Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    but we won't know until July........
    Hopefully, sooner considering its sold out already. Or maybe we can get the guy that hacked the Roo schedule to hack the OSL schedule too. I'll ask him now.

I'm just as concerned about the Flaming Lips/Spoon/Cut Copy situation on Sunday since those are the top three bands I want to see that day and they might be all playing at the same time. I really hope that it goes Spoon>Flaming Lips with Cut Copy being sub at TP so that I can see all of them potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Ugggghhh does anyone think Chromeo will be on the main stage? Gross. Can't those guys just go play in a woodshed with some headphones on? I have no disagreements with Disclosure being on the main stage, but we won't know until July........
    yes, unfortunately i think disclosure playing the main would increase the likelyhood of chromeo playing the main as well

disclosure is nearly equal with Kanye among festival goers. Disclosure = cool kanye = cool, but a doucher.

Disclosure and maybe 2 or 3 other acts are all that really interest me for this fest. Watching Disclosure in GG park would be pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Tegan and Sara > AM > Kanye on the main sounds good. Arctic monkeys have a good fan base and similar with kanye i feel like. disclosure sounds perfect TP closer and will split crowds pretty good

How quickly did this sell out?

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    How quickly did this sell out?
    24 hours for 3 day passes.
    A couple hours or so for single day passes.
    By far a record time compared to previous years.

Wow. Festivals are really blowing up now. I guess that's good for the industry but I liked it better when it took a while to sell out. Didn't have to stress about getting tickets as much.

Perhaps I'm underthinking this, but doesn't it seem simplest to just go:

Main: Arctic Monkeys > Kanye West
    Twin: Chromeo > Disclosure

I feel like anything other than that is gonna turn Speedway into a tremendous clash of opposing forces.

Really looking forward to this festival. Been to the last four Coachella's and a bunch of east coast festivals, but this year's OSL will be my first time out in San Francisco. Two questions for you guys:
    1) What is the best bar in the Haight area to check out on the Thursday night before the festival?
    2) It doesn't seem like OSL does any official after parties with bands from the fest, but do local venues participate at all with some late-night stuff after the shows? Looks like it ends early enough to draw some people to the nearby clubs.

Any info is much appreciated. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by surfacetoair24 View Post
    2) It doesn't seem like OSL does any official after parties with bands from the fest, but do local venues participate at all with some late-night stuff after the shows? Looks like it ends early enough to draw some people to the nearby clubs.

There are Outside Lands Night Shows held in venues around San Francisco, those should be announced as the festival approaches.

Awesome. Thank you. I'll definitely have to check some of those out.

Really looking forward to this festival. Been to the last four Coachella's and a bunch of east coast festivals, but this year's OSL will be my first time out in San Francisco. Two questions for you guys:
    1) What is the best bar in the Haight area to check out on the Thursday night before the festival?

Club Deluxe is my favorite bar on Haight...seen some great live blues there.

Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY DISCLOSURE ON THE MAIN IS WRONG NOBODY IS GIVING GOOD REASONS
    Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Perhaps I'm underthinking this, but doesn't it seem simplest to just go:

Main: Arctic Monkeys > Kanye West
    Twin: Chromeo > Disclosure

I feel like anything other than that is gonna turn Speedway into a tremendous clash of opposing forces.
    Knotted Donuts ftw...but this discussion will definitely go on for another five pages.

As it has been said to some degree let's look at last years' pre-headliners: The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend

Now, let's look at last years' Twin Peaks closers: Pretty Lights, Phoenix, Kaskade

I believe that Arctic Monkeys are just billed higher because they are on the brink of headliner status. They are much better on the main. Then again, though I don't like it, to acasey's point OSL has proved to be a lot more straight forward in scheduling as opposed to other fests, so wouldn't be shocked if it's disclosure to kanye on the main...but don't they know I sacrificed AF's first two songs at 'chella to see them and avoid the conflict in GGP?!

Now, how about those Gardens and Villas? Liking these guys.
    Last edited by zachsquatch; 04-25-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    www.yupstermusic.com

8/8-10: Outside Lands
    10/5: War On Drugs - The Fillmore
    10/8: Fink - The Independent

Lykke Li's tour started yesterday in Stockholm, and from the looks of it, she was perfect as ever. I'm beyond excited to see her in GGP.

Magnolia by the Haight/Ashbury intersection is a good bar that brews its own beer. Its got the Dead vibe. For a little grungier there's Milk Bar or Murios Trophy Room or Zim Zam bar. Alembic is another cool gastropub. Those are all in haight/Ashbury area. Lower Haight has Toronado which has like 50 beers on tap and is pretty renowned but kinda dirty/smelly. But if you are already there then you should go to Noc Noc for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Magnolia by the Haight/Ashbury intersection is a good bar that brews its own beer. Its got the Dead vibe. For a little grungier there's Milk Bar or Murios Trophy Room or Zim Zam bar. Alembic is another cool gastropub. Those are all in haight/Ashbury area. Lower Haight has Toronado which has like 50 beers on tap and is pretty renowned but kinda dirty/smelly. But if you are already there then you should go to Noc Noc for sure.
    Thank you! Will definitely check those out for sure. Appreciate the suggestions.

disclosure to kanye on the main stage please.

I cant see disclosure anywhere but on twin peaks as the stage's headliner. If you want to catch both, Id see kanye and pick up a ticket to see disclosure at hard summer

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

how many times do people need to see disclosure? shit's blowing my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    how many times do people need to see disclosure? shit's blowing my mind.
    Seriously, I've seen them twice and I'm over it for a good while.

9/11 Delta Spirit, 9/18 Owen Pallett, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/2 Beck, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Agreed. They will also be a little more lame at OSL because they won't have the luxury of bringing so many live vocalists. My favorite song of theirs, Help Me Lose My Mind, was so underwhelming when they just played a track of Hannah Reid's voice.

Kanye and Arctic Monkeys are two of my top 5 artists on Friday, if not the top two, so really hoping for no conflict.

Anyone have night show predictions?

Mikal Cronin seems like a possibility for a night show.

I hope Jagwar Ma, SBTRKT, and Spoon make appearances in LA surrounding their Outside Lands dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    I hope Jagwar Ma, SBTRKT, and Spoon make appearances in LA surrounding their Outside Lands dates.
    Jagwar Ma was sooo coooool at Coachella! I'm excited to finally see spoon, as well. Hoping for no conflicts. Arctic Monkeys > Kanye would be epic.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

So Jay Z and Beyonce's tour ends in SF August 5th. Maybe they'll guest with Yeezy.

Thank you! Will definitely check those out for sure. Appreciate the suggestions.
    If you do hit up Toronado, it is cash only!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    i've seen parts of 3? sets and i just don't get the obsession people have with them.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

And if you're going to be in the Lower Haight area, you should eat at Memphis Minnie's because it's incredibly delicious. Noc Noc & Toronado let you bring in food, too.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Hi all! There's a pretty good chance I'll be selling my Eager Beaver tickets so I can take my kids to see Paul McCartney the following week. I'll know for sure tomorrow. They are Eager Beaver tickets and I'll be selling them for face value (including fees) so I believe it came to around $250, if anyone is interested please PM me. I also have a Shuttle bus pass that was $45.