Thread: Camping run out of alcohol

Default Camping run out of alcohol

If you run out of alcohol at your camping spot can you go to Ralph's and just walk more in. Do they search you?

Default Re: Camping run out of alcohol

They have shuttles that go to Ralph's. As a general rule of thumb. Calculate how much you think you need, then double it.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    They have shuttles that go to Ralph's. As a general rule of thumb. Calculate how much you think you need, then double it.
    What he said; also, when you come back from the shuttle run, I don't think they search you but they may. Just be smart about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Bring your reuseable grocery bags too. They're stronger than those plastic bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Yes you get searched again.... what the hell are you planning?

Just dont bring in glass, man.
    Never Knows Best.

Just remember to take your ID card, because they will be asking for that, and may end up being dicks about it (which isn't much of an issue if you're cool, and can latch on to another cool person with an ID).

Word to the woozy: If you let the twenty year old stoners use your cooler, you'll find all your beers missing, and one wasted drunk son of a bitch passed out in the tent next door. It's cool to be nice and accommodating to your fellow campers, but fuck that. Do the right thing.

I always bring a 12/24 pack of "give away" beer for neighbors. If they return the favor I'll start giving out the better stuff. It's good to break the ice right off the bat to know what you'll be dealing with all weekend. Somehow everyone in my crew always ends up drinking hard liquor (or other) and there's always a case of something leftover Monday morning, so never had to reload on cans.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

This past year my campmate and I went to ralphs every morning (mainly to use the shitter) and came back with goodies everytime. They allow up to one handle of liquor or one case of beer per person(absolutely no glass containers!) We both ended up bringing back a handle of vodka each and made jungle juice to have and share with our surrounding campers.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Get a 36 of some light beer per person in your site (taste isnt your issue here). And like said above, just go each morning or whenever and grab a plastic handle, seagrams 7 looked like a smart buy with some 7-up/sprite and make some drinks. They are way cool after the weekend has started.

Quote Originally Posted by SONR801 View Post
    This past year my campmate and I went to ralphs every morning (mainly to use the shitter) and came back with goodies everytime. They allow up to one handle of liquor or one case of beer per person(absolutely no glass containers!) We both ended up bringing back a handle of vodka each and made jungle juice to have and share with our surrounding campers.
    whaaaaat!? they allowed hard alcohol to be carried in from grocery store runs?
    this is news to me… I was under the impression there were "strict" NO hard liquor rules… hmm… good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Actual security was operating on a largely different page than what was official.

Haha, nice sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Actual security was operating on a largely different page than what was official.

Haha, nice sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

buy good beer with high alcohol content and you'll be good.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Or buy a lot of cheap beer and drink it too fast. Just have a constant race with your friends to see who can finish their beer the fastest and whoever loses has to pound a beer. this is an ongoing game for the entire weekend.

The old faithful Bevmo always has canned Craft beers if you're trying to increase the alcohol content

if you have to restock. you did it wrong.

also dont get so ratfucked by coachella's ice prices - use dry ice for the weekend and if you have 2 coolers even better. otherwise save money for coachella and vendor it. The food is so good and you're going to buy it anyway.

JUST DONT GET THE BUFFET.

What's wrong with the Buffet? I've heard no negative reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

When you come back from ralph's or wherever, is it coachella security or actual police officers checking the alcohol?

and the buffet is pretty good for how much you pay

Eggs Potatos and OJ right? Maybe bacon.... Maybe it evolved in the last year or two but last time I had it was the last time I had it.

Egg gas from poorly cooked scrambled eggs all day. Woo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Eggs Potatos and OJ right? Maybe bacon.... Maybe it evolved in the last year or two but last time I had it was the last time I had it.

Egg gas from poorly cooked scrambled eggs all day. Woo hoo.
    the eggs were shitty and didn't taste like eggs but the potatoes, bacon, sausage, and pancakes weren't bad