician Jon Armstrong
    4:35 – 5:05 - Offal Good Music featuring Chris Cosentino
    6:05 – 6:35 - Amaro Amore!
    7:35 – 8:20 - Chocolate Gold Rush w Holy Ghost! and Guittard Chocolate Company

SATURDAY
    1:30 – 2:00 - Chefs Read Bad Reviews with Chris Beerman/Citizens Band, Antelmo Faria/Tacolicious & Chino, Richie Nakano/Hapa Ramen and host Matt Besser
    2:50 – 3:20 - Beignets & Bounce Brunch with Big Freedia and Brenda’s French Soul Food
    4:10 – 4:40 - Duck Sauce Soirée featuring Duck Sauce and Brandon Jew
    5:30 – 6:00 - Knights of the Rich Table
    7:10 – 7:40 - BBQ & Drank feat Lewis Black, Dave McLean, Paul Grieco, Andie Ferman & Southpaw BBQ

SUNDAY
    1:30 – 2:00 - Christopher Kostow
    2:50 – 3:30 - The Improvised Shakespeare Company in the Kitchen
    4:10 – 4:40 - Breakdown Breakdance: Fatted Calf vs Avedano’s
    5:40 – 6:10 - Food Fight: Marlowe vs Park Tavern
    7:20 – 8:05 - Mezcal Mambo Limbo

Sounds like the App is coming soon, which I would think means the map will be coming with it.

Ooh, I'm skipping Holy Ghost! earlier Friday, so I might just have to check out their GastroMagic set.
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre *Celebrating an Independent Scotland or United Kingdom?*

Sounds like it's just a DJ set from Holy Ghost! at the food stage. Not sure if that influences your decision at all, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Source

Hmm, yeah a DJ set does influence my decision.

Map is up. The only difference I see is that the GastroMagic spot took over the Outside Lambs/Whole Beast area. And Cheeselands is next to wine lands. Did they have Cheeselands last year?

And Cheeselands is next to wine lands. Did they have Cheeselands last year?
    I want to say no... but i could be wrong.

Map is up. The only difference I see is that the GastroMagic spot took over the Outside Lambs/Whole Beast area. And Cheeselands is next to wine lands. Did they have Cheeselands last year?
    That's a major bummer. Outside Lambs was by far the best bang for your buck in the food stakes, so to speak.

I didn't notice any other changes; they kept the relocated beer lands which is great.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07