Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

  1. #1741
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,724

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    I thought Bleachers was the worst until I got to Watsky. WTF is going in that trainwreck.
    Yeah...I don't....know. Awful.

    For those of you who don't know, Christopher Owens was part of the band GIRLS and then they broke up and he went solo and released last year's Lysandre. He is good and you should see him.

    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

  2. #1742

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Yeah...I don't....know. Awful.

    For those of you who don't know, Christopher Owens was part of the band GIRLS and then they broke up and he went solo and released last year's Lysandre. He is good and you should see him.
    Cheers.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

  3. #1743

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Holy fuck, Bleachers is awful. I am sorry to say this because I have tried to have an open mind but so far the research I have done on what I am unfamiliar with on the undercard has yielded absolutely nothing. It is absolutely mediocre.
    He should have stuck with being the nerdy guy in fun. and being Mr. Lena Dunham

  4. #1744

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Watsky holy shit ! Is this a comedy act ?
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  5. #1745

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    I'm digging Night Terrors of 1927.

  6. #1746
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Definitely an off year for OSL after 3 pretty good years in a row.

    I don't love the lineup but theres enough bands there that I want to see or have some interest in seeing that will keep me busy for 3 days. I've only heard of about 10% of the entire bottom half of the lineup so I can't comment on any of them. There might be some hidden gems there if I get the motivation to do some research on the acts.

    As for the headliners, I hate Kanye as a person and don't listen to his music but I have a lot of respect for the way he pushes boundaries and his ground breaking production skills. He doesn't cater to anyone's tastes but his own and he is arguably the most important pop star of our generation. He is an artist in every sense of the word. I would never buy a ticket to see him in concert but I'm excited to see him at OSL. Tom Petty kicks ass. I don't know anything about The Killers (most likely I will hate them, but will give them a chance).

    I hope Heineken decides to bring the dome.

  7. #1747
    butt hurt TheRotten42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    I have a lot of respect for the way he pushes boundaries and his ground breaking production skills. He doesn't cater to anyone's tastes but his own and he is arguably the most important pop star of our generation. He is an artist in every sense of the word.
    For some reason your description made me think of GG Allin
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

  8. #1748
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Also, maybe the lackluster response to the lineup means it will undersell and be less crowded in the park. That'd be nice.

  9. #1749
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    For some reason your description made me think of GG Allin
    They both tend to be polarizing figures don't they?

  10. #1750
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    For some reason your description made me think of GG Allin
    They both tend to be polarizing figures don't they?

  11. #1751

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Three things all people will never agree on:
    1. Religion
    2. Politics
    3. Music

    Quit the complaining! 3 days in one of the greatest cities to host a festival in the entire country with 70+ bands playing. If you hate Kanye enough, maybe you can get on the evening news for pissing him off and having him throw something at you.

  12. #1752

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by GDSD573 View Post
    Facebook is blowing up on how they don't want Kanye at OSL just like Roo. I am not going to let one artist that I don't like ruin a great festival. I will skip him. That means I leave early that way I can actually get into a bar after the show but mostly likely catch some subs and undercards I have never heard of...the best way to find new music.
    It is kinda funny reading that...there's a bunch of negative Kanye comments and some guy rushing around repeatedly posting "then don't go crybaby" to them.

  13. #1753

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by abrod262000 View Post
    Three things all people will never agree on:
    1. Religion
    2. Politics
    3. Music

    Quit the complaining! 3 days in one of the greatest cities to host a festival in the entire country with 70+ bands playing. If you hate Kanye enough, maybe you can get on the evening news for pissing him off and having him throw something at you.
    If the city is the attraction, probably better off saving money and doing Hardly Stricly Bluegrass.

    Or better yet, go to the city when there's not a music festival going on...so you know, there's more time to see the city.
    Last edited by Listening; 04-08-2014 at 01:49 PM.

  14. #1754

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Definitely an off year for OSL after 3 pretty good years in a row.

    I don't love the lineup but theres enough bands there that I want to see or have some interest in seeing that will keep me busy for 3 days. I've only heard of about 10% of the entire bottom half of the lineup so I can't comment on any of them. There might be some hidden gems there if I get the motivation to do some research on the acts.

    As for the headliners, I hate Kanye as a person and don't listen to his music but I have a lot of respect for the way he pushes boundaries and his ground breaking production skills. He doesn't cater to anyone's tastes but his own and he is arguably the most important pop star of our generation. He is an artist in every sense of the word. I would never buy a ticket to see him in concert but I'm excited to see him at OSL. Tom Petty kicks ass. I don't know anything about The Killers (most likely I will hate them, but will give them a chance).

    I hope Heineken decides to bring the dome.
    I'm sure the dome will be back again. And the comedy tent.

    I like what you are saying about Kanye, but I'm not sure about the most important pop star of our generation part.

    From first dig into the undercard, I do like Mikal Cronin and Typhoon. But there are some terrible acts lurking down there.

    And yeah, I think Watsky has to be a comedy act. The amount of views he has on youtube is staggering.

  15. #1755
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post

    I like what you are saying about Kanye, but I'm not sure about the most important pop star of our generation part.
    I meant one of the most important pop stars not THE most important pop star. My bad.

  16. #1756
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    It is kinda funny reading that...there's a bunch of negative Kanye comments and some guy rushing around repeatedly posting "then don't go crybaby" to them.
    Oh Daniel.... Fightin the world off

  17. #1757
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,043

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Every festival has some terrible acts.

    I suppose my decision to attend could be swayed once we find out who is getting night shows.

  18. #1758
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Are the night shows 100% closed to those without Outside Lands tickets? Or are there separate tickets that can be bought to attend individual night shows?

  19. #1759
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by qshoe1989 View Post
    Are the night shows 100% closed to those without Outside Lands tickets? Or are there separate tickets that can be bought to attend individual night shows?
    You can be like the bum's who sit outside the fence. I think its the Twin Peaks stage where you actually can get a decent view though. I remember Phoenix last year looking to my left and seeing a lot of people on the other side of the fence jammin out.

  20. #1760
    Member zachsquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SF & Colorado
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Undercard acts y'all should check out:

    Night Terrors of 1927
    Typhoon
    Gardens & Villas
    Lucius
    Greensky Bluegrass
    The Districts

    Also, Derek Trucks is the greatest guitarist in the world at this moment, totally in his prime. Susan Tedeschi rocks too.

    Now everyone just sack up, holy ish. This is the world we live in, may as well be happy.
    www.yupstermusic.com

    8/8-10: Outside Lands
    10/5: War On Drugs - The Fillmore
    10/8: Fink - The Independent

  21. #1761
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by qshoe1989 View Post
    Are the night shows 100% closed to those without Outside Lands tickets? Or are there separate tickets that can be bought to attend individual night shows?
    You can be like the bum's who sit outside the fence. I think its the Twin Peaks stage where you actually can get a decent view though. I remember Phoenix last year looking to my left and seeing a lot of people on the other side of the fence jammin out.

  22. #1762
    Member zachsquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SF & Colorado
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Undercard acts y'all should check out:

    Night Terrors of 1927
    Typhoon
    Gardens & Villas
    Lucius
    Greensky Bluegrass
    The Districts

    Also, Derek Trucks is the greatest guitarist in the world at this moment, totally in his prime. Susan Tedeschi rocks too.

    Now everyone just sack up, holy ish. This is the world we live in, may as well be happy.
    www.yupstermusic.com

    8/8-10: Outside Lands
    10/5: War On Drugs - The Fillmore
    10/8: Fink - The Independent

  23. #1763
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,724

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by rhcp4ever View Post
    You can be like the bum's who sit outside the fence. I think its the Twin Peaks stage where you actually can get a decent view though. I remember Phoenix last year looking to my left and seeing a lot of people on the other side of the fence jammin out.
    There's no apostrophe when you pluralize a word, and you didn't even answer their question.

    It is possible to get tickets to the night shows without having a ticket to OSL. You will need to know someone with an OSL pass, who gets the password they give out for the night pass purchases.

    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

  24. #1764
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    There's no apostrophe when you pluralize a word, and you didn't even answer their question.

    It is possible to get tickets to the night shows without having a ticket to OSL. You will need to know someone with an OSL pass, who gets the password they give out for the night pass purchases.
    Thank you! Very good to know. Fingers crossed for a Run The Jewels night show.

  25. #1765
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,043

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Is the password shareable? I forget.

  26. #1766
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    There's no apostrophe when you pluralize a word, and you didn't even answer their question.

    It is possible to get tickets to the night shows without having a ticket to OSL. You will need to know someone with an OSL pass, who gets the password they give out for the night pass purchases.
    Bum's

    ...didn't know the answer to the question but clearly you did and provided a clear and concise response.

  27. #1767
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    There's no apostrophe when you pluralize a word, and you didn't even answer their question.

    It is possible to get tickets to the night shows without having a ticket to OSL. You will need to know someone with an OSL pass, who gets the password they give out for the night pass purchases.
    Bum's

    ...didn't know the answer to the question but clearly you did and provided a clear and concise response.

  28. #1768
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,724

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    the bum's what?

    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

  29. #1769
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,816

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Think they'll give Petty an extended set?

    Also, really digging Jonathan Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  30. #1770
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,417

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    You double posting ass.

    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Similar Threads

  1. Moogfest 2014 - April 23 - 27, 2014 - Asheville, NC
    By Spooks in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 02:23 PM
  2. Croatia 2014 - Hideout & Garden Festivalsl 2014
    By diabloargentino in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM
  3. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 12:43 PM
  4. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 09:55 AM
  5. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •