Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2670

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    I'd cry. Like legit, they would just start playing and I'd start bawling. There would be a crying 24 year old man standing around a myriad of dancing fans.
    We could cry together. Met him at M-Theory in San Diego on April 1st but didn't have the foresight to ask about OSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    So I'm pulling a Xaxman or whatever, but I went to a record signing with Wayne Coyne tonight at Aquarius and I asked about OSL. He said that he literally got a text about playing it today. Seems weird that he would just be finding out today, but that's what he said. So there is a potential to see the Flaming Lips in GGP!
    Do you have a picture with Wayne? Where you look like a desperate fanboy and he looks perturbed that he's had to waste his time but hopes you'll finally leave him alone?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Do you have a picture with Wayne? Where you look like a desperate fanboy and he looks perturbed that he's had to waste his time but hopes you'll finally leave him alone?
    Something tells me he'll need more than vasoline to lubricate that situation. AMIRIGHT!?
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Something tells me he'll need more than vasoline to lubricate that situation. AMIRIGHT!?
    Lol. Wayne was all lubed up and ready to go. Dude's definitely a talker. He gave the girl in front of me one of those $350 chocolate skull vinyl things just because she was a super fan.

We were talking about Bonnaroo and then he brought up Treasure Island and I asked him about OSL and he said, "I just got a text about that today, asking if we want to play", I told him its a great festival in Golden Gate Park and that he should do it, and then he said something along the line of hopefully we see you guys soon for Outside Lands. Again, I think its weird because I would think he would have been contacted a while ago if they wanted him there, but who the fuck knows.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

hm. I've been eager to see them again since their fantastic halloween show, but I was really hoping for a greek theater show rather than outside lands. still, it could be good, hopefully on the main stage with the fog rolling in.

where did the repeat headliner rumor start? is Muse a candidate for that?

Lol. Wayne was all lubed up and ready to go. Dude's definitely a talker. He gave the girl in front of me one of those $350 chocolate skull vinyl things just because she was a super fan.

We were talking about Bonnaroo and then he brought up Treasure Island and I asked him about OSL and he said, "I just got a text about that today, asking if we want to play", I told him its a great festival in Golden Gate Park and that he should do it, and then he said something along the line of hopefully we see you guys soon for Outside Lands. Again, I think its weird because I would think he would have been contacted a while ago if they wanted him there, but who the fuck knows.
    Hmmmm Maybe he was confused with some other festival or they were contacted as a replacement booking? We'll see on Tuesday I guess, but the anxiety is getting tough to deal with.

I'm sure some booking discussions go right up until the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    where did the repeat headliner rumor start? is Muse a candidate for that?
    I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I would love if Muse headlined again. I saw them at Lollapalooza and I thought they were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I'm sure some booking discussions go right up until the last minute.
    For sure. I see you live in SF. Without digging into the infinite depths of google maps, if I was staying in presidio heights would the night-time show venues be anywhere around that neighborhood? Or I guess even better, are the venues within walking distance of GGP?

For sure. I see you live in SF. Without digging into the infinite depths of google maps, if I was staying in presidio heights would the night-time show venues be anywhere around that neighborhood? Or I guess even better, are the venues within walking distance of GGP?
    No, and not really

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

They would be really long walks from GGP and would be pretty tiring after a long day of festival going. Presidio Heights is not that close to them either but you can get a cab/lyft/uber pretty easily from there.

I really think that Petty is going to be the repeat headliner now. New album, said he wanted to tour off of it, and he played in 2009 which is a decent amount of time ago.

YESSS they would def get me back to OSL!!! Thanks for asking!
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest
    9/19 - CHVRCHES - Hollywood Palladium
    10/7 - Belle and Sebastian - Ace Hotel
    10/16 - Massive Attack - Greek Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    No, and not really
    They would be really long walks from GGP and would be pretty tiring after a long day of festival going. Presidio Heights is not that close to them either but you can get a cab/lyft/uber pretty easily from there.
    Oh well. Can't complain for a free place to crash! We should all have a Thursday night inauguration hangout somewhere. Or maybe that would be weird and I'm just really excited. I don't know.

That's really made my day. Sounds likely if not a confirmation. Cheers for that.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Oh well. Can't complain for a free place to crash! We should all have a Thursday night inauguration hangout somewhere. Or maybe that would be weird and I'm just really excited. I don't know.
    I would potentially be down for a drink on Thursday night to pregame.

The flaming lips would be AHmazing. even though theyd probably be at the main stage, id love to see this closing out twin peaks at night:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...96720104225161

I don't know how easily you can obtain bikes or rent one but biking should be do-able with minimal hills to navigate to the park and to the Independent for it's night shows.

So I'm pulling a Xaxman or whatever, but I went to a record signing with Wayne Coyne tonight at Aquarius and I asked about OSL. He said that he literally got a text about playing it today. Seems weird that he would just be finding out today, but that's what he said. So there is a potential to see the Flaming Lips in GGP!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Since it sounds like this Flaming Lips booking could have been last minute, I really hope it wasn't in response to Kanye dropping out like he has in Japan and Australia...
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Hint posted on instagram?

http://instagram.com/p/mYNggFQxKW/

Quote Originally Posted by mvandonsel View Post

These guys?

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...bow-interrupt/
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

More walls covered in amazing art this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandonsel View Post

No, that is art that was created at the fest last year. If you want to make a baseless confirmation out of it, then we have a Bleeding Rainbow confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    No, that is art that was created at the fest last year. If you want to make a baseless confirmation out of it, then we have a Bleeding Rainbow confirmation.
    Oh, my bad, sorry about that. I guess I missed that art piece last year.

I really think that Petty is going to be the repeat headliner now. New album, said he wanted to tour off of it, and he played in 2009 which is a decent amount of time ago.
    I hope!

We should all have a Thursday night inauguration hangout somewhere. Or maybe that would be weird and I'm just really excited. I don't know.
    I would potentially be down for a drink on Thursday night to pregame.
    I'm would be down for this as well, as I will be in the city Thursday night having drinks already anyway.

Also, I'll gladly help organize a boardie meet-up at the festival on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post
    Since it sounds like this Flaming Lips booking could have been last minute, I really hope it wasn't in response to Kanye dropping out like he has in Japan and Australia...
    Yeah, this is a legitimate concern I have right now. Although the fact that they announced the lineup is coming out on Tuesday makes me feel more confident they have their ducks in a row. This isn't Pemberton we're talking about.

And back to speculating on non-confirmed bands playing which stage, I would think the Lips would have to close out Twin Peaks if they want their stage set up. Would be good counter programming to Kanye or whatever hip-hop headliner there might be.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I don't know how easily you can obtain bikes or rent one but biking should be do-able with minimal hills to navigate to the park and to the Independent for it's night shows.
    Cool! I was definitely considering renting a bike, but didn't know what the crazy SF hill situation would present.

http://instagram.com/p/mYXzcMwxKS/

Clues be started on the IG

Run the Jewels

And back to speculating on non-confirmed bands playing which stage, I would think the Lips would have to close out Twin Peaks if they want their stage set up. Would be good counter programming to Kanye or whatever hip-hop headliner there might be.
    Totally agree with this, I think Flaming Lips on Twin Peaks against Kanye would actually make more sense as counter scheduling compared to Tiesto or whatever DJ they have that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.