Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by lyons View Post
    Does anyone have some insight into how likely a Kanye & Disclosure set time conflict will be?
    Most likely Kanye gets the 8:00-10:00 slot at the Main Stage and Disclosure gets something like 8:45-10:00 slot at twin peaks. I would be really surprised if Arctic was closing Twin Peaks.

I was trying to figure out the slotting last night for Friday as that is the only day that I don't think anyone else will be added as there are already 24 bands that day. So that works out to 6 per stage which is I think the max bands per stage.

I think it will go Teagan & Sara into Arctic Monkeys into Kanye for Main, Run the Jewels into Chromeo into Disclosure for Twin Peaks, with Mikal Cronin and Holy Ghost getting the last two slots at Panhandle and Nikki Blum into Tedeschi Trucks band the last two slots at Sutro. As for times you can look at the 2012 Friday night as a go by since McCartney's set time was extended last year and Kanye's probably only getting 2 hours this year (Same as his Bonnaroo set time).

http://prettymuchamazing.com/wp-cont...L-2012-Fri.jpg

Disclosure is so much better when they have live vocalists. I really hope they're able to bring someone out at OSL. I may be wrong, but I don't think any of their collaborators will be around CA during August

Edit:

What we need is AlunaGeorge added to the line-up. That way, we'd get the White Noise we should have got at the Greek Theater this past April.
    Last edited by fikus222; 06-07-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    12/31 NYE w/ Chromeo @ Fort Mason
    01/28 Beacon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    02/13 Breakbot @ The Mezzanine
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

I think I have perfected my clashfinder

Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    Let's see it sparky.

This was the link from before: http://clashfinder.com/s/outsidelands2/

I dunno, but I feel Duck Sauce would be on later in the day. I'm also hoping Chromeo and Kanye are on the same stage so I don't have to switch over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    I dunno, but I feel Duck Sauce would be on later in the day. I'm also hoping Chromeo and Kanye are on the same stage so I don't have to switch over.
    there has been quite a pattern with edm acts getting third slot twin peaks. last year it was zedd a-trak and baaur

Switch Spoon with Ray LaMontagne maybe? That would be a tough conflict with Cut Copy.

So Kanye's new stage setup looks fucking awesome.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...ames-festival/

No new songs, but here's the setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kanye-...-33c02045.html

I'm really pumped for this, guys.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    So Kanye's new stage setup looks fucking awesome.
    it's a giant screen.

Suited for the festival crowd, the backdrop included a scaled down version of his Yeezus tour mountain and a mammoth video screen, which depicted elaborate visuals of waterfalls, clouds, and Kanye’s mean mug.
    Dood, that sounds EPIC
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

I think you did a good job with the times. But, I don't think some of those guys at the bottom of the poster will be playing the main stage (AER, Finish Ticket, Jonathon Wilson). All of those guys scream Panhandle stage to me. I would move Mikal Cronin to later in the day at the Panhandle as well. He seems like he would fit that second to last band on Panhandle slot like Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Wavves.

And I hope that if they are not going to add an act to Saturday that they give Petty an extended set time like 2.5 or 3 hours. He's definitely has the catalog to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    it's a giant screen.
    you're damn right it is

after five straight years of OSL, it's with a heavy heart that I admit I am officially not attending this year.

I have two 3-day GA hard tickets at face value for a boardie. PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    after five straight years of OSL, it's with a heavy heart that I admit I am officially not attending this year.

Sorry to hear that. You run a good thread buddy. And you're officially a nice guy getting rid of those tickets at face since you can get more on Stubhub/Craigslist. Maybe next year we grab a beer before/at the fest.

Appreciate the effort, sir.

If you could just fix it for me to be able to see both Phosphorescent and Mikal Cronin on the Friday, that'd make for a whole weekend of zero clashes.

And, as I said before, that Clashfinder thing shows that Saturday's a pretty solid lineup right across the board. Unlike Friday.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Here's hoping Sunday doesn't turn out to have conflicts 'tween Flume & Lykke Li and Cut//Copy & Spoon, cos that would seriously suck.

Since I couldn't care less about the headliners this year, I shouldn't have any difficulty leaving the Park before the mad rush.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    Here's hoping Sunday doesn't turn out to have conflicts 'tween Flume & Lykke Li and Cut//Copy & Spoon, cos that would seriously suck.

Since I couldn't care less about the headliners this year, I shouldn't have any difficulty leaving the Park before the mad rush.
    I don't think its going to happen. I feel like Flume fits perfectly into that last slot at the Panhandle which will be playing between Cut Copy and Tiesto on Twin Peaks (examples in the past would be Wolfgang Gartner, Dillon Francis, Griz, Paper Diamond).

Also, I think Spoon will be the third to last band on the Main stage with it going Spoon into The Lips into The Killers. So if Cut Copy is in the expected subheadlining spot at Twin Peaks, you should be good there too. Not sure where Lykke Li is going to end up. She seems like she could be playing main, Twin Peaks, or Sutro. There's a possibility that she would be conflicting with Spoon or she could be on right before them as well. Now if I'm wrong and Spoon is headlining Sutro, then conflicts will be everywhere and would really suck. But I think that my anticipated schedule makes sense.

I really hope they don't cheap out with the comedy tent this year since it already sold out. We really need some decent comedy acts to round out what I think will be weaker early parts of the day (especially Friday early).

I hope you're right re: Flume and Cut//Copy. Also, IMO, Lykke Li fits Sutro and Spoon, Land's End.

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post

Sent you a message.

As much as I could see Flume closing Panhandle, that sounds like a terrible idea crowd wise. I remember after Coachella all everyone kept talking about was how his set packed the Gobi tent like no other and that it was almost impossible to move... the Panhandle area is in the near the middle of a bottleneck.

Where the FUCK are the night show announcements

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Where the FUCK are the night show announcements
    No kidding. We are officially less than two months away from the fest and all they have given us is the beer/food/wine lands info. I think they are slacking because it sold out so quick, they don't really care. Or they don't need to parse out information trying to drive more ticket sales.

Hopefully, with Roo being this week, they will start to focus on OSL next week. We still need the following: Music artist additions, Night shows, Comedy Tent additions, DJ tent additions, and a schedule.

But APE is a couple weeks behind on getting the Treasure Island Festival info out and a week or so behind on the Life is Beautiful festival. Thats a lot of shit they got to get a handle on in the next couple of weeks.

As much as I could see Flume closing Panhandle, that sounds like a terrible idea crowd wise. I remember after Coachella all everyone kept talking about was how his set packed the Gobi tent like no other and that it was almost impossible to move... the Panhandle area is in the near the middle of a bottleneck.
    So you think Flume will be early in the day on Twin Peaks? It would have to be something like Flume into Boys Noize into Chvrches into Cut Copy into Tiesto? Seems really early in the day for Flume to be playing, but that could work out schedule wise as well I guess.

I don't see Flume being anywhere other than Twin Peaks or Panhandle. In the past three years they have never had an EDM act on the main stage and the closest thing to EDM on the Sutro was Little Dragon. And that's a stretch to call them EDM.

Flume is way to big for Panhandle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I don't think its going to happen. I feel like Flume fits perfectly into that last slot at the Panhandle which will be playing between Cut Copy and Tiesto on Twin Peaks (examples in the past would be Wolfgang Gartner, Dillon Francis, Griz, Paper Diamond).

Also, I think Spoon will be the third to last band on the Main stage with it going Spoon into The Lips into The Killers. So if Cut Copy is in the expected subheadlining spot at Twin Peaks, you should be good there too. Not sure where Lykke Li is going to end up. She seems like she could be playing main, Twin Peaks, or Sutro. There's a possibility that she would be conflicting with Spoon or she could be on right before them as well. Now if I'm wrong and Spoon is headlining Sutro, then conflicts will be everywhere and would really suck. But I think that my anticipated schedule makes sense.

I really hope they don't cheap out with the comedy tent this year since it already sold out. We really need some decent comedy acts to round out what I think will be weaker early parts of the day (especially Friday early).
    I hope Lykke Li doesn't get lumbered with an early main stage set. If everything was fair and just, she'd be on approaching evening, especially if she's playing stuff off her new record, which is pretty mellow and dark. I have a feeling she'll be on Twin Peaks late afternoon, if only because she's far too popular for Sutro (and I hope they've learned their lesson after the Alabama Shakes fiasco).

I suspect we aren't going to have any adds; the schedules seem pretty strong apart from Friday and that is because of quality and not numbers, for me. The comedy tent usually underwhelms anyway, and the night shows are kind of luck of the draw. Somebody like Deer Tick at Bimbos would be awesome.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    I hope Lykke Li doesn't get lumbered with an early main stage set. If everything was fair and just, she'd be on approaching evening, especially if she's playing stuff off her new record, which is pretty mellow and dark. I have a feeling she'll be on Twin Peaks late afternoon, if only because she's far too popular for Sutro (and I hope they've learned their lesson after the Alabama Shakes fiasco).

I suspect we aren't going to have any adds; the schedules seem pretty strong apart from Friday and that is because of quality and not numbers, for me. The comedy tent usually underwhelms anyway, and the night shows are kind of luck of the draw. Somebody like Deer Tick at Bimbos would be awesome.
    I don't think Twin Peaks does mellow and dark late afternoon sets though. Its usually the uptempo/indietronic/edm/hip-hop stage. Which is why I think she will be on early at the main stage because she is probably too big for Sutro like you said.

But I wanna see Lykke Li in the trees at Sutro, dammit!

Ugh I can't go due to unforeseen circumstances. Have fun, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I don't think Twin Peaks does mellow and dark late afternoon sets though. Its usually the uptempo/indietronic/edm/hip-hop stage. Which is why I think she will be on early at the main stage because she is probably too big for Sutro like you said.
    The Sigur Ros set from 2012 was timed to perfection. Absolutely perfect. I think if Lykke Li was doing her I Never Learn stuff, that would be an incredible time. I have a feeling you are right; main stage, early, in the National slot; slightly dampened but no less worth seeing.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    The Sigur Ros set from 2012 was timed to perfection. Absolutely perfect. I think if Lykke Li was doing her I Never Learn stuff, that would be an incredible time. I have a feeling you are right; main stage, early, in the National slot; slightly dampened but no less worth seeing.
    I stand corrected about Twin Peaks never doing mellow and dark because your right Sigur Ros definitely fits that bill.

I still haven't gotten into Lykke but I hear the new one is great so I'm going to give it a go a couple of times before the fest.