Page 36 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2914

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Why does it post when it said it didn't. Guess I should start looking for accommodations.

So are we thinking lineup out next week or Coachella week? It seems like things are accelerated this year so I'm hoping for a lineup next week.
    Follow Ranger Dave on instagram if you really want to know. He leaks album covers - or parts of album covers - for some of the bigger and undercard acts.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

What a nightmare that was. Rejected my card at first and had to wait for Leisure Beaver but I managed to get three tickets. Fuck yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Why does it post when it said it didn't. Guess I should start looking for accommodations.

So are we thinking lineup out next week or Coachella week? It seems like things are accelerated this year so I'm hoping for a lineup next week.
    I think the last two years the line-up has been released between W1 and W2 of Coachella. I'm a W2'er, and I've always liked the convenience of ruling out some possible conflicts in terms of cross-over acts.
    But early leaks might indicate an earlier line-up release this year, possibly pre-Coachella W1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayjay View Post
    What a nightmare that was. Rejected my card at first and had to wait for Leisure Beaver but I managed to get three tickets. Fuck yes.
    The other problem is unreadable captchas. Try and refresh and it boots you.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Will someone let me sleep on their couch for OSL? I just bought my ticket and I'm going solo. I'll bring you all kinds of goodies that Colorado has to offer.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Thanks for the tips and encouragement, VG and gang.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    Follow Ranger Dave on instagram if you really want to know. He leaks album covers - or parts of album covers - for some of the bigger and undercard acts.
    I wish Ranger Dave was a little more cryptic about the leaks. It would make it more fun (for us in this thread especially), if he did something along the lines of clues like Bonnaroo does.

Quote Originally Posted by CestLaVie View Post
    I think the last two years the line-up has been released between W1 and W2 of Coachella. I'm a W2'er, and I've always liked the convenience of ruling out some possible conflicts in terms of cross-over acts.
    But early leaks might indicate an earlier line-up release this year, possibly pre-Coachella W1.
    I'm a W2'er too and I love getting the OSL lineup each year before I go to coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Thanks for the tips and encouragement, VG and gang.

I wish Ranger Dave was a little more cryptic about the leaks. It would make it more fun (for us in this thread especially), if he did something along the lines of clues like Bonnaroo does.

I'm a W2'er too and I love getting the OSL lineup each year before I go to coachella.
    Hear, hear. It may be my mind playing tricks on me, but pre instagram I seem to recall him doing that on twitter.
    Last edited by SavageHenry101; 03-28-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: General bollocks
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Ok, I'm glad everybody got their passes, but please stop talking about the best kept secret on the planet. The more people that know the less chance it has of working. No more talk about the ticketmaster app!! File that info away with the secret Coachella bathrooms and never tell another soul.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Ok, I'm glad everybody got their passes, but please stop talking about the best kept secret on the planet. The more people that know the less chance it has of working. No more talk about the ticketmaster app!! File that info away with the secret Coachella bathrooms and never tell another soul.
    I know you come in good terms and aren't trolling, but I must respectfully disagree. Seems to me most folk here are veterans of OSL, or have a real passion for OSL and what it stands for. The people on this thread are precisely the people who I want to go to the festival. The good, good people who make OSL my favourite festival on the planet. If that means some Coachella blowhards on MMA or frat boys wearing Peruvian hats and LA Dodger vests don't get to attend on the cheap, so be it. But this is, for good or for ill, a community website and I'm sharing. Sorry!
    Last edited by SavageHenry101; 03-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

I know you come in good terms and aren't trolling, but I must respectfully disagree. Seems to me most folk here are veterans of OSL, or have a real passion for OSL and what it stands for. The people on this thread are precisely the people who I want to go to the festival. The good, good people who make OSL my favourite festival on the planet. If that means some Coachella blowhards on MMA or frat boys wearing Peruvian hats and LA Dodger vests don't get to attend on the cheap, so be it. But this is, for good or for ill, a community website and I'm sharing. Sorry!
    This is the most genuinely nice thing I've seen happen on this forum. I will totally buy you a beer at OSL.

My girlfriend is a nurse with some crazy hours.. how resellable do you think tickets are if I buy them now? I'd even be willing to lose $20 later and just sell the pair if we can't make it. Just moved here from Chicago and I know Lollapalooza sells out like crazy, but dk how Outside Lands is. Any help is greatly appreciated! Really want to get to OSL!

Does Outside Lands usually sell out? I'm wondering if I can wait until the lineup is announced to buy a pair of tickets since I missed out on the Eager Beaver sale.
    Last edited by abrod262000; 03-28-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abrod262000 View Post
    My girlfriend is a nurse with some crazy hours.. how resellable do you think tickets are if I buy them now? I'd even be willing to lose $20 later and just sell the pair if we can't make it. Just moved here from Chicago and I know Lollapalooza sells out like crazy, but dk how Outside Lands is. Any help is greatly appreciated! Really want to get to OSL!
    Very re-sellable. Don't worry.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

So it's settled the secret doesn't leave the board

Very resellable, and you are likely to recoup expenses.

Sheldorrrrrr, if you haven't found a couch by July let's chat then, I could maybe help. I am also a former Denverite now in the city.

OSL whoop whoop! Giddy for what is sure to be a legendary lineup.
    www.yupstermusic.com

8/8-10: Outside Lands
    10/5: War On Drugs - The Fillmore
    10/8: Fink - The Independent

Crosby, Stills & Nash? http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...tills_n_7.html

Could also see them at Hardly Strictly.
    www.yupstermusic.com

8/8-10: Outside Lands
    10/5: War On Drugs - The Fillmore
    10/8: Fink - The Independent

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    This is the most genuinely nice thing I've seen happen on this forum. I will totally buy you a beer at OSL.
    At $10 a pop, I shall gladly accept! A pint of watermelon beer kind sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    So it's settled the secret doesn't leave the board
    I'm totally cool with that.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Is it just me or do they have way more presale tickets this year? Usually it seems like Eager Beavers are gone in ten minutes, and this time it took forty. Usually special tickets (liesure beaver) are gone within 20 minutes or so and an hour and a half later they're still easily available.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by wheat View Post
    Is it just me or do they have way more presale tickets this year? Usually it seems like Eager Beavers are gone in ten minutes, and this time it took forty. Usually special tickets (liesure beaver) are gone within 20 minutes or so and an hour and a half later they're still easily available.
    Possible. Could also be a psychological effect of eager beavers going above the $200 mark and all presale ticket prices going up by about $30 each.

Quote Originally Posted by zachsquatch View Post

Sheldorrrrrr, if you haven't found a couch by July let's chat then, I could maybe help. I am also a former Denverite now in the city.

Thanks man! I grew up and was raised in Denver and now I'm actually in the Boulder area, but I have a few people in the bay area - one of whom will hopefully host me. I've been to SF a handful of times but never OSL, but it sounds like a phenomenal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zachsquatch View Post

Thanks man! I grew up and was raised in Denver and now I'm actually in the Boulder area, but I have a few people in the bay area - one of whom will hopefully host me. I've been to SF a handful of times but never OSL, but it sounds like a phenomenal experience.

One other thing I noticed was different this year, for overseas customers, was that tickets can now be printed at home for no charge, rather than having to pay $2.50 and collect them at will call. A small but appreciated difference.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07

Grabbed my ticket. So so so excited. Unfortunately, a friend trying to get 3 for others failed even when using the app. I'm guessing it's easier with a lower quantity. Anyway, this'll be the fest of the year

Screen Shot 03-28-14 at 12.15 PM.jpg

Wonder how soon is "very soon". Seems like a virtual lock it will be before 4/15 like it usually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Hey all! Been lurking on here to catch lineup leaks for OSL but decided to make an account since I got my EB stubs today. I, like many of you, was able to hop on the app right at 10 and pick up my ticket with zero problems. I even hopped on a bit later to grab some Leisure Beaver tickets for my buddies who couldn't get the website to work.

I went Friday and Saturday of last year and had a blast, looking forward to heading back!

Also - any suggestions about the Shuttle? It'll be my first time in SF, so just wondering if Shuttle is the best route to take because the BART, MUNI, and Caltrain stops are all right where the Shuttle leaves from. Just want to make sure I'm having the easiest/cheapest experience possible

Try searching "shuttle" in the thread and you will find that not too long ago, it was discussed.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by abrod262000 View Post
    Also - any suggestions about the Shuttle? It'll be my first time in SF, so just wondering if Shuttle is the best route to take because the BART, MUNI, and Caltrain stops are all right where the Shuttle leaves from. Just want to make sure I'm having the easiest/cheapest experience possible
    As guedita said, take a look above, the shuttle situation was discussed a bit. Personally, I think it depends where you are staying. You can catch the N Muni at the Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, or Civic Center BART Stations. Get off around Judah and 34th-ish, head north, BOOM, GG Park.

I always miss out on the eager beaver ticket

Ive always stayed around the shuttle pick up area and have found it to be a very pleasant experience getting too and from the festival. Every year seems a little bit more organized then the last. But even with the HUGE crowd leaving macca at the same time, there wasnt to long of a wait to get on. But I agree, i dont think the shuttle would be very convenient if you have to go out of your way to get to the pick up area.