December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
January 30 - Behemoth
February 3 - Zola Jesus
February 10 - 1349
February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
April 6 - Swans
April 10-12 - Coachella
April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
May 15-17 - Psycho California
June 24-28 - Glastonbury
12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
5-14 - Kvelertak @ St Vitus
5-16 - Elbow & John Grant @ Webster Hall
5-23 - Sheer Terror @ Brooklyn Night Bazaar
I'm a pretty big Elton John fan and I've seen him twice before. Never been to roo but I can tell you Elton wouldn't go over great as a coachella headliner. It's not McCartney or waters with a big show and tons of production. He basically just sits there and plays piano. I enjoy his concerts but there's very little energy and I'd imagine coachella audiences would be bored halfway through.
I am probably going to bonnaroo this year but imo the coachella lineup is better.
My feeling is 2014 is going to end up feeling a lot like 2008... less spectacular on paper than other years lineups but amazing in tears of actual experience. Going both weekends this year an absolutely stroked. I mean Bryan. Ferry into Replacements into Knife into Outkast or Motorhead into NMH into Beck into Arcade Fire...how is this anything less than awesome!
The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee
Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen
Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood
lol if you don't think Replacements won't play NYC, you're spending too much time on this board.
The bands you mentioned have played numerous times in nyc the past few years. It's not a big deal dude. Maybe since you live in Arizona of all places in America, you're excited to see those bands for the first time!
New York? Is that where you're from? Oh, I never knew that.
Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-21-2014 at 09:27 AM.
They'll play somewhere smaller first? Is that so? Share your inside info, Spooks, or continue being a completely worthless, disgusting human being.
I can only imagine you don't have many friends.
I also don't know why people are all assuming that Outkast is going to trot out the same stage show, same setlist, same guests at each performance. If I was wagering, I'd imagine that the sets at the bigger deal shows like Coachella, Lolla, maybe even Counterpoint since it's their closest "home" show, will be somewhat more elaborate than what they do for Big Guava, but whatever.
Spooks lives with his parents? Can we confirm this?
Do you think he lives with his parents because he doesn't have friends, or does he not have friends because he lives with his parents? Kind of a chicken and the egg type deal.
1. I avoided your statement because your statement was fucking stupid.
2. Your statement was fucking stupid because you are equating "The Saturday lineup is the worst in Coachella history" to "The Coachella lineup sucks". These are not logically equivalent statements. They're not even close to equivalent.
3. I called you a stupid guinea dago whop to illustrate a point: Your generalization about Mitch being from Utah was another example of you being fucking stupid. I don't actually care what race or ethnicity you are, you're still fucking stupid. Calling you a stupid guinea dago whop does seem to fit your MO, however.
4. Why do you care how I'm spending my money? What business is it of yours? It seems to threaten you. You feel threatened that I am spending my money to go to Coachella, rather than going to hang out with a bunch of dirty smelly ugly white dreadlocked fucktards at Bonnaroo.
The Bonnaroo lineup has some nice features. I would like to see Elton John. I would like to see the country/folk undercard. I would like to see Mastodon and Deafheaven. But I don't really want to go to pigfucking Tennessee. Coachella has the Replacements, which means it wins anyway.
5. The Replacements have no gigs scheduled for New York. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, who can say? Certainly not you, because you are stupid pigfucker.
Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.
ugly and dreadlocked? harsh.
definetly white...........but ugly?
She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.I hardly think I'm an attention whore.I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer