Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: SXSW 2014

Default Re: SXSW 2014

Full police video statement here. Sad

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/b...w-crowd/nfB5n/
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I can't believe that they've got a crime scene that they're still investigating and victims still in critical condition, and they're already talking death penalty.

Because the sanctity of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I can't believe that they've got a crime scene that they're still investigating and victims still in critical condition, and they're already talking death penalty.

They haven't said anything about that. Because it's a capital murder charge he could face it. No telling if they're going to pursue that though.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

That's America for you.

But seriously,I can't believe that this happened.

I guess they need to set up barriers around the barriers to keep out insane drunk fucks like this asshole.

Would of never happened if the cops weren't being dicks. Everyone should just have a breatherlizer attached to they're cars that requires them to be below the level.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

87% of fatal traffic accidents are caused by sober drivers. Everyone should not have a breathalizer attached to their car.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    Would of never happened if the cops weren't being dicks. Everyone should just have a breatherlizer attached to they're cars that requires them to be below the level.
    I agree. Just look at this....

Here are some quick and scary facts:

Alcohol is involved in about 40% of all fatal car crashes.
    Drivers with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of only 0.02 to 0.05 % are 7 times more likely to die in a crash than sober drivers.
    Drivers with a BAC of 0.20% are 90 times more likely to die in a crash than sober drivers.
    Alcohol-related crashes in the U.S. cost about $51 billion each year.
    Male drivers are twice as likely as female drivers to be involved in a DUI crash with a BAC of 0.08% or greater.
    Usually 30% of all fatal crashes on a weekday had alcohol involved, compared to 52% on weekends.

http://www2.courtinfo.ca.gov/stopteendui/parents/facts/

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

spooks agrees that if cops weren't dicks the federal government would mandate breathalyzers nation-wide.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Are you a complete moron? The police were trying to keep drunk drivers off the road. Sure, arguments can be made about the ineffectiveness of DUI checkpoints but your answer to over-regulation is.... more regulation and big-brother oversight? The cost of installing a device like that on every car on the road would be absolutely insane and even if you had the money to do it, getting it done would be near impossible.
    This is such sad news though. These people were probably looking forward to this festival all year like we look forward to Coachella. How terrible and unfair life can be sometimes.

Uh no. The blame falls squarely on the driver, don't try to spin this as the fault of law enforcement for merely doing their job to ensure patrons stay safe.

jumpstart is a troll who we have already responded to far more than necessary. Everyone move on.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    spooks agrees that if cops weren't dicks the federal government would mandate breathalyzers nation-wide.
    Cops are dicks. Same with the fed government

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Pitchfork photographer Colin Kerrigan says, "Right after I walked out of Stubb's, I ran right into the nightmare scene that was unfolding outside...Crazy night. It was pretty disturbing overall especially because Kurt Vile was playing at the venue next door to Mohawk and you could hear his acoustic jams out on the street. So he kind of soundtracked the whole scene without ever knowing what all the flashing lights were about.
    ...creepy

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Fuck you dude. Your first priority is always the fucking band playing. Nobody gives a shit Tyler cancelled you stupid fucking fake human being . Damn drunk drivers as an afterthought sentence . Your a piece of shit and everyone tells you that . wtf is wrong with you .
    I think you have more problems to overreacting to anything I say moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Your a piece of shit and everyone tells you that . wtf is wrong with you .
    Irony
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Cops are dicks. Same with the fed government

Can there be a 'unbelievably dumb motherfucker' device attached to keyboards so that when an unbelievably dumb motherfucker tries to communicate their laughable and senseless opinions, the keyboard shuts down? And then maybe like blows up?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Yeah so people making stupid jokes after people died 24 hours ago can go away . Sounds great.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

When exactly does the moratorium end on making jokes about stupid people writing stupid 'should be legislation ideas' in a thread about a music festival in which there was a terrible accident?
    Last edited by captncrzy; 03-13-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Just relax , if you want to troll me I have better venues such as lana del Rey and lorde are better than 80% of the lineup threads , not people just died at sxsw threads.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

More details and updates have been revealed about last night's tragedy at SXSW. As previously reported, two people were killed and 23 were injured when a car plowed into a crowded street at an epicenter of the festival (9th and Red River, outside the Mohawk) around 12:30 a.m.
    A press conference was held this morning featuring Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo, Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell, and Managing Director of SXSW Roland Swenson, as well as representatives from the fire department and EMS.
    Acevedo said the suspect has been booked and will be charged with two counts of capital murder and 23 counts of aggravated assault with a vehicle. The name of the suspect will be revealed when the charges are filed. Acevedo also urged any witnesses with any information to contact the Austin Police.
    One of the deceased was a local Austin woman who was riding a moped along with another man who is currently in critical condition. The second person who died was a man from the Netherlands who was riding a bicycle. (Previously, it was reported that both people killed had been riding the moped.)
    Eight people remain in the hospital. Two are still in critical condition and three are receiving treatment or surgery.
    "We cannot allow one individual to ruin a wonderful event," Acevedo said. "I urge SXSW to continue." He called the suspect "an individual who showed no regard for human beings."
    http://pitchfork.com/news/54339-sxsw...will-continue/
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Ok, dude. I've got a meeting but I'll keep you posted. Or I'll just see you around.

But seriously, this is a fucked up accident. He deserves those charges.

http://www.kvue.com/news/EMS-respond...250013221.html

Suspect identified, he was driving a stolen car.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

That makes a lot more sense. This whole thing is so sad. I'm glad no one I knew got hurt, since so many people are out there right now. it's weird reading about this having just been right at that very spot a couple months ago. i can see everything very clearly.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Well it is Texas.. and someone did plow through a crowd of people and killed two of them, soo....yeah, death penalty should definitely be considered
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

That makes a lot more sense. This whole thing is so sad. I'm glad no one I knew got hurt, since so many people are out there right now. it's weird reading about this having just been right at that very spot a couple months ago. i can see everything very clearly.
    Same here. Had to call and check on my son and his band today and thankfully all are OK. Hope all the board members attending and their friends and family are safe.

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Well it is Texas.. and someone did plow through a crowd of people and killed two of them, soo....yeah, death penalty should definitely be considered
    Unless, you know, you find the death penalty to be morally abhorrent. Or even if you just want to wait for the basic investigation to conclude first . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Driver plowed through a police barricade. My heart fucking hurts.

After seeing this CNN breaking news at 3 am this morning, my first thought was, "OMG, those poor people have been anticipating this festival much like we anticipate Coachella... " And, that's when my heart began to really hurt... It doesn't matter that I'd probably never met any of them...Just the idea that our paths may have crossed while at one time, enjoying a music set together, or, perhaps someone from this board who may have attended SWSX this year, is enough to bring it "close to home" for me. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by this senseless tragedy...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Oh wow, Fox News and other conservative outlets are going to have a field day with this one.