Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2013-2014

Default Re: College Basketball 2013-2014

Arizona @ UCLA tonight...6 PM, ESPN.

What a game.

Bear down.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

I didn't like how many turnovers they had during that stretch when they gave up the 13-point lead but I admired their resolve to close out the game after they fell behind. Great game, glad I got to see it. It's always gratifying to beat the Bruins. I almost question whether I despise them more than the Scum Devils.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

I was at the game and let me tell you guys something, that place was ROCKING. Fucking loud cause of all the renovations they've done to pauley. First time I've been in there since all the construction. Such an exciting game. I fucking hate the bruins, simply cause I'm an SC fan, but they've got a great stadium there. Now they just gotta fill it on a consistent basis

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I didn't like how many turnovers they had during that stretch when they gave up the 13-point lead but I admired their resolve to close out the game after they fell behind. Great game, glad I got to see it. It's always gratifying to beat the Bruins. I almost question whether I despise them more than the Scum Devils.
    Yeah, you have to love the poise Arizona showed, but geez, they made that game tougher than it had to be.

Too many turnovers, and they went small early on, which didn't help them on the boards...UCLA has been killed on the boards in some games this year, Arizona should've outrebounded them by a much bigger margin than 37-36.

Aaron Gordon missing the front end of two 1 and 1's late didn't help...but they made most of them down the stretch.

Shame that it's their only regular season meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by rs.paris View Post
    I was at the game and let me tell you guys something, that place was ROCKING. Fucking loud cause of all the renovations they've done to pauley. First time I've been in there since all the construction. Such an exciting game. I fucking hate the bruins, simply cause I'm an SC fan, but they've got a great stadium there. Now they just gotta fill it on a consistent basis
    Loved seeing the atmosphere there, especially with all the formers from both sides in attendance.

Good showcase game for the conference.

16-0
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

My Tarheels sure look crummy right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

The now Tubbyless Gophers (thank god) go into the Izzone today. Just hope they don't get embarrassed. Because I know you guys care about upper midwest bubble teams lol
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Zona fans... you want no part of Iowa in a possible Sweet 16 or Elite 8 game. My beloved Gophers actually played fairly well today, but they had no answer for the flurry Iowa went on to end the first half and opening in the 2nd. Gophers up 10 with 1:30 to go before half. Iowa hits 3, draw turnover and get easy layup, Gophers don't convert on next possession, Iowa comes down and hits another 3 right before half. Comes out of half and hits 2 3s on 2 possessions. That flurry was scary. It was a steady ass whoopin from there. Just sayin...

There are 6 Big Ten Teams that seem tourney legit- Both Michigan Schools, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio St, and if the Gophers keep up their play at it's current level they should probably be 'Zona's 2nd round victory if they win their 8-9 matchup lol
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Yeah Big Ten is no joke this year. Haven't watched Iowa too much, but today they looked great. As it pains me to say this, I really don't see Zona losing in Conference play. Pac 12 isn't as strong as it was supposed to be. Especially with colorado losing Dinwiddie and UCLA not having to play them again. Only team that has a chance I think is cal. My final four predictions are:

Michigan St
    Arizona
    Michigan
    Kansas

So 'Zona finally goes down. Justin Cobbs played his freshman season for Tubby's Goohers. He was smart enought to get out before Tubby could ruin him. Happy he's had success at Cal.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

So no excuses Az fans, what was the thing that cost the team this win? I was really pulling for y'all to have an undefeated regular season, because how fucking odd would that have been. What happened tonight? I can't find a story I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

It didn't help that Brandon Ashley may have broken a bone in his foot (according to Sean Miller) and only played 2 minutes. Nick Johnson also had an outlier of a bad game, shooting 1-14. With both of those things happening, and Arizona only shooting 32%, they still only lost by 2 on the road to a team that was 5-3 in the conference coming into the game. The only thing that would worry me, though I'm not an Arizona fan, is the extent of Ashley's injury.

I doesn't seem like Arizona is very deep so they may be worn down now. I thought Cal played pretty well defensively and it definitely hurt Zona with Ashley out. I also thought Cal's bigs altered a lot of shots down low and made really big shots when needed - something they haven't done consistently especially when in foul trouble. Zona had their shots outside but was cold.

Cal has the tallest team they've had since I can remember but it is not deep down low. I was surprised Cal was able to pull this one out with Solomon, who was the best player on the court in the first half, in foul trouble. Wallace made some huge shots which he hasn't made on a consistent basis. Cobbbs has been dependable in the second half for us.

Summary: Cal had lots of players make tough shots when needed and played great defense, something they have struggled to do on a consistent basis - Syracuse and Oregon games are the only other that come to mind where they played this good. That and some luck with Zona having an off night/worn down allowed Cal to squeak out a win at home. Cal too often seems to play to their competition.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 02-01-2014 at 11:51 PM.

What a solid afternoon of basketball. That Duke/'Cuse game was bananas and besides a few questionable calls down the stretch, Syracuse deserved to win that one. I'm just glad it was exciting and the kids stepped up with Parker in foul trouble.

My Carolina boys are shaping up pretty well lately. Go Tarheels!!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

My Jayhawks fell to number 8, but we'll be back up before the Big-12, and after that, another good run in the big dance.

Also, speaking of Kansas teams, how about those Shockers? Anyone got a guess as how well their March Madness run will be?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    My Jayhawks fell to number 8, but we'll be back up before the Big-12, and after that, another good run in the big dance.

Also, speaking of Kansas teams, how about those Shockers? Anyone got a guess as how well their March Madness run will be?
    my guess is elite 8.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post

Depends on whose in their bracket. I'll make a random guess though and say they lose in the 2nd round. The ACTUAL 2nd round. Not including the day where they have two play in games before the tourney starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    my guess is elite 8.
    They went to the final four last year and since they will likely get a 1 seed they have a good shot to get back this year.

Proud of my #1 ranked Florida Gators. If they go through the SEC undefeated that would be amazing. Goes to show what senior leadership and great coaching can do. After three straight elite eights, they are poised to run the table.

I hope Arizona runs into Wichita State in the Final 4 and Florida in the national championship game.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Has anyone ever been to Vegas for March Madness?

No, but friends of mine go every year for the tourney.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I hope Arizona runs into Wichita State in the Final 4 and Florida in the national championship game.
    Me too.

I haven't been to Vegas during MM but have been for the conference tourneys and that was super fun. There's even more games to bet on and less people so friends told me it was actually a better time to go.

are we gonna do a Boardie Bracket pickem this year? Winner gets bragging rights and a Heineken/Frozen Lemonade at the fest this year. Mirror Noir I still owe you from last year lol. I can pay up weekend 1 this year if you're going (I assume yes?)
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Just bought a ticket for tomorrow's SDSU-UNM game. Hoping Aztecs have a better showing than they did at The Pit.
    Recondite 9/27 TBA
    Gus Gus 10/8 The Roxy
    Treasure Island 10/18

Quote Originally Posted by flea73 View Post
    Just bought a ticket for tomorrow's SDSU-UNM game. Hoping Aztecs have a better showing than they did at The Pit.
    Go Lobos!

I'll be doing a $20 dollar bracket pool like usual, I just need emails.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    I'll be doing a $20 dollar bracket pool like usual, I just need emails.
    tommyboy115@hotmail.com