Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

I will be checking her out, thanks for the recommendation. But if I am dissapointed, an iced lemonade will be requested for 2015 fields.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Single day tickets on sale now. $115. Sorry if i missed this post already, i am just back from my European vacation.
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Yeah, nvm on that. I just got an email from Outside Lands this morning saying that single day tickets were (still) on sale. Checked Sunday and there were no GA available. Didn't check any other day.

Havent been on the internet, so havent kept up with boards. I was too busy touring Europe.

If anyone could be so kind, I'm currently looking for a 3day GA ticket for my friend.

I see The Killers were added as a night show at the Independant Saturday night. 75 bucks is a little steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Givers got dropped a couple weeks ago.

Funny to hear about your rating system. I look at the lineup on an opportunity cost situation. I equate how much i would pay to see each band if i were to go see them factoring in set length, rarity, what i have previously paid to see them, etc. But we are all music nerds here so that's OK, right. Your system sounds more detailed though.

I think that you're right that the headliners are stronger on Friday and Saturday. They most likely cost more to book. For me Fri and Sat are worth 130 to 150 each and Sunday is only worth 80 due to the conflicts and that I have little to no interest in the headliners. But overall value is still pretty high compared to ticket cost.
    Thanks on GIVERS news, that is a bummer. Saw them at Coachella 2012 and they put on a good show.

Yea, I rate every band on the lineup, and then the day of is when I actually decide what I want to do in terms of conflicts. Does depend on a few main factors - if I have seen either band before, who is playing where for ease of access to next set, etc. OSL is particularly challenging since going from Lands End to Sutro is tough, same with Sutro to Panhandle/Twin Peaks. My favorite combo is going back and forth between Panhandle/Twin Peaks. And for conflicts, I always give the edge to the band on the smaller stage, since you can get closer and with much less chaos as opposed to the larger stage. Maybe that's why I had a such a good time at OSL 2013 Sunday, since I basically avoided the main stage almost entirely, and ended up at Sutro/Panhandle/Twin Peaks the whole day. That day was epic for me (my favorite single day of a festival until Coachella 2014 Friday took that title away)

OSL did have the formula for booking headliners down - controversial (Kanye), old (Tom Petty), and contemporary (The Killers, Tiesto, Macklemore). My main problem with Friday is that I seem to have some gaps where I'm really not that excited to see many bands. Saturday is a little better than Friday, but still some gaps remain. Sunday is absolutely loaded from start to finish. Just wish they could have spread out some of the Sunday bands to Fri and Sat.
    Last edited by gopher37; 07-24-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

Has anyone seen Garfunkel & Oates live? I've got some time Friday afternoon and wondered if their material translated well in a live setting.
    12/31 NYE w/ Chromeo @ Fort Mason
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    02/13 Breakbot @ The Mezzanine (?)
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Still have 2 3-day passes for sale. These are face value, but aren't at the early bird price. Need these gone, so somebody take them or I will have to burn them to keep me warm at night.

16 days til Tom Petty so Im listening to 1 of his 16 albums each day. Today was the debut. Such a fucking rocking first album.

anyone else besides me thinking about watching kanye for a while and then switching to arctic monkeys and is it a good ideal to do that? also who is better live flume or chvrches? I have not seen either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I'd implore all of you to stop by there on your way to Lykke Li to at least check her out.
    I'd implore all of you to consider the repercussions of not taking guedita's imploration seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No, I know [Muse and The Killers] are headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastlesFreak View Post
    Ah!!!!!!!!!! The one day of the year I can't go to a show, and it's my all time favorite band. NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought that was CC. Change your damn name to ''Killersfolyfe''

Newb question....but are there ins and outs? (I doubt it)

Couldn't find any info on the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Newb question....but are there ins and outs? (I doubt it)

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarinn18 View Post
    anyone else besides me thinking about watching kanye for a while and then switching to arctic monkeys and is it a good ideal to do that? also who is better live flume or chvrches? I have not seen either of them.
    I'm thinking of doing that, but that's only because I've seen both Kanye and AM before. If AM is too packed in at that bottleneck, I'll walk back to Kanye.
    Can't speak for Flume, but having seen Chvrches at both their own show and in the middle of the day at a fest, they work a lot better with their light show, which they won't get at 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Yes - twice. The band is super tight, they venture into extended psych out jams and then swoop right back into the melody. She's got a bunch of new material, too. I'd implore all of you to stop by there on your way to Lykke Li to at least check her out.
    Well that sounds better than what I expected. I'm still on the fence between 1/2 set of Courtney and Spoon or full set of Courtney and Lykke Li. I know the smart thing to do will be the latter, but its been 5 years since I've seen Spoon and I'm jonesing for some melodic indie pop.

Spoon will be back once their album drops, though I do understand the need to see a fav band as many times as possible.

Edit:

I fear how the crowd will be for Lykke Li. Her time slot doesn't have the right competition to draw away undesirables. However, Lykke Li has already played festivals with her new material, so hopefully this experience will help divert some of the inevitable crowd crap.
    Last edited by fikus222; 07-25-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    12/31 NYE w/ Chromeo @ Fort Mason
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    02/13 Breakbot @ The Mezzanine (?)
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

So does this Killers aftershow really start before the Fest ends? I tried calling the venue, but the person working was about as clueless as I was.

I know Lolla aftershows usually "start" at 10:00, but they'll have DJs, support bands, etc. to buy some time for people coming from the park. Will that be the case here?

It won't. They'll have an opening band or DJ, it'll just be announced later. Killers will probably go on around 11:30, maybe 12:00.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    Spoon will be back once their album drops, though I do understand the need to see a fav band as many times as possible.

Edit:

I fear how the crowd will be for Lykke Li. Her time slot doesn't have the right competition to draw away undesirables. However, Lykke Li has already played festivals with her new material, so hopefully this experience will help divert some of the inevitable crowd crap.
    Any festival has its assholes... Luckily Lykke Li has a ton of fans in this area who will be eager to see her. This is how I feel about Warpaint on Friday though.

Friday is gonna be amazing. Going to get a great spot for warpaint disclosure & kanye. That's all I could ask for. <3

Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    Any festival has its assholes... Luckily Lykke Li has a ton of fans in this area who will be eager to see her. This is how I feel about Warpaint on Friday though.
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that Warpaint crowd, just because in my experiences, any stage Tegan and Sara is playing tends to attract the worst people in the world (i.e. Blackberry-twiddling 17-year-old girls upset they can't get service to access Tumblr during other bands). Might leave Phosphorescent a bit early, we'll see.

I think Lykke Li will have enough fans for a decent crowd, though.
    Last edited by thepiratepenguin; 07-26-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that Warpaint crowd, just because in my experiences, any stage Tegan and Sara is playing tends to attract the worst people in the world (i.e. Blackberry-twiddling 17-year-old girls upset they can't get service to access Tumblr during other bands). Might leave Phosphorescent a bit early, we'll see.

I think Lykke Li will have enough fans for a decent crowd, though.
    I'm planning on leaving Phosphorescent early too, and I'm ready to tell any person who starts yapping away during the Warpaint set to shut the fuck up. They're the band I'm most looking forward to... The thought of a stage that has Grouplove > Tegan & Sara gives me a headache.
    Last edited by nickntto; 07-26-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Lol yeah. Tegan and Sara is one of my least favorite bands of all time

AH JUS WANT BACK IN YO HEAD
    Over and over again can be very irritating

i have 2!

Anyone need tickets? I have two extras

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster3000 View Post
    Still have 2 3-day passes for sale. These are face value, but aren't at the early bird price. Need these gone, so somebody take them or I will have to burn them to keep me warm at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolasgallo View Post
    i have 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by taravierra View Post
    Anyone need tickets? I have two extras
    How much are these? Might need 2. Also, buying from relatively unknown board members sketches me out.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

I might have a three day pass that isn't being used on Friday and Sunday. If somebody was willing to meet me at the front gate around 1130 on either day $110 would get you in. Let me know if you are interested.

Lurker

Anyone thats got a few people and yall are looking for a place to stay in the Haight area go post here. I dont want to have to look in two places but no ones responded on Reddit yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/OutsideLands...e_not_found_a/