Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

if Elton John is indeed headlining Bonnaroo does that increase the likelihood that he plays OSL?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    if Elton John is indeed headlining Bonnaroo does that increase the likelihood that he plays OSL?
    Considering they booked Paul for both fests last year...yes.

9/18 Owen Pallett, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/1 Jenny Lewis, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/19 Chrissie Hynde, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

Yes, Superfly handles booking for both fests. c.f. Paul McCartney last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSkin View Post
    This is my list. I am basing it on artists that are playing the festival circuit this year. I have to admit I added a few wishes. I am leaving Outkast out because I think it's too obvious. I am still adding to it too. What do you think?

Black Sabbath - Foo Fighters - Pearl Jam - Muse - Arctic Monkeys
    Weezer - MIA - Trey Anastasio Band - Kendrick Lamar - Lorde - Zedd
    Broken Bells - Kraftwerk 3D - Sheryl Crow - Phil Phillips - Los Lobos - Tycho - Julian Lennon
    Portugal the Man - Ziggy Marley - moe. - Loretta Lynn - Blues Traveller - Janelle Monae
    Chance the Rapper - STS9 - Matt & Kim - Mike Patton & Zorn - Thievery Corporation
    Jake Bugg - Goldfish - Phantogram - Fitz & The Tantrums - Black Lips - SOJA - Bastille
    Sprongle - Rusted Root - Pepper - The Melvins - Nosaj Thing - Washed Out
    Zion I - MSMR - Foxygen - Majical Clouds - Tune-Yards - The Mowglies - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
    Wild Belle - Royal Teeth - Animals as Leaders - Charles Bradley
    New Politics - American Aquarium - Cayucas - City and Colour - RDGLDGRN
    Sleeper Agent - Cass McCombs - Deafhaven - Kongos - The 1975
    Muse is not playing, and Zedd played last year. The rest of that looks close. Could use a couple more subs.

EDIT: In what world is Lorde above Kraftwerk 3D? Oh my.

9/18 Owen Pallett, 9/20 Conor Oberst, 9/25 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, 9/27 How to Dress Well, 9/28 The War on Drugs, 10/1 Jenny Lewis, 10/3 & 10/5 ACL W1, 10/10 CHVRCHES, 10/11 Spoon, 10/12 ACL W2, 10/13 Paul McCartney, 10/16 Rodrigo y Gabriela, 10/18 twenty one pilots, 10/19 Erasure, 11/7 Rufus Wainwright, 11/7-11/9 FFF Fest, 11/12 Tedeschi Trucks Band, 11/19 Chrissie Hynde, 11/23 Caribou, 12/14 Fleetwood Mac, 12/19 The Black Keys + St. Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSkin View Post
    This is my list. I am basing it on artists that are playing the festival circuit this year. I have to admit I added a few wishes. I am leaving Outkast out because I think it's too obvious. I am still adding to it too. What do you think?

Black Sabbath - Foo Fighters - Pearl Jam - Muse - Arctic Monkeys
    Weezer - MIA - Trey Anastasio Band - Kendrick Lamar - Lorde - Zedd
    Broken Bells - Kraftwerk 3D - Sheryl Crow - Phil Phillips - Los Lobos - Tycho - Julian Lennon
    Portugal the Man - Ziggy Marley - moe. - Loretta Lynn - Blues Traveller - Janelle Monae
    Chance the Rapper - STS9 - Matt & Kim - Mike Patton & Zorn - Thievery Corporation
    Jake Bugg - Goldfish - Phantogram - Fitz & The Tantrums - Black Lips - SOJA - Bastille
    Sprongle - Rusted Root - Pepper - The Melvins - Nosaj Thing - Washed Out
    Zion I - MSMR - Foxygen - Majical Clouds - Tune-Yards - The Mowglies - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
    Wild Belle - Royal Teeth - Animals as Leaders - Charles Bradley
    New Politics - American Aquarium - Cayucas - City and Colour - RDGLDGRN
    Sleeper Agent - Cass McCombs - Deafhaven - Kongos - The 1975
    I would be so happy with this!

matt and kim played last year too

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Muse is not playing, and Zedd played last year. The rest of that looks close. Could use a couple more subs.

EDIT: In what world is Lorde above Kraftwerk 3D? Oh my.
    9/27 - Simian Mobile Disco - Mezzanine
    10/2 - Elton John - SAP Center
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - DJ Shadow + Cut Chemist - Mezzanine
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Hard Day of the Dead - Fairplex
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Deafheaven is playing Friday at Øya Festival in Norway. I would be surprised to see them on the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    matt and kim played last year too
    And Foo Fighters played two years ago where they were billed 5th, so they wouldn't be back and if they were they wouldn't be a headliner. Fitz and the Tantrums and MSMR have also played in the past two years. One thing we know is OSL doesn't like to repeat too much. But this will be year 6 of the fest, so they will probably have some repeat acts this year, just hopefully not headliners.

Overall its a decent attempt Deadskin, but I think you're missing a headliner or maybe two. Not sure if Black Sabbath would be a headliner at OSL but they did have Metallica a couple years ago. I think part of the Metallica booking was because they are "local".

OSL has the potential to have really great undercard acts this year. I'm sure they'll try to stray away from repeats of any bands that played in the last 2 years. Also, with the number of undercard acts who are quickly gaining attention, they should have a lot of options. AlunaGeorge, Warpaint, Mac DeMarco would be nice...

i honestly dont think anyone would show up for black sabbath

Am I the only one who doesn't think OutKast will play OSL?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't think OutKast will play OSL?
    No, you are not the only one. I think its possible that OutKast is not playing and they do Rock the Bells out here instead. I'd say they are likely to be at OSL but not a given.

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Considering they booked Paul for both fests last year...yes.
    Just because it happened last year doesn't mean they will do it this year, though I will have to say I would love if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    No, you are not the only one. I think its possible that OutKast is not playing and they do Rock the Bells out here instead. I'd say they are likely to be at OSL but not a given.
    I agree with this. I think it's about a 50/50 shot between OSL and Rock The Bells. Only reason I would give the nod to OSL is that Superfly would probably be able to pay more then Guerrilla Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

dang, theyll have to get someone super good if they dont get OutKast

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...dates-20140210

The Boss just announced a U.S. tour with a date at the NOLA Jazz Fest, there's typically some overlap with OSL and the Jazz Fest, right?

No dates on the West Coast announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...dates-20140210

The Boss just announced a U.S. tour with a date at the NOLA Jazz Fest, there's typically some overlap with OSL and the Jazz Fest, right?

No dates on the West Coast announced yet.
    There is some overlap with Jazz Fest but I think some of that is due to Superfly booking New Orleans bands for OSL as the two festivals are 4 months apart.

But the fact that he didn't announce west coast dates yet, is a promising sign that this could be the year for Bruce.

Also, Iced, you might want to add Queens of the Stone Age to the "not gonna be there" list, as they are playing European Festivals in August.

Hello all. Been a lurker for the last two years, having travelled from Scotland to San Francisco for Outside Lands both years, and followed this thread both times before hand. Will definitely be attending again. I think it's a fabulously organised festival - last year's highlights were Wild Feathers and the National for me, although the latter band in the sunshine seemed a bit odd. Also a big fan of Summer Sonic in Chiba, Japan. Basically registered to post the above news about Springsteen - there's a massive West Coast sized gap in his tour for late summer...

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    Hello all. Been a lurker for the last two years, having travelled from Scotland to San Francisco for Outside Lands both years, and followed this thread both times before hand. Will definitely be attending again. I think it's a fabulously organised festival - last year's highlights were Wild Feathers and the National for me, although the latter band in the sunshine seemed a bit odd. Also a big fan of Summer Sonic in Chiba, Japan. Basically registered to post the above news about Springsteen - there's a massive West Coast sized gap in his tour for late summer...
    Welcome. Always awesome to hear about fans traveling from abroad. The Bonnaroo announcement may shed a lot of light on the Bruce situation, or it may be inconsequential.

Unrelated to OLS....going to Biffy Clyro at GAMH tomorrow...how is this ish not sold out yet?

Bruce has a show in Nashville in April, so he wont be at Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Bruce has a show in Nashville in April, so he wont be at Roo.
    Yeah, plus he headlined in 2009 at Roo, so I wouldn't think they would bring him back so soon to the farm anyways.

Just because I'm trying to kill time and not work, here are the shared headliners by year for Roo & OSL:

2013: Macca
    2012: None
    2011: Arcade Fire
    2010: Kings of Leon
    2009: Would have been Beastie Boys if MCA hadn't gotten sick. RIP.
    2008: None

So in actuality, there is not too much in-year crossover for headliners of Roo and OSL. One headliner at most is shared, but just as often there are no headliners shared in-year.

However, almost every band that has headlined OSL has headlined Roo at some point (the recycling of headliners is the main problem with most music festivals but thats another topic). Other than Tenacious D (which was a replacement headliner because of the Beasties) and Muse, pretty much every headliner of OSL has headlined Roo at some point. NIN and Further have not headlined Roo but they have played extended late night sets at Roo give or take a Kanye interruption.

I think we will definitely learn something about the OSL line-up once the Roo line-up comes out next week (approx. 12 bands played both last year including Macca, The National, Grizzly Bear, A-trak, etc), but we will only get a little bit of a taste of whats coming. Lolla line-up will have probably more overlap, but that is primarily with the undercard as well. Anyone know when the Lolla line-up usually comes out?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

the osheaga lineup is slated to come out in mid-late march. same weekend as Lolla, who historically releases the lineup sometime mid-april.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by zachsquatch View Post
    Welcome. Always awesome to hear about fans traveling from abroad. The Bonnaroo announcement may shed a lot of light on the Bruce situation, or it may be inconsequential.

Unrelated to OLS....going to Biffy Clyro at GAMH tomorrow...how is this ish not sold out yet?
    Yeah, it's kind of a shame Biffy Clyro hasn't caught on here. But I'll be there tomorrow...and that is one benefit to their lack of popularity here, that you can see them at venues like GAMH.

That is too bad they haven't sold it out yet.
    Last edited by Listening; 02-11-2014 at 11:02 AM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Just because it happened last year doesn't mean they will do it this year, though I will have to say I would love if he did.
    Is Elton's Vegas residency a factor here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Is Elton's Vegas residency a factor here?
    Someone stated that they thought his Vegas residency contract dictates that Vegas is the westernmost place in the US that he can play.

yeah, I just thought I read that somewhere, but I don't really have anything to base it on.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I'd like to see Elton John, but I thought I read somewhere that he had a clause in his vegas residency contract that prohibits any shows west of Vegas.
    I think it was in one of the various rumors threads speculating about whether or not he could play coachella.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Santana had/has a similar clause, that he can't play anywhere on the West Coast. I imagine Elton has something similar.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

His Las Vegas shows end at the end of April.

My friend lives a block north of the park. I have no reason not to go! Haha.
    What month do they generally release tickets? The lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    His Las Vegas shows end at the end of April.
    THAT is something we overlooked. Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    My friend lives a block north of the park. I have no reason not to go! Haha.
    What month do they generally release tickets? The lineup?
    March for "eager beaver" and other tiered presale tickets. Lineup in April, around the time of Coachella.