Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2670

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

  1. #1291

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    I'd cry. Like legit, they would just start playing and I'd start bawling. There would be a crying 24 year old man standing around a myriad of dancing fans.
    We could cry together. Met him at M-Theory in San Diego on April 1st but didn't have the foresight to ask about OSL.

  2. #1292
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,031

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    So I'm pulling a Xaxman or whatever, but I went to a record signing with Wayne Coyne tonight at Aquarius and I asked about OSL. He said that he literally got a text about playing it today. Seems weird that he would just be finding out today, but that's what he said. So there is a potential to see the Flaming Lips in GGP!
    Do you have a picture with Wayne? Where you look like a desperate fanboy and he looks perturbed that he's had to waste his time but hopes you'll finally leave him alone?

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  3. #1293
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Do you have a picture with Wayne? Where you look like a desperate fanboy and he looks perturbed that he's had to waste his time but hopes you'll finally leave him alone?
    Something tells me he'll need more than vasoline to lubricate that situation. AMIRIGHT!?
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

  4. #1294

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Something tells me he'll need more than vasoline to lubricate that situation. AMIRIGHT!?
    Lol. Wayne was all lubed up and ready to go. Dude's definitely a talker. He gave the girl in front of me one of those $350 chocolate skull vinyl things just because she was a super fan.

    We were talking about Bonnaroo and then he brought up Treasure Island and I asked him about OSL and he said, "I just got a text about that today, asking if we want to play", I told him its a great festival in Golden Gate Park and that he should do it, and then he said something along the line of hopefully we see you guys soon for Outside Lands. Again, I think its weird because I would think he would have been contacted a while ago if they wanted him there, but who the fuck knows.

  5. #1295
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,687

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    hm. I've been eager to see them again since their fantastic halloween show, but I was really hoping for a greek theater show rather than outside lands. still, it could be good, hopefully on the main stage with the fog rolling in.

  6. #1296
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,687

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    where did the repeat headliner rumor start? is Muse a candidate for that?

  7. #1297
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Lol. Wayne was all lubed up and ready to go. Dude's definitely a talker. He gave the girl in front of me one of those $350 chocolate skull vinyl things just because she was a super fan.

    We were talking about Bonnaroo and then he brought up Treasure Island and I asked him about OSL and he said, "I just got a text about that today, asking if we want to play", I told him its a great festival in Golden Gate Park and that he should do it, and then he said something along the line of hopefully we see you guys soon for Outside Lands. Again, I think its weird because I would think he would have been contacted a while ago if they wanted him there, but who the fuck knows.
    Hmmmm Maybe he was confused with some other festival or they were contacted as a replacement booking? We'll see on Tuesday I guess, but the anxiety is getting tough to deal with.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

  8. #1298
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,687

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    I'm sure some booking discussions go right up until the last minute.

  9. #1299

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    where did the repeat headliner rumor start? is Muse a candidate for that?
    I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I would love if Muse headlined again. I saw them at Lollapalooza and I thought they were amazing.

  10. #1300
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I'm sure some booking discussions go right up until the last minute.
    For sure. I see you live in SF. Without digging into the infinite depths of google maps, if I was staying in presidio heights would the night-time show venues be anywhere around that neighborhood? Or I guess even better, are the venues within walking distance of GGP?
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

  11. #1301
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,031

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    For sure. I see you live in SF. Without digging into the infinite depths of google maps, if I was staying in presidio heights would the night-time show venues be anywhere around that neighborhood? Or I guess even better, are the venues within walking distance of GGP?
    No, and not really

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  12. #1302

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    For sure. I see you live in SF. Without digging into the infinite depths of google maps, if I was staying in presidio heights would the night-time show venues be anywhere around that neighborhood? Or I guess even better, are the venues within walking distance of GGP?
    They would be really long walks from GGP and would be pretty tiring after a long day of festival going. Presidio Heights is not that close to them either but you can get a cab/lyft/uber pretty easily from there.

    I really think that Petty is going to be the repeat headliner now. New album, said he wanted to tour off of it, and he played in 2009 which is a decent amount of time ago.

  13. #1303
    Member sexualamandakiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Lol. Wayne was all lubed up and ready to go. Dude's definitely a talker. He gave the girl in front of me one of those $350 chocolate skull vinyl things just because she was a super fan.

    We were talking about Bonnaroo and then he brought up Treasure Island and I asked him about OSL and he said, "I just got a text about that today, asking if we want to play", I told him its a great festival in Golden Gate Park and that he should do it, and then he said something along the line of hopefully we see you guys soon for Outside Lands. Again, I think its weird because I would think he would have been contacted a while ago if they wanted him there, but who the fuck knows.
    YESSS they would def get me back to OSL!!! Thanks for asking!
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest
    9/19 - CHVRCHES - Hollywood Palladium
    10/7 - Belle and Sebastian - Ace Hotel
    10/16 - Massive Attack - Greek Theatre

  14. #1304
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    No, and not really
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    They would be really long walks from GGP and would be pretty tiring after a long day of festival going. Presidio Heights is not that close to them either but you can get a cab/lyft/uber pretty easily from there.
    Oh well. Can't complain for a free place to crash! We should all have a Thursday night inauguration hangout somewhere. Or maybe that would be weird and I'm just really excited. I don't know.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

  15. #1305

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Lol. Wayne was all lubed up and ready to go. Dude's definitely a talker. He gave the girl in front of me one of those $350 chocolate skull vinyl things just because she was a super fan.

    We were talking about Bonnaroo and then he brought up Treasure Island and I asked him about OSL and he said, "I just got a text about that today, asking if we want to play", I told him its a great festival in Golden Gate Park and that he should do it, and then he said something along the line of hopefully we see you guys soon for Outside Lands. Again, I think its weird because I would think he would have been contacted a while ago if they wanted him there, but who the fuck knows.
    That's really made my day. Sounds likely if not a confirmation. Cheers for that.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

  16. #1306

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Oh well. Can't complain for a free place to crash! We should all have a Thursday night inauguration hangout somewhere. Or maybe that would be weird and I'm just really excited. I don't know.
    I would potentially be down for a drink on Thursday night to pregame.

  17. #1307
    Lurker SidewaysHamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ventura
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    The flaming lips would be AHmazing. even though theyd probably be at the main stage, id love to see this closing out twin peaks at night:

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...96720104225161

  18. #1308

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    For sure. I see you live in SF. Without digging into the infinite depths of google maps, if I was staying in presidio heights would the night-time show venues be anywhere around that neighborhood? Or I guess even better, are the venues within walking distance of GGP?
    I don't know how easily you can obtain bikes or rent one but biking should be do-able with minimal hills to navigate to the park and to the Independent for it's night shows.

  19. #1309
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,705

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    So I'm pulling a Xaxman or whatever, but I went to a record signing with Wayne Coyne tonight at Aquarius and I asked about OSL. He said that he literally got a text about playing it today. Seems weird that he would just be finding out today, but that's what he said. So there is a potential to see the Flaming Lips in GGP!

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  20. #1310

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Since it sounds like this Flaming Lips booking could have been last minute, I really hope it wasn't in response to Kanye dropping out like he has in Japan and Australia...
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

  21. #1311

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Hint posted on instagram?

    http://instagram.com/p/mYNggFQxKW/

  22. #1312

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by mvandonsel View Post
    Hint posted on instagram?

    http://instagram.com/p/mYNggFQxKW/
    These guys?

    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...bow-interrupt/
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

  23. #1313

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    More walls covered in amazing art this year?

  24. #1314
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by mvandonsel View Post
    Hint posted on instagram?

    http://instagram.com/p/mYNggFQxKW/
    No, that is art that was created at the fest last year. If you want to make a baseless confirmation out of it, then we have a Bleeding Rainbow confirmation.

  25. #1315

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    No, that is art that was created at the fest last year. If you want to make a baseless confirmation out of it, then we have a Bleeding Rainbow confirmation.
    Oh, my bad, sorry about that. I guess I missed that art piece last year.

  26. #1316
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I really think that Petty is going to be the repeat headliner now. New album, said he wanted to tour off of it, and he played in 2009 which is a decent amount of time ago.
    I hope!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    We should all have a Thursday night inauguration hangout somewhere. Or maybe that would be weird and I'm just really excited. I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I would potentially be down for a drink on Thursday night to pregame.
    I'm would be down for this as well, as I will be in the city Thursday night having drinks already anyway.

    Also, I'll gladly help organize a boardie meet-up at the festival on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  27. #1317

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post
    Since it sounds like this Flaming Lips booking could have been last minute, I really hope it wasn't in response to Kanye dropping out like he has in Japan and Australia...
    Yeah, this is a legitimate concern I have right now. Although the fact that they announced the lineup is coming out on Tuesday makes me feel more confident they have their ducks in a row. This isn't Pemberton we're talking about.

    And back to speculating on non-confirmed bands playing which stage, I would think the Lips would have to close out Twin Peaks if they want their stage set up. Would be good counter programming to Kanye or whatever hip-hop headliner there might be.

  28. #1318
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I don't know how easily you can obtain bikes or rent one but biking should be do-able with minimal hills to navigate to the park and to the Independent for it's night shows.
    Cool! I was definitely considering renting a bike, but didn't know what the crazy SF hill situation would present.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

  29. #1319
    Lurker That's Sir Honey Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    http://instagram.com/p/mYXzcMwxKS/

    Clues be started on the IG

    Run the Jewels

  30. #1320

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    And back to speculating on non-confirmed bands playing which stage, I would think the Lips would have to close out Twin Peaks if they want their stage set up. Would be good counter programming to Kanye or whatever hip-hop headliner there might be.
    Totally agree with this, I think Flaming Lips on Twin Peaks against Kanye would actually make more sense as counter scheduling compared to Tiesto or whatever DJ they have that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Similar Threads

  1. Moogfest 2014 - April 23 - 27, 2014 - Asheville, NC
    By Spooks in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
  2. Croatia 2014 - Hideout & Garden Festivalsl 2014
    By diabloargentino in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 05:42 AM
  3. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  4. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  5. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •