Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

KOL is such a boring band. How the fuck do bands like this even get popular?

Bruce is possible, seems to fit the OSL bill but there were rumors of Prince honestly though that was pure speculation with no backing.
    Last edited by Chillzzz; 03-18-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    Close! Killers, Cut Copy, and Disclosure, don't know about Bruce. Modest and Flaming Lips doubtful.
    I'd rather have Prince or even Elton John instead of Bruce of course. Even Rage Against the Machine which I doubt. Macklemore I can see headlining a twin peaks spot during that token "old school" act. This festival always throws me for a loop each year, I love it. Great atmosphere.

Twin Peaks usually closes with an EDM

Tiesto was confirmed earlier correct?

yea this was my speculation for twin peaks:

Friday: Bassnectar
    Saturday: The Avett Brothers
    Sunday: Tisto

Don't think the Avett Bros will be headlining.

Yeah Avett bros seem like sutro closers or 3rd to last on the main

I would be surprised if Kanye and Elton are there as OSL and Roo have never shared more than one headliner.

And there has been one band Twin Peaks headliner the past four years: The Strokes, The Shins, Sigur Ros, and Phoenix. So I would expect there to be one this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I would be surprised if Kanye and Elton are there as OSL and Roo have never shared more than one headliner.

And there has been one band Twin Peaks headliner the past four years: The Strokes, The Shins, Sigur Ros, and Phoenix. So I would expect there to be one this year.
    Good point, I don't know how I forgot that since I was at the last 3 of those. Sigur Ros was nothing less than magical.

I know for a fact Arctic Monkeys will be there, since they're headlining Lolla would it be safe to assume they're headlining OSL too?
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    I know for a fact Arctic Monkeys will be there, since they're headlining Lolla would it be safe to assume they're headlining OSL too?
    Depends on what your definition of a headliner is, I don't see them being one of the top 3 billed.

Depends on what your definition of a headliner is, I don't see them being one of the top 3 billed.
    Ya that's pretty much my definition. Seems like they're the Phoenix of 2014. All these rumors have me excited though, god I loved OSL last year. Didn't run into any of the problems other boardies described...other than one talker during Paul's set.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

What do we think the chances are OSL pulls in The 'Mats? I would love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Yeah I mean I know I love the camping aspect of Coachella, but San Fran is also a very fun city. I hope I don't get chewed out for this, but from the set times it looks like OSL is done around 10 PM every night - is that it for the day?
    This is correct. It's a noise curfew since the festival is in the middle of the city. It's 10 Friday and Saturday and around 9:30 Sunday.

There are late-night shows at venues throughout the city, however, such as ...

Quote Originally Posted by zachsquatch View Post
    I caught a Yeasayer aftershow and it was unreal. At the Independent, a much smaller venue than they'd ever play.
    That Yeasayer show was so awesome. And I was glad they did the late-night show since they played the festival at the same time as McCartney.

I feel like we're burying the lead here. Ranger Dave dropped his first "clue" today which is a couple weeks earlier than the past couple years. Hopefully, that means that we might get an earlier lineup announcement this year. Maybe Bottle Rock is lighting a fire under Ranger Dave's boy scout shorts.

Also anyone think that Slint could be there? They announced a tour for the Spiderland reissue and there are no west coast dates so far. Plus they are playing some fests. I just don't know if they really fit the vibe.

The Killers
    The XX, The Flaming Lips, Broken Bells, Cut Copy
    Flying Lotus, Diplo, HAIM, The Kooks,

Rage Against The Machine
    Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean,
    Disclosure, Lorde, Mogwai, Flosstradamus

Elton John
    The Pixies, Modest Mouse, Boys Noize, Chromeo
    Macklemore, Crystal Castles, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Local Natives

I would love to see at least a handful of these acts there this year!!!

Slint wouldn't fit the vibe whatsoever, and even at Pitchfork, when they were playing Spiderland front to back, they drew a woefully small crowd. I'd go batshit if they were there, but I highly doubt it.

That said, it seems like high time to listen to Spiderland.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Slint wouldn't fit the vibe whatsoever, and even at Pitchfork, when they were playing Spiderland front to back, they drew a woefully small crowd. I'd go batshit if they were there, but I highly doubt it.

That said, it seems like high time to listen to Spiderland.
    Yeah, thats kinda what I was thinking too. Hopefully we get some west coast dates.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    KOL is such a boring band. How the fuck do bands like this even get popular?
    im guessing the same people that watch Big Bang Theory

and my god CANT WE JUST FUCKING GET PRINCE TO PLAY GGP?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Yeah, thats kinda what I was thinking too. Hopefully we get some west coast dates.
    Well, thanks for convincing me to throw on the ole Spiderland wax, and I agree. They'll play out here again, I'm sure. I really hope they work on some of the material they had sitting around, or, even better, develop some new stuff. They'll never get to the odd insularity of Spiderland again, but it's been far too long since some of these guys have put out music. I mean, the last The For Carnation album was over a decade ago. (They should tour.)
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Still holding out some hope that Coldplay will make it onto the lineup this year! Would definitely make my decision to go a 4th straight year easier.

Good point, I don't know how I forgot that since I was at the last 3 of those. Sigur Ros was nothing less than magical.
    That's the adjective I used to describe Sigur Ros. The night coming in, the mist swirling, and the lead guy elevated at the front of the stag? One of the best sets I've ever seen at any festival, ever. Post-rock Sutro closers are good - arguably the one big gap in last year's lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    im guessing the same people that watch Big Bang Theory

and my god CANT WE JUST FUCKING GET PRINCE TO PLAY GGP?!?
    Big Bang Theory ruined the name Sheldon like KOL is ruining music festivals. And I mean this in the worst fucking way possible. I can't go anywhere or answer my phone at work without some asshole asking me if I watch that stink-ass worse than cookie-cutter sitcom.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

I'm guessing this counts Eminem out:

08/07 Los Angeles, CA @ Rose Bowl
    08/16 E. Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium
    08/22 Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    I'm guessing this counts Eminem out:

08/07 – Los Angeles, CA @ Rose Bowl
    08/16 – E. Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium
    08/22 – Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park
    I was about to say the opposite. we were already speculating that he might play Friday before heading to play Squamish on Sunday. Him being in LA on Thursday night actually supports that idea.

Yeah he could very well be your Friday headliner.

Also anyone think that Slint could be there? They announced a tour for the Spiderland reissue and there are no west coast dates so far. Plus they are playing some fests. I just don't know if they really fit the vibe.
    I read those dates and thought they set up nicely for FYF. I would love it but there's no chance Slint plays OSL.

So if Em is there does that mean we get Rhianna too? She doesn't seem to be playing Squamish though, so who knows.

I would be disappointed if Em is the first hip-hop artist to actually headline OSL, but maybe that's just because I saw him lip-sync so blatantly on SNL recently. The stage set up he used for the Australia tour this year doesn't look too complicated so I guess its reasonable that he could play LA on Thursday and get it set up again at OSL on Friday morning. There's no room for error, though, considering his LA show will probably be over with at 11:00 at the earliest and that only leaves them 12 hours to pack up the stage, get to SF, and then set the stage back up.

He could be using different stage setups for his festival and stadium shows.

Eminem-Pearl Jam-Elton John

I think that is what OSL will be getting
    you are soooooooo good lookin