Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

  1. #2251

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    When are the after party shows usually announced?
    Mid July. Ways to go.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

  2. #2252
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,937

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    They're typically not very good from what I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  3. #2253
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    They're typically not very good from what I recall.
    Last year I went to Tallest Man on Earth, and Yeasayer w/ Cherub. Not bad

    8/28 Bear in Heaven, 8/31 Little Dragon, 9/11 Delta Spirit, 9/18 Owen Pallett, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/2 Beck, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

  4. #2254
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,937

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Ooh, that's not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  5. #2255
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,203

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    I mean, the nightshows can't be worse than what's on the lineup....or can they?

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  6. #2256
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,759

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    some years the night shows have been pretty decent.

  7. #2257
    Lurker SidewaysHamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ventura
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    really hoping for another superjam night show this year. hopefully the Soul Rebels w/ Derek Trucks, Nicki Bluhm, and a couple other guests

  8. #2258

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Nicki Bluhm made an appearance last year, so I'm not sure if she'd be a part of it again. I'm with you, though, the Superjam was the best way to finish off the weekend. Even despite my tired legs, I jumped and danced every minute of that show. So much fun.

  9. #2259
    Lurker SidewaysHamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ventura
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Nicki Bluhm made an appearance last year, so I'm not sure if she'd be a part of it again. I'm with you, though, the Superjam was the best way to finish off the weekend. Even despite my tired legs, I jumped and danced every minute of that show. So much fun.
    oh yea thats right, i forgot about that! maybe Valerie June then?

  10. #2260
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Bey & Jay added a second tour date in SF on the 6th

    THE THRONE IS RISING

  11. #2261

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    Bey & Jay added a second tour date in SF on the 6th

    THE THRONE IS RISING
    What does this imply? Will Jay be a guest performer at OSL?

  12. #2262
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    No, it just means people post off-topic drivel in this thread.

  13. #2263
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cma1681 View Post
    What does this imply? Will Jay be a guest performer at OSL?
    I'm implying he may or may not make an appearance with Yeezus.

    God you guys are so uptight about going off-topic. Live a little.

  14. #2264

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    I'm implying he may or may not make an appearance with Yeezus.

    God you guys are so uptight about going off-topic. Live a little.
    What does living a little have to do with OSL man, geez.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  15. #2265

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    How about Bob Weir and Kanye West? Usually "special guest" in San Francisco means Bob Weir. (I'm not being entirely serious)
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

  16. #2266

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    How about Bob Weir and Kanye West? Usually "special guest" in San Francisco means Bob Weir. (I'm not being entirely serious)
    Or Santana or Too Short.

  17. #2267
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    E-40

  18. #2268
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Huey Lewis & The News

  19. #2269

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Sammy Hagar

  20. #2270
    Member Highly Refined Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Do You Like Huey Lewis & The News?

    Um, They're Okay
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    This is a muthafucking jam right here. Do you guys even get laid?

  21. #2271
    Member Highly Refined Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    This is a muthafucking jam right here. Do you guys even get laid?

  22. #2272
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I mean, the nightshows can't be worse than what's on the lineup....or can they?
    Just give me Boys Noize somewhere at night and then it's a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  23. #2273

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Refined Pirate View Post
    Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
    I'm thinking of a signature phrase from a certain AZ Cardinals' fan.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

  24. #2274
    Member Joshkitchen90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Hey everyone who buys a ticket to Tom Pettys tour gets a copy of his new CD. Where's mine???

  25. #2275

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    So, Josh Ritter...Late add possibility?

  26. #2276

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    So, Josh Ritter...Late add possibility?
    On what basis?
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

  27. #2277

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Steve Winwood is a possibility since he's opening for Tom Petty on this tour. At the very least, I could see him join Petty for a couple songs which he is known to do.

  28. #2278
    Member Joshkitchen90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Steve Winwood is a possibility since he's opening for Tom Petty on this tour. At the very least, I could see him join Petty for a couple songs which he is known to do.

    Winwood's site doesn't have him listed at OSL, but you're right I can definitely see him sittin in with the band.

  29. #2279

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    On what basis?
    Summer tour, late July-early August, Seattle/Vancouver/Portland...no CA...long break between August 1 and 13.

  30. #2280
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,892

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Steve Winwood is a possibility since he's opening for Tom Petty on this tour. At the very least, I could see him join Petty for a couple songs which he is known to do.
    Are they buddies or something? They seem to tour with each other a lot. Or at least once before.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Similar Threads

  1. Moogfest 2014 - April 23 - 27, 2014 - Asheville, NC
    By Spooks in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
  2. Croatia 2014 - Hideout & Garden Festivalsl 2014
    By diabloargentino in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 05:42 AM
  3. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  4. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  5. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •