Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonar 2014 and Off Sonar events

Default Re: Sonar 2014 and Off Sonar events

Thankyou for the post Stephane, that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm assuming many more parties will be announced over the coming months.

last year there were more than 200 events during this week
    i've done a smartphone web app here if you need : just go to http://offparty.net/off2014 with your smartphone and enjoy (save the link to your home screen to get the icon)

Hessle Audio showcase at BeCool goes on sale this Friday. Had a great time at this event last year and would recommend if looking for an event that night.

Thursday June 12
    Hessle Audio Showcase @ BeCool (10/12/15 euro)
    23:00-5:00
    Ben UFO
    Pearson Sound
    Pangea
    Kassem Mosse (live)
    Special Guest

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?581070

^ special guest is Paul Woolford

Extremely good value for anyone looking for an event. Not grossly overpriced like the larger parties.

Sounds like Nisennenmondai is killing it. Streaming right meow:
    http://catradio.cat/icat/icattronica
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

mmmm Throwing Snow now. Also looking forward to Downliners Sekt later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I can't seem to get the steam to work - what did you all click on after clicking on the link boourns shared? I've tried clicking on the red "listen live" box and the play button near the bottom of the page but nothing happens - it just refreshes the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Yep just clicked on the "listen live" and the page refreshed but the player works for me. Maybe you are missing a plugin? Looks like it is using Adobe Flash Player. Downliners Sekt on now.

2015:

Ready? Steady? GO!

The first confirmed artists for Sónar Barcelona 2015 are... The Chemical Brothers, Autechre, Kindness, Evian Christ, Fat Freddy's Drop, Daniel Avery, Ten Walls, Lee Gamble, SOPHIE MSMSMSM, Holly Herndon, PXXR GVNG, Kiasmos, Kate Tempest, Tourist, Vessel, Niño, Mans o, Heleha Hauff...

We will be waiting for you the 18.19.20 June 2015

Is Ed touring next year???

Good news for fans of the Big Beat era of electronic music: The Chemical Brothers have confirmed that it will be dropping a new LP during 2015, its first since 2010. Although the music may sway far from classic records such as Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole, this may be the second big release from the scene next year as The Prodigy is well on its way to dropping a new LP during 2015 according to Resident Advisor.

What's to be expected? In terms of actual audio, the "brothers"—Ed Simons and Tom Rowlands—have only hinted that the album will be heavily tied into a new live show the pair is developing. Another announcement from this morning indicates that the new show will serve as the headliner at the annual Sónar music and technology festival in Barcelona during June. Rowlands indicates that the show "will be an intense ride."

"The most important feature of the album is that it connects with us emotionally in some way," he said. "We hope for finding a new way to make you feel. We dream of new sounds and different frames. We have worked with some guest singers but mostly the album is pure Chemical Brothers."

The announcement is particularly sweet to those keeping a finger on the pulse of the scene as it flies almost completely in the face of claims that Simons made a few weeks ago in an interview with organizers for the Bugged Out Weekender. Simons claimed, as was accurately reporter by Music Times' Ryan Middleton at the time, that he would be stepping away from the Chemical Brothers live act to pursue both academic activities as well as a possible solo EP. We don't know how much of that is true or if he was just planting red herrings, but we're sure excited to check out the new gig when it comes stateside.

12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

The first names for other Sónar editions has alse been revealed

Sónar Copenhagen 13th and 14th of March

Metronomy
    Factory Floor
    Daniel Avery
    Kölsch
    Vessel
    Kiasmos
    Jaako Eino Kalevi
    Darkness Falls
    Future 3
    Brynjolfur
    Av Av Av
    Alo Wala
    Courtesy

Sónar Stockholm 13th and 14th of February

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Nina Kraviz
    Kindness
    Nisennenmondai
    Jaako Eino Kalevi
    Zhala
    Alizzz
    Shxcxchcsh
    Lorentz
    Elliphant
    Tokimonsta
    Roll the Dice
    Sophie
    Randomer
    Kasper Bjørke
    Samaris

Sónar Reykjavik 12th, 13th and 14th of february

Skrillex
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    SBTRKT
    Todd Terje
    TV On The Radio
    Kindness
    Nina Kraviz
    Elliphant
    Sophie
    Randomer
    Nisennenmondai
    Daniel Miller
    Yong Lean & Sad Boys
    Alizzz
    DJ Margeir
    Samaris
    Prins Póló
    Mugison
    Ghostigital
    Sin Fang
    DJ Yamaho
    Exos
    Fufano
    Young Karin
    Uni Stefson
    Sean Danke
    Gervisykur

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Is Sonar becoming the Lollapalooza of electronic music festivals?

Its not their first editions outside Barcelona, they started in London in 2002.

Sónar has been present in various cities all over the world since its first international foray in London in 2002. Since then, the festival has travelled to cities such as Chicago, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Hamburg, New York, Seoul, and Rome.

From Wikipedia

Including the events scheduled for 2013 (Reykjavik, Tokyo-Osaka and São Paulo), these are the 42 events that Sónar will have held in 23 cities around the world: London (2002, 2003, 2004, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2011) / Lisbon (2002) / Neuchatel (2002) / Hamburg (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006) / Tokyo (2002, 2004, 2006, 2011, 2012 and 2013) / Rome (2003) / São Paulo (2004, 2012 and 2013) / Lyons (2004) / Guadalajara (2004) / Buenos Aires (2006) / Seoul (2006) / Frankfurt (2007) / Washington (2009) / New York ( 2009) / Chicago (2010 and 2012) / Cape Town (2012) / Toronto (2012) / Denver (2012) / Oakland (2012) / Boston (2012) / Montreal (2012) / Los Angeles (2012) / Reykjavík (2013) / Osaka (2013).

You can now add Copenhagen, Stockholm, Johannesburg, Bogóta and Santiago to the mix.