Page 62 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2697

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

I've been to both Lolla and OSL, multiple times, Lolla's crowd is much worse.
    Last edited by mvandonsel; 04-09-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Unclear

Quote Originally Posted by mvandonsel View Post
    This. I've been to both Lolla and OSL, multiple times, Lolla's crowd is much worse.
    So is it what you quoted? Or is Lolla worse than OSL? What's the beef with the OSL crowd?
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    So is it what you quoted? Or is Lolla worse than OSL? What's the beef with the OSL crowd?
    My bad, it wasn't clear. Personally, I thought Lolla's crowd was much worse. Hopefully my edit fixed the ambiguity.

Does this mean everyone's favorite message board couple won't be attending!? I thought this would finally be my chance to meet the illustrious guedita! Guess it's gonna be me and Henry pregaming across the street and then drinking beers at Deer Tick!
    It was going to have to take a really impressive undercard lineup for my tastes or one absolute can't miss old band to get me back there, anyway. I'm hoping of the handful of acts I do like on the lineup at least one or two end up at a night show that bleeds nicely into an unrelated dance show.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by rhcp4ever View Post
    It's a simple concept...take your hate somewhere else please.

Reddits subreddit r/OutsideLands (http://www.reddit.com/r/Outsidelands) folks if you want some happy people to chat with that are excited about the festival. This forum was GREAT for leaks on who would play, but since has been a lot of depressing fucks that are trying to bring the vibe down.
    This is a music forum so naturally we are going to discuss the merits of this festival on the quality of music offered which unfortunately, in our opinion, did not live up to the expectations set from prior years. I am sure the vibe will be fine this year and I wouldn't take any expression of disappointment personally or an indication that one cannot have fun or see good music. I think many of us are seeing the same bands over and over for the last 3 years from other festivals or local shows and just want a few unique acts to draw us in.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    It was going to have to take a really impressive undercard lineup for my tastes or one absolute can't miss old band to get me back there, anyway. I'm hoping of the handful of acts I do like on the lineup at least one or two end up at a night show that bleeds nicely into an unrelated dance show.
    For sure; maybe a Saturday or Sunday day pass would lead to a dance-a-thon/handful of cool undercard acts and you guys could just do that, too. I don't know why but I pictured you as a Flaming Lips type of couple (possibly the drug references).

Also there are 20+ bands on that lineup that I want to see, which if I put my 257.00 dollar ticket against 20 bands that nets me about 13 bucks a pop. Even if roboto's constant bitching about having to move his tree trunk legs across the park is accurate and I can only see 15, that puts my ticket at 17.00 a pop. I'd be happy just with that. Throw in even one stand-up comedian for which tickets are always expensive as all hell in Colorado and I'm elated with this purchase. I don't know why people are so sore about it. Me and those chumps on the reddit board are gonna PLUR OUR MOTHA LOVIN FACES OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFF.
    It's a lineup where 3 of the top 6 are repeats (Tom Petty, Arctic Monkeys, Macklemore)...and The Killers have played the area so often (3 times the past 15 months) that they feel like a repeat.

And then there's Kanye West.

Anyone remember when the schedule was announced last year? Was thinking it was some time in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    This is a music forum so naturally we are going to discuss the merits of this festival on the quality of music offered which unfortunately, in our opinion, did not live up to the expectations set from prior years. I am sure the vibe will be fine this year and I wouldn't take any expression of disappointment personally or an indication that one cannot have fun or see good music. I think many of us are seeing the same bands over and over for the last 3 years from other festivals or local shows and just want a few unique acts to draw us in.
    Well thats some level headed reasonableness. I agree. Many of my friends that have gone to OSL the past few years (some local and some that fly in cross country) are pretty disappointed with the lineup. I think the past few years, 2012 specifically, have brought everyone's expectations level up, and this year doesn't match up. Although, I think that 2014 is just going to be one of those years as many lineups across festivals this year aren't up to standards.

Personally, there is plenty for me to see and I'm pretty happy with Kanye/Petty at the top. At least there is a great classic rocker and the guy sitting at the top of the hip hop game even if he is a dickhead.

The thing that is most disappointing for me is that this could have been a year where OSL knocked it out of the park and everyone nationally could have been talking about how it is in the conversation with the other big fests (Roo, Lolla, Chella, ACL) and they missed their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Anyone remember when the schedule was announced last year? Was thinking it was some time in June.
    Oh god are we starting with that already?

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Probably mid July. You can check ranger dave's instagram and you will see when he posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    The thing that is most disappointing for me is that this could have been a year where OSL knocked it out of the park and everyone nationally could have been talking about how it is in the conversation with the other big fests (Roo, Lolla, Chella, ACL) and they missed their chance.
    This.

With Lolla being a mess OSL really had a chance to step up its game and do something, really anything, unique. They failed completely at this giving us a top few lines of rehashed performers either at this festival, at other festivals, or in the Bay Area. The bottom lines aren't any better frankly as the interesting names have been everywhere and the unique names seem bad (Bleachers, Watsky) or generic folk fodder that OSL excels at booking. Holding out hope that there are one or two adds coming and that somehow I can make at least two full days out of this when the set times come out but I just don't see it happening now.

I'm doing at least one day. Not blown away, but I'd love to see Kanye again and I would really love to see Tom Petty.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I'm doing at least one day. Not blown away, but I'd love to see Kanye again and I would really love to see Tom Petty.
    We need to go to the torpedo sierra nevada tasting room in Berkeley when you are here.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    We need to go to the torpedo sierra nevada tasting room in Berkeley when you are here.
    I WANNA GOOOOOOOO!

Where's it at? I hope to visit before then. OSL is kind of a bachelor's party, but my buddy the groom would probably love it and he lives in Oakland, so that'd be a very doable trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I wasn't expecting much, but this is still underwhelming. Bottle Rock, strangely, looks more appealing. Guess I'll go for the Lips day and ditch my weekend pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Where's it at? I hope to visit before then. OSL is kind of a bachelor's party, but my buddy the groom would probably love it and he lives in Oakland, so that'd be a very doable trip.
    4th and University in West Berkeley. It is awesome and would be a great place to do bachelor party related things at.

I WANNA GOOOOOOOO!
    Me too.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Have you been to the Rare Barrel in Berkeley? That place is PHENOMENAL...

Get there early though:

TUESDAY–SATURDAY
    11:00am–8:00pm

SUNDAY
    12:00pm-5:00pm

MONDAY
    CLOSED

The sign of a stellar lineup: tickets go on sale and people are talking about bars in another city.

Just tried for tickets. "No exact matches found"

Quote Originally Posted by Joshkitchen90 View Post
    Just tried for tickets. "No exact matches found"
    Try again, it took awhile (20 minutes) but tickets pulled up for me. There's no way this thing is sold out this quick.

"Ranger Dave is blowing up bigger than 2013".

I really don't know what that means - I assume a larger footprint rather than an expanded audience. Or perhaps an extra number of adds?
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

I take it to mean tickets are selling faster than last year, or at least the implication of that.

Yeah it does. I'm not convinced, but, who knows?
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Quote Originally Posted by twitter
    ranger dave ‏@sfoutsidelands 11m
    ranger dave is giving a low ticket warning for 3-day ga tickets. he's about done sold out.
    Well how 'bout that.

Just came here to post that. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    Just came here to post that. Insane.
    I like the lineup. To me it is filled with nostalgic picks that I couldn't afford to see when I was younger. The Killers, Death Cab, Spoon, Petty, FLips, all would play Red Rocks for 50+ dollars when I was in High School and college and I could never go. I'm calling 2014 OSL my 2006 lineup fantasy.