Page 73 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

I'm looking to go for just sunday so if anyone here that has a 3 day pass but wants to do just friday and saturday then please pm me. I'd be happy to buy your sunday ticket from you

I searched this thread for weather tips but I didn't find anything. How's the weather usually? From my visits to SF I noticed it can be warm in the day and pretty cool at night. Has it ever been really hot? I'm an OCD planner so I'm already thinking of my packing list...
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

it varies, the park seems to have a micro-climate, it can change pretty quickly. something like a flannel shirt or light jacket to have available is about all you need.
    it can get pretty warm and I've also seen it very chilly and windy. avoid my mistake and use sunscreen even when it's overcast to avoid looking like a cheap lobster dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

It gets cold, like seriously cold at night. You definitely need to layer up. If its sunny during the day, you are good with a tshirt but you basically need to have jeans on to prepare for the night where you need a hoodie/sweatshirt and maybe even another long sleeve shirt.

If it is sunny, then it can be amazing weather until 7 or 8 before it starts to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    It gets cold, like seriously cold at night. You definitely need to layer up. If its sunny during the day, you are good with a tshirt but you basically need to have jeans on to prepare for the night where you need a hoodie/sweatshirt and maybe even another long sleeve shirt.

If it is sunny, then it can be amazing weather until 7 or 8 before it starts to drop.
    Every year, without exception, there will be guys in basketball shirts and flip flops pretending - and failing - not to be freezing. Ear plugs, sunscreen and a hoody. Almost as vital as beer money.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by swiftmaggot View Post
    it varies, the park seems to have a micro-climate, it can change pretty quickly. something like a flannel shirt or light jacket to have available is about all you need.
    it can get pretty warm and I've also seen it very chilly and windy. avoid my mistake and use sunscreen even when it's overcast to avoid looking like a cheap lobster dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    Every year, without exception, there will be guys in basketball shirts and flip flops pretending - and failing - not to be freezing. Ear plugs, sunscreen and a hoody. Almost as vital as beer money.
    This is pretty much what I was thinking. But not being a local, I just had to double check. Thank you!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I can't stress enough the benefits of renting a locker, prior, to the Fest and then stuffing that thing full of clothes, booze 'n munchies.
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    I can't stress enough the benefits of renting a locker, prior, to the Fest and then stuffing that thing full of clothes, booze 'n munchies.
    This. Lockers are very cheap as well.

You can rent/access a locker prior to the festival? Is it inside the festival grounds?
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

The Locker's can be rsvp'd and paid for via PayPal prior to the Festival, which allows you to take your receipt to the front of a super long line of people who decided the day of to reserve and pay for in person. The lockers are situated on the track overlooking Beer Lands.

I've gotten by with a backpack the two years I've gone.

Makes it easy to pack snacks and extra layers. Plus, it's with me at all times.

But the Lockers are in a great location if you want them.

I got a locker last year and only used it once. I found it to be a pain to go by and get your stuff instead of having it in your backpack when you needed it. So I'm definitely not going to get one this year. Just my two cents.

The Locker's can be rsvp'd and paid for via PayPal prior to the Festival, which allows you to take your receipt to the front of a super long line of people who decided the day of to reserve and pay for in person. The lockers are situated on the track overlooking Beer Lands.
    I was searching to pay for my locker in advance but couldn't find anything. Any idea of when you are able to rent?

Last year, I purchased my OSL locker on July 18th from a company called Trophy Lockers for $5 for all three days...total.

This is the first year Sasquatch is offering lockers. It's through a company called, Festival Lockers and they just went on sale recently ($50 for all three days), so a month before fests seems to be consistent, even if it is different companies and a huge price discrepancy in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I was searching to pay for my locker in advance but couldn't find anything. Any idea of when you are able to rent?
    Pretty sure Ranger Dave tweeted about lockers last year...

And just double checked that before posting, and he did tweet it but they were already sold out either when he tweeted it or moments later... makes me wonder how I heard about it before they sold out...

http://www.outsidelandslockers.com/

And they're gone?

No, lockers have not gone on sale yet. Trigbees' post above is in reference to last year.

As I said, look for lockers to go on sale a month prior to the Festival i.e. early July or even late June.

Take a medium jacket, that marine layer at night is no joke. Shit gets really fuckin cold.

Take a light jacket with something on it that would spark convo. Talk to your neighbors about attending outside lands . Talk about bringing people together because of music . Talk until fest ends . Fest = win . Do it every year til you die. Ask others to die with you . Hopefully they oblige .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Take a light jacket with something on it that would spark convo. Talk to your neighbors about attending outside lands . Talk about bringing people together because of music . Talk until fest ends . Fest = win . Do it every year til you die. Ask others to die with you . Hopefully they oblige .
    qft
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Found this - http://www.outsidelandslockers.com/u02.htm

I will check back when you can purchase.

Thanks ef! I think I'm going to be staying a ways away from the grounds so all this stuff is really helpful. I'm hoping Uber/Lyft are easy to use and don't have crazy inflated prices like they did at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Thanks ef! I think I'm going to be staying a ways away from the grounds so all this stuff is really helpful. I'm hoping Uber/Lyft are easy to use and don't have crazy inflated prices like they did at Coachella.
    If you're staying around downtown, look into the shuttle service the fest provides (with fee of course) I've used it when I went; pick ups and drop offs are at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Unless they don't have those anymore, in which case I should shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftmaggot View Post
    If you're staying around downtown, look into the shuttle service the fest provides (with fee of course) I've used it when I went; pick ups and drop offs are at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Unless they don't have those anymore, in which case I should shut the fuck up.
    Yeah I think they definitely do the shuttles still. I'm staying in Pres Heights, I believe, I am definitely going to try and rent/borrow a bike and avoid all that mess.

Last year, Friday and Sunday night's lines for the N-Judah light rail from the Sunset toward Downtown weren't bad at all. I was even able to get to the Glass Candy show at the Mezzanine with a minimum of fuss Friday night. Saturday's mass of folks turned into an impromptu block party at the same corner stop, which is ideally located amongst 3 restaurants and a liquor store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    NP! I am hoping for the same in regards to uber/lyft or catching rides with friends. We are staying in china town.. my boss made a face like that could be sketchy.. hope its ok.

NP! I am hoping for the same in regards to uber/lyft or catching rides with friends. We are staying in china town.. my boss made a face like that could be sketchy.. hope its ok.
    Staying in China Town you are most likely best off taking the shuttle. You could walk to Civic in less than an hour, or take the BART from Montgommery/Muni along Market. It might bear repeating how crappy an idea driving to the festival is.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

So the festival is officially sold out all tickets. Still crazy to type that so early.

From last years number of bands, I think we can expect at least 1 to 3 more bands added depending on how long they let Petty, Kanye, and Killers play for. I don't think Petty will get the almost 3 hour slot that Macca got, but I would expect at least 2 hours.

So in the following three months we should be getting, in some order:
    A couple additional bands (likely 2 more and I'm still holding out hope that includes Danny Brown)
    Night shows
    DJ Tent addition
    Comedy/Barbary tent addition
    Schedule

Hopefully, all of these things will come quicker than normal due to the fest already being sold out. I hope they don't skimp on the comedy lineup this year as it is a fun way to start off the fest the past couple of years and might be needed even more this year with the relative lack of strength of the lineup. It would be nice to see some of the following comedians: Hannibal Buress, Paul Scheer, Aziz Ansari, Ron Funches, or Dave Attell.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    Staying in China Town you are most likely best off taking the shuttle. You could walk to Civic in less than an hour, or take the BART from Montgommery/Muni along Market. It might bear repeating how crappy an idea driving to the festival is.
    You mean driving myself? Or taking a car in general? Cause I don't plan on driving myself anywhere except to SF and home to L.A. but we were planning on uber/lyfting it to the festival, maybe taking the BART depending on how long it takes and such.

You mean driving myself? Or taking a car in general? Cause I don't plan on driving myself anywhere except to SF and home to L.A. but we were planning on uber/lyfting it to the festival, maybe taking the BART depending on how long it takes and such.
    Taking a car in general, although if you aren't actually having to park a car it might be okay. Getting back from the festival by car by any means will be horrendous, even if it is just taking a lift with someone.

For what it's worth, I'm staying on Union Square, and what I do is either 1. Walk all the way to Bill Graham or 2. Take a BART to Civic. (2 mins) Either way I always take the shuttle - $45 for three days? Not sure Uber is going to be cheaper than that.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07