Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Primavera 2014

Default Re: Primavera 2014

Both feeds are quiet right now for everyone, right? I really want to see Slint so I hope that one doesn't get fucked up like the Pixies did.

Feed for 2nd channel is up. I think its SLint that's playing now
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Feed for 2nd channel is up. I think its SLint that's playing now
    Yep it is. Thanks. Although it keeps pausing and stopping. Maybe the rain today caused some technical difficulties.

A few quick thoughts before heading home, might post more once I get back

-Overall, I loved the festival. Bands seemed very happy to be playing, as near as I could see, and every set I caught was great as a result
    -the weather, even under threat of rain, was quite lovely, and the location was wonderful.
    -with regard to 'do the crowds care more about the music?' Yes they do. That should be self evident, considering the curation of the festival. This does not mean that Primavera is without douchebags. Plenty of people shoving themselves to the front of crowds, dozens of complete assholes taking the quiet moments between Slint/Godspeed songs to talk for no goddamned reason, and an absolutely appalling amount of trash around every stage. You think Coachella is bad? See what happens without a beer garden to corral everyone's plastic cups
    -I'd probably pay $30 just to watch Queens of The Stone Age play 'Song For The Dead' once. Holy shit.
    -Food inside the Fest was expensive, but decent. Alcohol was stupid overpriced. Sneaking it in was easy, and there are plenty of bars/markets outside the ground. With in-and-outs until 3am, do that instead.

Anyways, Great festival. Hope to come back next year

I drove 4+ hours round trip to Coachella and put up with that horrendous dust storm this year just to watch a 50 minute Queens set. They are that good right now.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by cormaic View Post
    A few quick thoughts before heading home, might post more once I get back

-Overall, I loved the festival. Bands seemed very happy to be playing, as near as I could see, and every set I caught was great as a result
    -the weather, even under threat of rain, was quite lovely, and the location was wonderful.
    -with regard to 'do the crowds care more about the music?' Yes they do. That should be self evident, considering the curation of the festival. This does not mean that Primavera is without douchebags. Plenty of people shoving themselves to the front of crowds, dozens of complete assholes taking the quiet moments between Slint/Godspeed songs to talk for no goddamned reason, and an absolutely appalling amount of trash around every stage. You think Coachella is bad? See what happens without a beer garden to corral everyone's plastic cups
    -I'd probably pay $30 just to watch Queens of The Stone Age play 'Song For The Dead' once. Holy shit.
    -Food inside the Fest was expensive, but decent. Alcohol was stupid overpriced. Sneaking it in was easy, and there are plenty of bars/markets outside the ground. With in-and-outs until 3am, do that instead.

Anyways, Great festival. Hope to come back next year
    enjoyed my experience there. Security was really only cheacking for weapons and any kind of food/drink sailed right through in 2-3 minutes. Minor hike between the big stages and some other stages but nothing Lolla-esque.

Many more music junkies there. Television at PS got a bigger crowd than Blur did at Coachella, even with 2-3 times the festival capacity. I avoid the pits of the mainstages to skip idiots and get more from the video screens. Plastic beer cups are easy to pick up in the morning by crew - deep down we all know some come here on a hopefully warmer "liquid vacation" from elsewhere in Europe/UK. No EDM idiots in sight and no people too smashed to function, though the latin habit of so many people chain smoking got was a mild nuisance.

Slint was cool, but itīs hard to keep fans attention with extended quiet noodling that goes nowhere on top of a full minute of silence between songs. A compacted set would have worked better and they have the material.

QOTSA were a bit sluggish. They flew direct from washington state with 3 days between and the 9 time zone jetlag is brutal - I flew in from Vancouver and am still finding my sleep patter for my non-fest vacation.

Trent threw in some VERY politically/religious themed lyric changes in HLAH(bow-down verse) for the Spanish crowd early Sunday morning. Out of character for him and a welcome twist. He did a Pretty hate Machine snippet as well, not to mentino towying with 2 different Queen(!!) songs in the 11 am soundcheck. I was in the hotel across the street and ran into some members of Slint/Metronomy/Chvrches(all 3)/QOTSA/Cut Copy/NIN/National during breakfast.

Veloso was an unexpected highlight as was Dr. John and Mick Harvey. Veloso had a weirly high number of artists in the crowd including all of NIN.

There is nothing weird about Veloso attracting a large number of artists.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Probably my favourite year, even with the shitty sound on the Pitchfork stage for virtually every set I saw.

ZA! getting half naked and turning the 2nd half of their set into a techno party was pretty out there.

Only bad set I saw was Peter Hook. Truly awful. Also, for all the Unknown Pleasures t-shirts on display, none of the wearers were at the set.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Does not have you in it, therefore it is good.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I like that there is nothing about that photo that would ever suggest it has anything to do with a music festival.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern