Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Yep, it would definitely be a departure from what they normally do but this is the first year they will have a Hip Hop main stage headliner so those other acts do fit in more with Kanye then say Arctic Monkeys or Tegan and Sara.
    I would be surprised if that wasn't how it went. Look at what the main at Coachella looked like this year...OSL took note, and rightfully so, this is what keeps a main stage at a festival packed in 2014. Disclosure and Kanye are easily 2 of the biggest draws for the majority of the ticket buyers. Enjoy the shitshow.

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I would be surprised if that wasn't how it went. Look at what the main at Coachella looked like this year...OSL took note, and rightfully so, this is what keeps a main stage at a festival packed in 2014. Disclosure and Kanye are easily 2 of the biggest draws for the majority of the ticket buyers. Enjoy the shitshow.
    I'm not sure that's true at all. But I tell you what, Arctic Monkeys on Twin Peaks has all the makings of a complete clusterfuck.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    I'm not sure that's true at all. But I tell you what, Arctic Monkeys on Twin Peaks has all the makings of a complete clusterfuck.
    To the casual listener Kanye and Disclosure are by far the biggest names on the lineup on Friday.

Kanye is absolutely the biggest draw. Macklemore is second, Disclosure is third.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

RD tweet: "Ranger Dave is sharpening his pencil on the schedule and checking it twice."

ITS COMING

So stoked!! I have been to this fest every year except year 1 so it will be nice to finally see Tom Petty in GG park!

from popularity of "likes" and scheduling, arctic monkeys are the top act next to the killers. I think it would be stupid to place them on the twin peaks against kanye and I bet the "god" kanye wouldn't be happy if his crowd was split or less than. Chromeo >Disclosure TP
    Tegan and Sara > Arctic Monkeys > Kanye would be the best in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Joshkitchen90 View Post
    RD tweet: "Ranger Dave is sharpening his pencil on the schedule and checking it twice."

ITS COMING
    Nice. Ranger Dave up early today to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster3000 View Post
    from popularity of "likes" and scheduling, arctic monkeys are the top act next to the killers. I think it would be stupid to place them on the twin peaks against kanye and I bet the "god" kanye wouldn't be happy if his crowd was split or less than. Chromeo >Disclosure TP
    Tegan and Sara > Arctic Monkeys > Kanye would be the best in my eyes
    Not that this is really worth debating, but you're basing the draw of Kanye vs. Arctic Monkeys and The Killers off of a poll of people less than 10% of the total number of attendees.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

you are right, but that is a little popularity contest nonetheless and I do think AM vs. Kanye is some sort of Lolla shit and hard to imagine.

Schedule is up.

I don't see a direct link from the homepage but you can get to it from the schedule link at this page:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...dule-revealed/

Looks like they added a Janis Joplin Tribute show on Friday.

I'm surprised Atmosphere is closing Sutro on Saturday and not subheadlining into Macklemore. And the Sunday afternoon conflictfuckapalooza is worse than expected with Courtney Barnett in the middle of the day at the Panhandle.

Overall its not too bad though and Friday mainstage looks like a good time.

So ngrim92 wasn't fucking with us. Shout out and props to you, Ngrim, whoever you are!
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 07-22-2014 at 12:51 PM.

some more tickets got released on TM as well, I just swiped one
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Sunday's mid-afternoon to early evening clusterfuck is inexcusable.
    12/31 NYE w/ Chromeo @ Fort Mason
    01/28 Beacon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    02/13 Breakbot @ The Mezzanine
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

I knew Spoon vs. Lykke Li was probably inevitable, but still, fuck.

Minimal complaints for Friday and Saturday, though.

Friday:

Night Terrors of 1927 > Phosphorescent > Warpaint > Chromeo/Grouplove > Disclosure/Tegan & Sara

Saturday:

The Kooks > Jagwar Ma > Tycho > Haim > Capital Cities > DCFC > Boys Noize > Tom Petty

Sunday:

Lucius > Flume > Courtney Barnett > Lykke Li > Gardens & Villa > Cut//Copy > Gold Panda > The Killers (not by choice)

I like to use festivals to see good bands I don't want to pay to see on their own, so I am bummed about having to skip Spoon and Jenny Lewis.

Edit:

After seeing CHVRCHES 3 times and meeting them twice, I'm bored with their one album and am super glad they will help draw the swill away from Flume's crowd.
    Last edited by fikus222; 07-22-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    12/31 NYE w/ Chromeo @ Fort Mason
    01/28 Beacon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    02/13 Breakbot @ The Mezzanine
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

I got my hopes up trying to get a Friday GA ticket . CHVRCHES vs Flume?!?! Noooooooo!!!!!!!
    12/18 & 19- Dillon Francis, Fox Theater
    12/31- Chromeo, Fort Mason
    1/28- Knife Party, Mezzanine
    2/1- RL Grime, Catalyst
    2/7- London Grammar, Fox Theater
    2/13- Breakbot, Mezzanine
    2/14- Crush, Bill Graham
    3/20- OK GO, Catalyst
    4/16- Alt-J, Greek Theater
    3/25- Echosmith, Regency Ballroom
    5/19- U2, SAP Center
    5/20- Lana Del Ray, Shoreline
    8/17- Taylor Swift, Levi's Stadium
    9/16- Foo Fighters, Shoreline

Friday is getting a lot of bang for your buck just camping out at the main stage. I'm going to try to get 1/2 set of Mikal Cronin and some Icey but otherwise just camping out at Lands End.

Happy and surprised to see Trails and Ways starting off Twin Peaks. I thought they were going to be on the Panhandle stage for sure. But Saturday midday is kinda dead spot for me. I've seen Tycho a couple times and they/he is alright but I was never super impressed. I'm hoping Haim is better than the few webcasts that I have seen because they don't seem to have the best stage presence no matter how many goofy faces the bassist makes.

At least I won't have to get there early for Sunday but I don't know if I'm going to catch Courtney Barnett into Lykke or watch Spoon who is one of my favorite bands. Courtney and Lykke is probably the smarter move because I feel like I'll get another chance to see Spoon more easily, but again they are one of my favorite bands. That Spoon or Lykke night show would have been great.

Eh, what can you fucking do?

Twin Peaks sounds like a mess on Friday night...but it sounds better than the alternative.

For those who saw Phoenix last year, how bad was it and do you expect it to be worse this year?
    Last edited by Listening; 07-22-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    Twin Peaks sounds like a mess on Friday night...but it sounds better than the alternative.

For those who saw Phoenix last year, how bad was it and do you expect it to be worse this year?
    I saw Phoenix and I found the crowd to pretty manageable, and, unless I've totally misread how popular Kanye will be, I can't imagine it will be worse. The part of my group that went to NIN said it was a comparatively small crowd. Assuming Kanye will draw as big as (or bigger crowd) than NIN, it will probably be more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post

Phoenix was a fucking clusterfuck last year. I honestly feel like there were more people at Phoenix than NIN, but maybe it just felt that way due to the size of the areas. But you couldn't move up for Phoenix and there were people packed behind the set of speakers that are in the middle of Twin Peaks field. We caught the first 45 minutes of Phoenix and then saw the last half hour of NIN and you could basically walk up as close as you wanted for NIN.

All that said, I don't expect it to be worse this year for Kanye v. Arctic.

At least I won't have to get there early for Sunday but I don't know if I'm going to catch Courtney Barnett into Lykke or watch Spoon who is one of my favorite bands. Courtney and Lykke is probably the smarter move because I feel like I'll get another chance to see Spoon more easily, but again they are one of my favorite bands. That Spoon or Lykke night show would have been great.

That's what I'm thinking. Probably gonna do Lykke Li because I have a feeling she'll stop touring well before Spoon does, who don't even have their new album out yet.

Seems like I will be spending most of my time at the main stage this year.

And I finally get to see Disclosure...and I'm sorry I doubted whoever said they were going to before Kanye.

Phoenix was a fucking clusterfuck last year. I honestly feel like there were more people at Phoenix than NIN, but maybe it just felt that way due to the size of the areas. But you couldn't move up for Phoenix and there were people packed behind the set of speakers that are in the middle of Twin Peaks field. We caught the first 45 minutes of Phoenix and then saw the last half hour of NIN and you could basically walk up as close as you wanted for NIN.

That sounds awful...and it doesn't help that there doesn't appear to be an exit at Twin Peaks. Do they open the fence up to make an exit after they finish? I can't remember if they did after Sigur Ros ended.

Maybe it won't be as bad with Kaney/AM, I just figure there's going to be some part of the crowd that have no interest in Kanye West, but maybe I'm overestimating it.

ugh...the Phoenix crowd was god awful

I mean, I expected it, but god damn it was bad. Luckily Phoenix put on a solid show.

Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Probably gonna do Lykke Li because I have a feeling she'll stop touring well before Spoon does, who don't even have their new album out yet.
    Yep, new album doesn't come out until August 5th. I feel like they will be coming back through in October.

Lurker

Very interesting to see arguably 2 of the 4 biggest draws of the festival going against eachother to close out Friday night. I wanted to see both Kanye and AM, so I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully AM pulls a big crowd (as I expect) to lessen the Kanye crowd a bit.

Think Spoon will be at Coachella next year? I wanna catch Lykke Li because i have been waiting 4 years to see her. I know, i know, i coulda seen her in La a few times, but fuck you, i didn't.

Saturday main stage is veeeerrry nice

And looks like TP gets the longest set of the fest

Friday is getting a lot of bang for your buck just camping out at the main stage. I'm going to try to get 1/2 set of Mikal Cronin and some Icey but otherwise just camping out at Lands End.

Happy and surprised to see Trails and Ways starting off Twin Peaks. I thought they were going to be on the Panhandle stage for sure. But Saturday midday is kinda dead spot for me. I've seen Tycho a couple times and they/he is alright but I was never super impressed. I'm hoping Haim is better than the few webcasts that I have seen because they don't seem to have the best stage presence no matter how many goofy faces the bassist makes.

Any tips for camping at the main stage? I plan to do that Saturday.