Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bonnaroo 2014

Default Re: Bonnaroo 2014

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Who cares about that fake band Motorhead?
    Apparently Bryan Ferry was such an eye-popper that I listed him twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    And apparently, Bryan Ferry was such an eye-popper that I listed him twice.
    LOL WHO CARES ABOUT BRYAN FERRY
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I live a half hour away from Los Angeles and I for one am absolutely ecstatic about the chance to see The Knife and The Replacements in front of thousands of people. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    chris.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    YES X 10000

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Providing board names to news outlets should be proper protocol going forward
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Bonnaroo 2014 > Coachella + Gov Balls 2014
    Bonnaroo basically just took bands from Coachella 13 and 14 and Governor's ball 13 and 14. There's not much on this lineup that you can't see anywhere this summer, or could have seen everywhere last summer. It's a good lineup, their best ever, but this isn't the American Primavera or something. It's your standard mish mash of bands.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Maybe it is an NYC thing, because I agree with Spooks. I like this lineup best of the big fest American lineups so far. And I was also underwhelmed by Coachella's lineup for the first time since I started paying attention. Not that I'm going to camp or pay 30k to sleep in a bus at Bonnaroo so I'm holding out hope for Merge's 25th anniversary fest, which I've made hotel reservations for the dates just in case it's as good as I'm hoping.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4-4 - Wussy @ Webster Hall
    4-7 - Thee Silver Mt Zion @ Bowery Ballroom
    4-9 - Thee Silver Mt Zion @ Union Pool
    4-27 - say hi @ Rough Trade
    5-9 - EMA @ Rough Trade
    5-16 - Elbow @ Webster Hall

I'm a pretty big Elton John fan and I've seen him twice before. Never been to roo but I can tell you Elton wouldn't go over great as a coachella headliner. It's not McCartney or waters with a big show and tons of production. He basically just sits there and plays piano. I enjoy his concerts but there's very little energy and I'd imagine coachella audiences would be bored halfway through.

I am probably going to bonnaroo this year but imo the coachella lineup is better.

Stop making excuses, this is the worst Cochella lineup yet. I guess living in Utah, you would be happy to see the Replacements and the Knife in front of thousands of people but I can see both acts at a proper venue. They get Nas on the 20th anniversary of Illmatic and he's on the third line?! The Yuma tent will be pumping. The rest of the lineup however....when Beady Eye, Lorde, Foster the People, Broken Bells, and etc are towards the top of lineup, you're in trouble
    I felt this way a month ago...but this coachella unlike previous years has so many acts ive never caught before and I'm loving the jammy vibe of so many of the undercard rock acts...Goat /jon Spencer / Syd Arthur / Temples / Ty Seagal / Drownerz / Graveyard / Foxygen / Motorhead.

My feeling is 2014 is going to end up feeling a lot like 2008... less spectacular on paper than other years lineups but amazing in tears of actual experience. Going both weekends this year an absolutely stroked. I mean Bryan. Ferry into Replacements into Knife into Outkast or Motorhead into NMH into Beck into Arcade Fire...how is this anything less than awesome!
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Stop making excuses, this is the worst Cochella lineup yet. I guess living in Utah, you would be happy to see the Replacements and the Knife in front of thousands of people but I can see both acts at a proper venue. They get Nas on the 20th anniversary of Illmatic and he's on the third line?! The Yuma tent will be pumping. The rest of the lineup however....when Beady Eye, Lorde, Foster the People, Broken Bells, and etc are towards the top of lineup, you're in trouble
    I guess living in New York, you're a dumb ass guinea whop dago with your greasy head up your greasy ass.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Now you're just moving the goalposts; you don't get to compare festival to festival and then jump to "but I can see such and such act in a relevant NYC club" which has fuckall nothing to do with the original comparison.

Also, did I miss an announced "proper venue" Replacements show, or are you just privy to super cool inside info? I hope the later, because my esteem for you would grow immensely if you had early information about a show in New York.
    What? If the line up is good, I'll fly out to Coachella and spend $350 for tickets. I'm simply saying that this year's lineup is sub-par and I can catch whatever bands I want to see this year here in NYC! I can't wait for you to tell us that Arcade Fire's set was the best one!

lol if you don't think Replacements won't play NYC, you're spending too much time on this board.

Spooks, you fucking dufus, whether you want to see it this way or not, a lot of people believe getting Outkast's first full, live show together in over a decade is a pretty big get for Coachella. The fact we all knew it was happening months in advance does not matter. Neither does where they play after.

The Knife is a pretty huge booking too. When was the last time they were in the US? Coachella got first dibs on them too. What about The Replacements, Bryan Ferry, Neko Case, Bonobo, The Afghan Whigs or Motörhead? The Pet Shop Boys were a pleasant surprise too.
    Who cares if you get to see them first! It's not like they're only playing Coachella. They'll be at Lollapalooza and more to come You want a cookie? It's like people who think going to weekend 1 is better. From what I remember the past two years, weekend 2 had better setlists, special guests, weather and etc!

The bands you mentioned have played numerous times in nyc the past few years. It's not a big deal dude. Maybe since you live in Arizona of all places in America, you're excited to see those bands for the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    So since I live in Alaska, by Spooks theory, every festival is pretty goddamn amazing to me I guess.
    See you're missing my point. I'm saying if you live in major metropolitan cities such as NYC/LA/Chicago, you get to see bands that you like to see more frequently.

Who cares about that fake band Motorhead?
    lol I can only imagine how many times you've actually listened to Motorhead....I mean your fav band is Depeche Mode. Can your precious ears handle Ian Fraser Kilmister's bass?!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Bonnaroo basically just took bands from Coachella 13 and 14 and Governor's ball 13 and 14. There's not much on this lineup that you can't see anywhere this summer, or could have seen everywhere last summer. It's a good lineup, their best ever, but this isn't the American Primavera or something. It's your standard mish mash of bands.
    Of course no American festivals can match any European festivals. There's no Primavera, Glastonbury, Melt Festival, and etc here...

I guess living in New York, you're a dumb ass guinea whop dago with your greasy head up your greasy ass.
    Wait who was the one that said this year's Saturday lineup is the worst day in Coachella history? Yet you're still going to spend couple hundred $$$ when you could be saving that money for Primavera

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Wait who was the one that said this year's Saturday lineup is the worst day in Coachella history? Yet you're still going to spend couple hundred $$$ when you could be saving that money for Primavera
    Stating that Saturday is the worst day in Coachella history (which it is) in no way contradicts the fact that you are a fucking idiot.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Who cares if you get to see them first! It's not like they're only playing Coachella. They'll be at Lollapalooza and more to come You want a cookie? It's like people who think going to weekend 1 is better. From what I remember the past two years, weekend 2 had better setlists, special guests, weather and etc!

The bands you mentioned have played numerous times in nyc the past few years. It's not a big deal dude. Maybe since you live in Arizona of all places in America, you're excited to see those bands for the first time!
    There are a lot of people excited to see what Outkast will do on stage. There is still a bit of mystery there. That's why getting to see the first show is a little more special, you fucking shit-for-brains. I also don't argue, nor care which weekend is "better". I tend to prefer weekend one because I want to go to Coachella when the grass is still green and that's when my friends and I have agreed on each year, but maybe I will go to weekend two one year.

New York? Is that where you're from? Oh, I never knew that.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-21-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Stating that Saturday is the worst day in Coachella history (which it is) in no way contradicts the fact that you are a fucking idiot.
    Way to avoid my statement Tom! Why are you going again? Please tell us why you're spending your hard earned $$$ if you don't line the lineup...

There are a lot of people excited to see what Outkast will do on stage. There is still a bit of mystery there. That's why getting to see the first show is a little more special, you fucking shit-for-brains. I also don't argue, nor care which weekend is "better". I tend to prefer weekend one because I want to go to Coachella when the grass is still green and that's when my friends and I have agreed on each year, but maybe I will go to weekend two one year.

New York? Is that where you're from? Oh, I never knew that.
    Wait will weekend 1 get better setlist than 39 other shows they'll be playing?! Don't you think Gov Balls will be better when Killer Mike shows up with them?! Sooooo much mystery I can't even handle it! They'll play somewhere smaller first so no you're just getting to see them with 50,000+ FIRST! Oh and the grass was still green both weekends the past two years You sound like some hipster from Echo Park. I don't want to ruin my brand new shoes because the grass is dirtyyyyyyyyy! How did you survive Bonnaroo!

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Way to avoid my statement Tom! Why are you going again? Please tell us why you're spending your hard earned $$$ if you don't line the lineup...

Wait will weekend 1 get better setlist than 39 other shows they'll be playing?! Don't you think Gov Balls will be better when Killer Mike shows up with them?! Sooooo much mystery I can't even handle it! They'll play somewhere smaller first so no you're just getting to see them with 50,000+ FIRST! Oh and the grass was still green both weekends the past two years You sound like some hipster from Echo Park. I don't want to ruin my brand new shoes because the grass is dirtyyyyyyyyy! How did you survive Bonnaroo!
    You are the stupidest piece of shit on this board. I already clarified my stance on the weekend 1/2 discussion: I don't give a fuck. Do I think Governor's Ball will be better when Killer Mike shows up? No, not really. I like Killer Mike, but Outkast's catalog is so deep it doesn't really matter at all. We are going to likely get a fantastic show, no matter how you slice it.

They'll play somewhere smaller first? Is that so? Share your inside info, Spooks, or continue being a completely worthless, disgusting human being.

I can only imagine you don't have many friends.

I can only imagine you don't have many friends.
    That was to Spooks, not you Tucson. I am sure you are somewhat well-liked amongst your peers.

I also don't know why people are all assuming that Outkast is going to trot out the same stage show, same setlist, same guests at each performance. If I was wagering, I'd imagine that the sets at the bigger deal shows like Coachella, Lolla, maybe even Counterpoint since it's their closest "home" show, will be somewhat more elaborate than what they do for Big Guava, but whatever.

That was to Spooks, not you Tucson. I am sure you are somewhat well-liked amongst your peers.
    I have my moments.

Wrong! He's a goofy asian that lives with his parents!! And he's too stupid to know when he's being mocked!!!

I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Spooks lives with his parents? Can we confirm this?

Do you think he lives with his parents because he doesn't have friends, or does he not have friends because he lives with his parents? Kind of a chicken and the egg type deal.

The depth of your stupidity and lack of self-awareness are profound.

1. I avoided your statement because your statement was fucking stupid.

2. Your statement was fucking stupid because you are equating "The Saturday lineup is the worst in Coachella history" to "The Coachella lineup sucks". These are not logically equivalent statements. They're not even close to equivalent.

3. I called you a stupid guinea dago whop to illustrate a point: Your generalization about Mitch being from Utah was another example of you being fucking stupid. I don't actually care what race or ethnicity you are, you're still fucking stupid. Calling you a stupid guinea dago whop does seem to fit your MO, however.

4. Why do you care how I'm spending my money? What business is it of yours? It seems to threaten you. You feel threatened that I am spending my money to go to Coachella, rather than going to hang out with a bunch of dirty smelly ugly white dreadlocked fucktards at Bonnaroo.

The Bonnaroo lineup has some nice features. I would like to see Elton John. I would like to see the country/folk undercard. I would like to see Mastodon and Deafheaven. But I don't really want to go to pigfucking Tennessee. Coachella has the Replacements, which means it wins anyway.

5. The Replacements have no gigs scheduled for New York. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, who can say? Certainly not you, because you are stupid pigfucker.

ugly and dreadlocked? harsh.

definetly white...........but ugly?

The depth of your stupidity and lack of self-awareness are profound.

1. I avoided your statement because your statement was fucking stupid.

2. Your statement was fucking stupid because you are equating "The Saturday lineup is the worst in Coachella history" to "The Coachella lineup sucks". These are not logically equivalent statements. They're not even close to equivalent.

3. I called you a stupid guinea dago whop to illustrate a point: Your generalization about Mitch being from Utah was another example of you being fucking stupid. I don't actually care what race or ethnicity you are, you're still fucking stupid. Calling you a stupid guinea dago whop does seem to fit your MO, however.

4. Why do you care how I'm spending my money? What business is it of yours? It seems to threaten you. You feel threatened that I am spending my money to go to Coachella, rather than going to hang out with a bunch of dirty smelly ugly white dreadlocked fucktards at Bonnaroo.

The Bonnaroo lineup has some nice features. I would like to see Elton John. I would like to see the country/folk undercard. I would like to see Mastodon and Deafheaven. But I don't really want to go to pigfucking Tennessee. Coachella has the Replacements, which means it wins anyway.

5. The Replacements have no gigs scheduled for New York. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, who can say? Certainly not you, because you are stupid pigfucker.

amirite?

Spooks lives with his parents? Can we confirm this?
    Do you think he lives with his parents because he doesn't have friends, or does he not have friends because he lives with his parents? Kind of a chicken and the egg type deal.
    He lives in New York. He seemingly doesn't work. He's completely stupid, save for some creepy details he remembers about some of us. There's no way he DOESN'T live with his parents.

Last edited by captncrzy; 02-21-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    ugly and dreadlocked? harsh.

definetly white...........but ugly?

hahaha Hey spooks you good with that? it would be really cool if you owned it.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer