Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Jeez, already sold out? I haven't even received an official announcement, via email, twitter alert, and the main site doesn't say anything about it. What time did they go on sale?
    I think they went up for sale at 12:15. Well, at least PayPal's greed is paying off in spades for them this year...I guess.

Welp, the FAQ says a "limited" number of lockers are available to reserve online, with more available in person during the fest. I hope this means the ratio favors the in-person reservations. I have Friday off, and planned to be inside early anyway (why waste a day off twiddling my thumbs at home?)... if it doesn't work out, that just means I have to carry a small backpack around during the fest, which ain't no thang til the crowds get busy. *crosses fingers*

I highly recommend heading to the lockers immediately upon entering into the Festival Friday day. Last year, the locker line for those w/o reservations was murderously long.
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

I have no doubt. My plan would be to make a quick pitstop by beerlands first so I have something to keep me company and my thirst quenched. But ya, definitely looking to offload some shoulder baggage before getting the festival started!

I got a locker last year and only used it once. Its just easier to keep everything in your backpack especially if you are using a blanket. Having to go back and forth to the locker can make you miss parts of sets and was not practical for me and my lady last year.

Also, getting to the fest early on Friday is a strong move. Nothing like having the run of the place. Sunday early also is desolate. I was able to stroll all the way to the front of the main stage to see Charles Bradley and Dumpstaphunk in previous years.

I got a locker last year as well, and it was the only year I got one. It was primarily a convenience piece; something I could store my backpack in when I didn't want to carry it, and I could conveniently visit on trips between the main stage and anywhere else on the festival grounds. and after I snuck a substantial amount of booze in on day 1, it became home base for a refill In all, it's not a big loss if I can't get one. Hell, this year it's the price of a few beers, so the argument could go either way. Not a significant factor in my overall experience.

Lockers are available just FYI

http://www.outsidelandslockers.com/u02.htm

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Lockers are available just FYI

http://www.outsidelandslockers.com/u02.htm
    Thanks for the update! Would have been nice if they had the competence to have availabilities correctly listed through-out the day.

anyone know the password for the death cab night show?

Woohoo! Locker secured!

Sorry Fur, passwords haven't been sent out yet. Not for me, anyway.

Ranger Dave just tweeted the availability of lockers, moments after I purchased mine:

ranger dave @sfoutsidelands 30s
    ranger dave has your lockers thanks to @PayPal. reserve them now before they sell out right here http://outsidelandslockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Woohoo! Locker secured!

Sorry Fur, passwords haven't been sent out yet. Not for me, anyway.
    We have any idea of when the night show codes should be sent out? I'll admit, I haven't paid attention to them the last two years, so I don't really have a point of reference on when we should be expecting the night show codes

thanks so much for the quick replies! it was my understanding that the passwords were supposed to be sent out already... if you guys get them, could you please provide me with the death cab one? not going to outside lands, but i would like to catch them at the independent.

thanks again!

John Vanderslice added as an opener for the DCFC night show.

Does anybody want to take another shot at a Clashfinder prediction? I see nickntto's.

Quote Originally Posted by tarantule View Post
    John Vanderslice added as an opener for the DCFC night show.
    yeah just saw that... any word on the password?

Moving to the Bay Area next week and not going to Outside Lands, but really interested in DCFC. I'll gladly buy you a drink. Anybody wanna help this girl out in getting tickets? PM me!
    name's cristina
    + me on last.fm!

Quote Originally Posted by ImAroundTheFur View Post
    yeah just saw that... any word on the password?
    It would appear the super jam thing has been cancelled. It isn't on the email at all.

As for the lockers; $10 a day for a medium locker is fine for most people's needs, though it was $5 for the whole weekend last year. If people don't rent them, the prices will go back down. The large ones are huge, you could fit a 80L backpack in there.

They are available online - it's far better to just book online and skip the mammoth queue, even if you intend getting there early.
    Last edited by SavageHenry101; 07-17-2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: No Kool
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I got a locker last year and only used it once. Its just easier to keep everything in your backpack especially if you are using a blanket. Having to go back and forth to the locker can make you miss parts of sets and was not practical for me and my lady last year.

Also, getting to the fest early on Friday is a strong move. Nothing like having the run of the place. Sunday early also is desolate. I was able to stroll all the way to the front of the main stage to see Charles Bradley and Dumpstaphunk in previous years.
    I get that people drive in from out of town and stuff, but it always surprises me when people don't arrive until mid afternoon. The early sets are where most of the fun of a festival comes from, for me, by seeing bands I've never even heard of before. Corey Chisel and The Wild Feathers were both stage openers and blew me away.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Anyone get the password yet?

No password for me yet. Sounds like nobody on this forum has theirs so far. Which is strange, ranger Dave explicitly said they would be sent yesterday.

pw "gastromagic"

Me and my girlfriend will not be attending anymore and have two tickets for face value, please pm me if you would like that. We just need to get rid of these before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    It would appear the super jam thing has been cancelled. It isn't on the email at all.
    Missing from the night shows page as well. WEAK... that was the one show I was really considering attending, such a blast last year.

The Superjam's ticket page is still up and showing all the correct information (presale, general onsale times, etc). I guess I'll try it in the next 45 minutes and see what happens.

Via Ranger Dave: ranger dave is ready to get down on it at the #superjam http://bit.ly/1lcGqZv

DCFC tix purchased! Thank you most generous password-sharers!

I'm in for DCFC as well! I'm glad that there's an opener cause I didn't want to leave Kanye super early.

DCFC and Superjam locked in! Gonna be a solid weekend... I can sleep Saturday night.